• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Six Nations

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=48142.msg1476482#msg1476482 date=1328273560]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=48142.msg1475942#msg1475942 date=1328190927]
Ireland team:

R Kearney (Leinster); T Bowe (Ospreys), K Earls (Munster), G D'Arcy (Leinster), A Trimble (Ulster); J Sexton (Leinster), C Murray (Munster); C Healy (Leinster), R Best (Ulster), M Ross (Leinster), D O'Callaghan (Munster), P O'Connell (Munster, capt), S Ferris (Ulster), S O'Brien (Leinster), J Heaslip (Leinster).

Replacements: S Cronin (Leinster), T Court (Ulster), D Ryan (Munster), P O'Mahony (Munster), E Reddan (Leinster), R O'Gara (Munster), F McFadden (Leinster)

I'm not mad about Earls at 13 any more, I think McFadden at 12 and D'Arcy at 13 would be a better combo. O'Callaghan shouldn't be playing either
[/quote]

Keith Earls has just pulled out, with McFadden coming in.
[/quote]

A little worrying too, the news stated he pulled out for family reasons, and earlier this week the news were reporting the birth of his first child.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=48142.msg1476635#msg1476635 date=1328287051]
[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=48142.msg1476482#msg1476482 date=1328273560]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=48142.msg1475942#msg1475942 date=1328190927]
Ireland team:

R Kearney (Leinster); T Bowe (Ospreys), K Earls (Munster), G D'Arcy (Leinster), A Trimble (Ulster); J Sexton (Leinster), C Murray (Munster); C Healy (Leinster), R Best (Ulster), M Ross (Leinster), D O'Callaghan (Munster), P O'Connell (Munster, capt), S Ferris (Ulster), S O'Brien (Leinster), J Heaslip (Leinster).

Replacements: S Cronin (Leinster), T Court (Ulster), D Ryan (Munster), P O'Mahony (Munster), E Reddan (Leinster), R O'Gara (Munster), F McFadden (Leinster)

I'm not mad about Earls at 13 any more, I think McFadden at 12 and D'Arcy at 13 would be a better combo. O'Callaghan shouldn't be playing either
[/quote]

Keith Earls has just pulled out, with McFadden coming in.
[/quote]

A little worrying too, the news stated he pulled out for family reasons, and earlier this week the news were reporting the birth of his first child.
[/quote]

Apparently the wee one will be alright.

Good to hear.

I'm a little more positive after seeing the side we've named. Still, going to Ireland without 5 first choice forwards would be a big ask for any side.

Nice play by Trinh-Duc in the lead up to that try too, 25-9 to France now. And they haven't been great

Paddy Power had the handicap at 18 points for this game, 4 minutes to go and they're spot on

I see England picked a new brave captain .... he picks on the smallest man on the pitch

Great result for England given the inexperience of the team. Strong defence and most importantly good discipline saw them home. Brilliant game by Denton. Rightly motm.

That was a game short on quality. Scotland squandered dozens of chances to score. Credit to England, their discipline was very good for a newly formed side, and they didn't gift Scotland the penalties they might have expected to accrue.

Getting slightly nervous now.

'If' we can get enough ball, then i fancy our midfield to find a few gaps in the Irish midfield.

Just out of interest if our backs and forwards had a fight i'd fancy our backs to win.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=48142.msg1477282#msg1477282 date=1328433089]

'If' we can get enough ball, then i fancy our midfield to find a few gaps in the Irish midfield.

Just out of interest if our backs and forwards had a fight i'd fancy our backs to win.
[/quote]
Gonna be a tough game for us this one. Win it and we could easily go all the way.

[quote author=vantage link=topic=48142.msg1477313#msg1477313 date=1328441073]

[/quote]
Gonna be a tough game for us this one. Win it and we could easily go all the way.
[/quote]

I am not brimming for confidence this season. Kidney is much too conservative. This team needed a shake-up.

[quote author=vantage link=topic=48142.msg1477313#msg1477313 date=1328441073]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah i agree mate. Saying that though the Irish have to be favourites considering they are at home and we have 5 first choice forwards missing.

'If' we do win though, i'd fancy it to be a championship decider in our last game at home against the French.

We're favourite by five points according to the bookies, and it should be a tight game as usual.

I'm not sure the team needed much shaking up - the back row and front row can compete with and dominate most teams. O'Callaghan is the only one not that deserving of his spot. The backline is as I would have it at the moment.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=48142.msg1477357#msg1477357 date=1328446017]
We're favourite by five points according to the bookies, and it should be a tight game as usual.

I'm not sure the team needed much shaking up - the back row and front row can compete with and dominate most teams. O'Callaghan is the only one not that deserving of his spot. The backline is as I would have it at the moment.
[/quote]

The backrow is great, though is Heaslip back on it? The backline is where I'd be tempted to shake things up more. and introduce some fresh talent.

I also think the best Irish number 9 isn't even in the developmental side.

We've woken up at last, great play from the back line in a few different phases. Nice break from Bowe finished by Best

We put a lot of effort into that half for so few points.

I thought the irish pack would have the upper hand against our second string 8.............

How you didn't score a try in the first ten while you were battering our line was ridiculous. Kearney even stepped aside to let Phillips in off the base of the ruck and Trimble managed to cover it somehow.

We're simply not working hard enough, the support play is generally poor. Too many times we're allowing a ball carrier go into contact in isolation.

Warburton gone off at halftime ?

Heaslip wins us a scrum on the 22 with his tackle on Hook. Nice cross kick by Sexton to put Hook in difficulty

Back
Top Bottom