• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What’s going on with Salah?

Age caught up with him. No power side footed passes are all he has left. Finished at this level unless played as an occasional sub.

Agreed.

I don't see him wanting to go to Saudi.

If he was motivated purely by the money he could have kicked up a fuss and gone last year, but he didn't. And if he was waiting to see how the Saudi league progressed, there is nothing that has happened since then which would have made it more attractive.
I can see a lot of motivation from Salah's point of view now :

1. Klopp leaving
2. He'll have noticed his own decline
3. New manager won't make him an automatic starter, he'll be benched a lot more
4. Moving to a muslim country with a language he's familiar with (even if it differs) and one assumes better muslim schooling
5. Will be held in massive esteem by the fans
6. Will hugely improve his bank balance
7. Far less pressure and media/fan criticism
8. Better weather !

I'm sure there are more. It's far more difficult to make a convincing 'stay' list.

I can see a lot of motivation from Salah's point of view now :

1. Klopp leaving
2. He'll have noticed his own decline
3. New manager won't make him an automatic starter, he'll be benched a lot more
4. Moving to a muslim country with a language he's familiar with (even if it differs) and one assumes better muslim schooling
5. Will be held in massive esteem by the fans
6. Will hugely improve his bank balance
7. Far less pressure and media/fan criticism
8. Better weather !

I'm sure there are more. It's far more difficult to make a convincing 'stay' list.

I don't necessarily think he'll want to stay at Liverpool, but the reason I think that he won't be massively interested in Saudi is because I think he will still fancy his chances of doing well elsewhere in Europe.

I have always got the impression that he is ambitious and focused on his career. The Saudi league is a retirement home and I suspect he probably isn't ready to retire.

I don't necessarily think he'll want to stay at Liverpool, but the reason I think that he won't be massively interested in Saudi is because I think he will still fancy his chances of doing well elsewhere in Europe.

I have always got the impression that he is ambitious and focused on his career. The Saudi league is a retirement home and I suspect he probably isn't ready to retire.
He needs to watch reruns of his performances in 2024 and he will realise it’s time to go to Allah’s waiting room.

A legend sure but one I’ll be glad to see the back of this summer, the ability isn’t there anymore.

He can fuck off to Saudi asap. And take Gakpo with him. And Nunez. And Diaz. And Trent. And fucking everyone but Ali and Macca. But especially Nunez. God am I tired of that useless motherfucking donkey.

He's clearly done for this year in terms of being an effective option. He could come back rejuvenated for next year, albeit never reaching again his peak powers.

I'm still of the mind that he can write his own ticket. If he wants to go, let's sell. If he wants to stay, keep but in a diminished role.

The consensus seems to be to sell Salah this summer. I’ll play Devil’s advocate - if his current form is a post-injury blip and after a good pre-season he can return to the same form he had in the first part of the season until the AFCON, would he be valuable to the team?

I think this video should be labeled encouragement to terrorism and murder and possibly animal cruelty (especially against donkeys) and taken off the Internet. I had to stop before anyone got hurt.

Last edited:
I have a theory.

Mo hates Africa.

He's lived in Europe his whole adult life. He only ever goes back for Afcon. Everytime he goes back he's miserable as fuck and loads his mojo.

He has no African or Arab friends.

He loves Christmas.

He's cultivated an image of an extremely devout Muslim to compensate, but his faith can't change his cultural allegiance.

The consensus seems to be to sell Salah this summer. I’ll play Devil’s advocate - if his current form is a post-injury blip and after a good pre-season he can return to the same form he had in the first part of the season until the AFCON, would he be valuable to the team?

Yeah, you're right, Satan, we probably should pay the most money we've ever paid to anyone to Salah to be mediocre in overall play for the entire season, and only productive for half a season. I mean, it's not as if he's getting worse and worse over time.

Yeah, you're right, Satan, we probably should pay the most money we've ever paid to anyone to Salah to be mediocre in overall play for the entire season, and only productive for half a season. I mean, it's not as if he's getting worse and worse over time.
My client’s name is Devil, not Satan.

Oh, and my client says Salah was widely considered one of our best players this season until the injury and statistically our best attacker by a distance. And if someone can use the disappointment of this season as motivation to come back stronger than ever, that would be Salah. What say you, your honour?

if you lift your head up from spreadsheets with stats, you would see how he has been deteriorating for a long time

My client’s name is Devil, not Satan.

Oh, and my client says Salah was widely considered one of our best players this season until the injury and statistically our best attacker by a distance. And if someone can use the disappointment of this season as motivation to come back stronger than ever, that would be Salah. What say you, your honour?

Statistically; fine. Goals & assists are paramount and he's got them

He's been fucking shite on the pitch other than that though

Back
Top Bottom