• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Six Nations

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=48142.msg1479449#msg1479449 date=1328720066]
Ferris cleared as expected.
[/quote]

Does that mean the sin binning was a mistake? Or just that it doesn't warrant a ban?

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=48142.msg1479452#msg1479452 date=1328720539]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=48142.msg1479449#msg1479449 date=1328720066]
Ferris cleared as expected.
[/quote]

Does that mean the sin binning was a mistake? Or just that it doesn't warrant a ban?
[/quote]

I didn't see what was actually said about it yet, the article said they just that they didn't deem it as serious.

I didn't even think it was a penalty, never mind a binning.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=48142.msg1479650#msg1479650 date=1328742636]
So, wuz we robbed, or wha'?
[/quote]

Technically, we prolly should have won the game. On balance, we didn't exert enough control on the game to complain too much about the result.

In fairness, I'd say Wales edged it performance-wise, but yeah, technically we should have won it.

I don't think i'm being biased when saying that we were quite a bit better than the irish on the day.

On the Ferris thing, I gather the citing officer was from the Italian RFU. Lack of experience maybe?

Incidentally, Irish fans on here, Worcester have signed the Ulster prop John Andress from Exeter Chiefs as one of their tight-heads for next season after the signing of poor Rhys Thomas fell through. Any comments on Andress?

I've never heard of him mate, but Exeters front five have been going very well this season.

Tommy Bowe has stated that he'll be going back to ireland next season. He'll be a fantastic pick up for whoever gets him.

I'm not sure of the ins and outs of the rules but from what i've heard some refs would of given it and others not. I think Ferris has to take a lot of the blame for making a dubious tackle at such a vital stage of the game.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=48142.msg1480019#msg1480019 date=1328824595]
Was the referee corect to award the penalty that cost us the game?
[/quote]

No

I wouldn't bet until I see the team

There should be some changes, but I bet the only that's made is Earls returns at either McFadden or Trimble's expense.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=48142.msg1480349#msg1480349 date=1328883893]
I wouldn't bet until I see the team

There should be some changes, but I bet the only that's made is Earls returns at either McFadden or Trimble's expense.
[/quote]

I thought it was announced, Earls in for McFadden.

Just watched the Wales v Ireland game (amazing, I didn't know the score almost a week after the match). I was rooting for Wales for the whole championship beforehand, still am (sorry Ross) because of their efforts in the World Cup. Brilliant game. North was outstanding. How the Welsh lad stayed on the pitch was baffling.

I'm worried for us tonight.Unless we really take the game to France theres a fair chance we'll get hammered.

I thought Kidney should change the half backs, and drop DOC.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=48142.msg1481276#msg1481276 date=1328983498]
I'm worried for us tonight.Unless we really take the game to France theres a fair chance we'll get hammered.

I thought Kidney should change the half backs, and drop DOC.
[/quote]

Yeah, what is it with O'Callaghan? Is his partnership with O'Connell keeping him in the side?

Wales getting the benefit of some questionable refereeing decisions again.

Very enjoyable game.

Well done to the Scots they really came and gave it a good go, even at 14 points up and not long to go i was still slightly nervous. Looks like the Scots have found a very decent young back in Hogg.

Both yellows were the right calls from the ref/officials, yet he did make a howler in disallowing that try.

England up next and i hear that they have a number of players returning from bans/injuries........

Back
Top Bottom