• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Skrtel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it is codswallop. Player turns world class, so it is time to sell? Going nowhere, and from what I've heard of him, he's very happy here. Could be a prelude to an increased offer on his contract though, which he's probably earning anyway.

Yep

I'd be properly gutted if Skrtel left, but i don't think any of us could begrudge him a move to a big European Club competing in the Champions League. If the likes of Bayern, Real, Barca, Milan come calling it's bound to tempt players away.

Yet again, we're without Champions League football and i reckon we will be again the season after next if some things don't change at the Club.

I don't think it would be a money issue either, at the end of the day, Skrtel's a Slovak with no real ties to LFC. The only way Skrtel leaving would leave a bitter taste would be if it was to another Premier League team but i don't think he'd do that.

Skrtel isn't leaving

He's a big baldy superhero maverick wildcard

He'll smash the back doors in on contract negotiations with his manlyness

In fact, any pussy who thinks he might even slightly go deserves a right clip round the ears from the big man himself

I'd be properly gutted if Skrtel left, but i don't think any of us could begrudge him a move to a big European Club competing in the Champions League. If the likes of Bayern, Real, Barca, Milan come calling it's bound to tempt players away.

Yet again, we're without Champions League football and i reckon we will be again the season after next if some things don't change at the Club.

I don't think it would be a money issue either, at the end of the day, Skrtel's a Slovak with no real ties to LFC. The only way Skrtel leaving would leave a bitter taste would be if it was to another Premier League team but i don't think he'd do that.
Id begrudge it. Im a begrudging motherfucker.
He signed a contract. He took money. Hundreds of thousands of pounds from the fans pockets to play for Liverpool. Why should i not begrudge him going to Barcelona?
Oh we arent in the champions league!!! So write some shit into your contract about it. Or dont fucking sign. Or be part of a team less shit that earns Champions league berths.
Fuck not begrudging. I BEGRUDGE.
Our player. Bought and paid for and if he asks to leave tell him no.
Simple.

I hate all this 'can't begrudge them a move', 'we're shite' bollocks. We've no fucking chance of getting back to where we belong if we sell our best players. Skrtel is a season away from playing in the CL again.

I'm STILL not in fucking dumblydore.

maffafakka just ignoring me

He signed a contract. He took money. Hundreds of thousands of pounds from the fans pockets to play for Liverpool. Why should i not begrudge him going to Barcelona?
Oh we arent in the champions league!!! So write some shit into your contract about it. Or dont fucking sign. Or be part of a team less shit that earns Champions league berths.
Simple.
Herr count me in for dumbledores army

Simple.

In an ideal world, yes, but football's far from ideal, more now than ever.

He signed the contract almost 2 years ago and at the time, maybe he thought we would be back in the Champions League before long - not 7th or 8th in the league. I'm sure the Club would have happily got rid of Skrtel if we didn't see a big improvement in his game but he's expected to stay loyal when his reputation as a top defender is growing and he could get a move to a Champions League team? Loyalty works both ways.

In an ideal world, yes, but football's far from ideal, more now than ever.

He signed the contract almost 2 years ago and at the time, maybe he thought we would be back in the Champions League before long - not 7th or 8th in the league. I'm sure the Club would have happily got rid of Skrtel if we didn't see a big improvement in his game but he's expected to stay loyal when his reputation as a top defender is growing and he could get a move to a Champions League team? Loyalty works both ways.
Well, of course, because Skrtel will be doing what he's being paid to do. He's expected to stay loyal and honour his contract after only being half way through his contract.

What's his nationality got to do with it? For decades we've had foreign players who are as loyal to the club as any Scouser.

On the loyalty point, the club *has* been loyal to the man and given him the time he needed to reach his current level. But it's an academic argument anyway. The Skrteliser is going nowhere.

What's his nationality got to do with it? For decades we've had foreign players who are as loyal to the club as any Scouser.

On the loyalty point, the club *has* been loyal to the man and given him the time he needed to reach his current level. But it's an academic argument anyway. The Skrteliser is going nowhere.

It is so.

Or playing with one of the biggest clubs in the history of the game, with the ambitions to get back to the place they belong.

Name me one club that'll pay £20m for Skrtel?

Bullshit agent rumour.

Fabs is right. Utd paid 30 for Rio a decade ago, and he's that good, and a leader too. And not a twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom