• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Sparta Prague (H) - EL - Thursday 20:00

That's fine. A back 5 of Kelleher Bradley Endo Quansah and Kostas for me then. What's wrong with letting Endo show off his versatility too? CB isn't a new position for him. All the confidence he can perform there in these games. With him being far more robust over someone like Gomez, I'd be resting Gomez for this one. Mix of youth and experience like how it should be in these games.
We don't need to play Endo - we just don't.

A magical but very tough 90 mins game against City will be followed by a very tough, fractious, FAC game at OT on Sunday. Why on earth play him in a nonsensical 90 mins (or less) in a tie we've already won. No sense whatsoever.

You can’t play with fear about injuries.

i don’t see the risk in playing Kelleher - it’ll keep him sharp.

Virgil - only because he’ll cruise through it - and even then I’d probably play Gomez - just a question of where.

The others I agree with resting.
WTF. Of course we can. By looking at minutes played and games to come.

We don't want another Jota-like injury (against was it Midgetland)? And as to a degree happened to Konate (should have come off at HT). We've already got Matip and Konate injured ... how would an injury to VvD be perceived? Leaving us with Gomez and Quansah as our starting CB pairing? Klopp would be strung up. Madness.

That's fine. A back 5 of Kelleher Bradley Endo Quansah and Kostas for me then. What's wrong with letting Endo show off his versatility too? CB isn't a new position for him. All the confidence he can perform there in these games. With him being far more robust over someone like Gomez, I'd be resting Gomez for this one. Mix of youth and experience like how it should be in these games.

Because Endo’s more important to the team than Gomez and he got a knock the other week.

Replacing Endo means moving Mac A back to DM.

We have cover in every defensive position, such that Gomez would be first choice.

Gomez is much more stunted to playing as a DM because he’s been regularly inverting there from FB.

Endo may have played as a CB - but not for us - so I’d keep him either in his best position or ideally not on the pitch for this one.

We don't need to play Endo - we just don't.

A magical but very tough 90 mins game against City will be followed by a very tough, fractious, FAC game at OT on Sunday. Why on earth play him in a nonsensical 90 mins (or less) in a tie we've already won. No sense whatsoever.
Because at the end of the day Froggy we still need to field 11 players and as we're still missing 7-8 players to injury we're fairly limited to what we can put out. Probably gonna be a line up where someone will question and have a bit of a moan as to why so and so is playing. It is what it is.

Was it nonsensical to also start him in a dead rubber like USG away? Klopp did it anyway.

WTF. Of course we can. By looking at minutes played and games to come.

We don't want another Jota-like injury (against was it Midgetland)? And as to a degree happened to Konate (should have come off at HT). We've already got Matip and Konate injured ... how would an injury to VvD be perceived? Leaving us with Gomez and Quansah as our starting CB pairing? Klopp would be strung up. Madness.

I sense much fear in you.

Path to the dark side that.

Cone on mate - Jota has a history of breaking down - Virgil doesn’t , unless assaulted by a fucking T-Rex.

Don’t play Virgil then - I’m 50/50 on it - then it’s Quansah and Gomez at CB and you’re going to need a senior midfielder - not sure Dom is ready to handhold 2 kids while coming back from injury - so you’re looking at Mac A or Endo playing.

I sense much fear in you.

Path to the dark side that.

Cone on mate - Jota has a history of breaking down - Virgil doesn’t , unless assaulted by a fucking T-Rex.

Don’t play Virgil then - I’m 50/50 on it - then it’s Quansah and Gomez at CB and you’re going to need a senior midfielder - not sure Dom is ready to handhold 2 kids while coming back from injury - so you’re looking at Mac A or Endo playing.
I would be comfortable with Szobo, McConnell and Clark midfield against Sparta at home while 4 goals up. The big questions are who partners Quansah (VVD, Gomez or Endo), who plays on the right in attack (I assume Gakpo and Koumas take the other 2 spots) and whether we trust Adrian not to fuck things up.

We need a defence that has pace, because Sparta banks on fast breaks and they broke through our defence a couple of occasions last time. It was their finishing that let them down. I see VVD starting and coming off once the game is completely out of sight

I would be comfortable with Szobo, McConnell and Clark midfield against Sparta at home while 4 goals up. The big questions are who partners Quansah (VVD, Gomez or Endo), who plays on the right in attack (I assume Gakpo and Koumas take the other 2 spots) and whether we trust Adrian not to fuck things up.

Guessing Gomez if we are playing Bradley and Robbo against Utd

Yeah - that’s fair.

Not convinced McConnell’s good for 90 mins - we tend not to give the more inexperienced kids that long.

----------------------------Kelleher
---Bradley - - Quansah - - Gomez - - Tsimikas
--------------------------McConnell
---------- -Szoboszlai-----------Clarke
---------Salah - - - - - - Danns - - - - - - -Gakpo

I'm fine with something like this. Get minutes into Salah and Dom and then ease more kids in when the game is won. Elliott deserves a week off.

Klopp always plays a stronger team than we think.

Out of our senior players I think he'll rest endo, macca, Diaz, nunez, elliot

Play vvd, mo, gakpo, sbozo, robbo

Not sure on jogo, probably rest.

So that leaves us something like squiggles team with VVD and robbo in.

Won't it be nice when we've got jones, jota, ibou, trent back fighting for a spot...?

Just have 5 outfield players play the full match, players like Clark Quansah Cody Tsimi Danns, the other 5 will be substituted at 45-60 mins. We should be fine.

Gravenberch back in training today so he might play some part in the game

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmTtGOsKVls

I'm really annoyed with Dom on this - he missed a sitter when it comes to comedy opportunities. Right at the start the host asks if anyone needs a translator and no one did, which the host seemed pleasantly surprised by .. at that point Dom should have answered the first question in Hungarian.

Nice to get the squad replenished but have to say I like the attitude and work rate of Clark more than i do that of Gravy.

Let’s hope the emergence of Clark & McConnell (and even the growing stature of Elliot, who was possibly behind Gravy in the pecking order at start of the season) brings the best out of him.

We need every part of our squad to step up in order to get the Jurgen Klopp fairy tale over the line

Nice to get the squad replenished but have to say I like the attitude and work rate of Clark more than i do that of Gravy.

Let’s hope the emergence of Clark & McConnell (and even the growing stature of Elliot, who was possibly behind Gravy in the pecking order at start of the season) brings the best out of him.

We need every part of our squad to step up in order to get the Jurgen Klopp fairy tale over the line
To be fair to gravy, his last 2 games prior to injury he upped his work rate. Clearly he took my criticism seriously

We need to get as many minute out of Gomez as possible between now at the FA Cup game against Utd - looking like twat-features is going to give him an England recall, which can only mean one thing…, he’s going to get injured while on international duty and be out until after Christmas.

To be fair to gravy, his last 2 games prior to injury he upped his work rate. Clearly he took my criticism seriously

Let’s hope Gravy drew Gakpo’s attention to your musings on him - it might be the rocket he needs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom