• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Skrtel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skrtel didn't have the best starts to his Liverpool career but he's developed into the player he is because we stuck by him.

If he really wants to leave it would be a real shame because he and Agger could really be something special but then it will be on Liverpool's terms.

Skrtel wants to get back playing in the Champions League but he hopes to achieve that in the long-term by staying at Anfield.
“You cannot say Liverpool won’t play in the Champions League. It is a big club and because they haven’t made it this year doesn’t mean they would not next,” Csonto said.
“There are expectations on both sides, though. Some changes have been made at the club and the player wants to know what the aims and ambitions are.
“We want to discuss with Liverpool what they want and, of course, we will discuss the issue of Martin’s new contract.”
The 27-year-old’s current deal expires in 2014. Skrtel has blossomed into one of the best centre-backs in the Premier League since arriving from Zenit St Petersburg for £6.5million in January 2008.

Skrtel wants to get back playing in the Champions League but he hopes to achieve that in the long-term by staying at Anfield.
“You cannot say Liverpool won’t play in the Champions League. It is a big club and because they haven’t made it this year doesn’t mean they would not next,” Csonto said.
“There are expectations on both sides, though. Some changes have been made at the club and the player wants to know what the aims and ambitions are.
“We want to discuss with Liverpool what they want and, of course, we will discuss the issue of Martin’s new contract.”
The 27-year-old’s current deal expires in 2014. Skrtel has blossomed into one of the best centre-backs in the Premier League since arriving from Zenit St Petersburg for £6.5million in January 2008.

That bolded bit is the key for me. There's a lot of talk these days about players wanting CL football but you hear precious few references of this kind. To me that says his attitude and commitment are spot on (which I thought anyway), another very good reason to hang on to him.

Thus endeth the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Those without teeth will be provided with a set of dentures.

and going nowhere

Elsewhere, Skrtel emphatically dismissed speculation suggesting he may leave Liverpool this summer and insisted: 'I am happy here.'
Some newspaper reports claimed the defender is considering his future - but Skrtel is adamant he wants to remain at Anfield.
He said: "The only thing I can say is it is not true because I have never said anything like I want to leave the club or handed in a transfer request.
"I have a contract at Liverpool and I am happy here at the club. I haven't thought about leaving the club.
"The things that were in the press are rubbish."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...and-his-future

Suarez will go though, not through choice either. It's all about the money.......

Skrtel has been our best player this season.

Give him a payrise and be done with it. He's a class act and we need to keep him.

Great to read about Skrtel by the way. He's a key player for us nowadays. Player of the season by a mile.

and going nowhere

Elsewhere, Skrtel emphatically dismissed speculation suggesting he may leave Liverpool this summer and insisted: 'I am happy here.'
Some newspaper reports claimed the defender is considering his future - but Skrtel is adamant he wants to remain at Anfield.
He said: "The only thing I can say is it is not true because I have never said anything like I want to leave the club or handed in a transfer request.
"I have a contract at Liverpool and I am happy here at the club. I haven't thought about leaving the club.
"The things that were in the press are rubbish."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...and-his-future

Excellent ... it's only a pity, as Sunny says, that Suarez is most likely gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom