• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Sparta Prague (H) - EL - Thursday 20:00

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
This game is over, not much need to give minutes to players we want in the league, let’s use it to get those on the fringes in form.

I’d also rest Kelleher, although he’s in fine form so maybe just stick at it.

Adrian (seriously… let him have a game)

Bradley
Quansah
Nallo
Tsimikas

McConnell
Clark
Nyoni

Gordon
Gakpo
Koumas

I’d have someone instead of Bradley too, so that he’s ready for a trip to Old Trafford.

Players who shouldn’t even be on the bench:

Virgil
Macca
Diaz
Nunez
Salah

Mo & Szobo don’t need this game to be ready for United, let’s not risk it.

That line up would not only cost us the game, it would get us knocked out.
Salah and Szobo should start for fitness reasons.

We’d easily get through, those midfielders and attackers look very good. The only two unknowns are Nyoni & Nallo.

Maybe you put Gomez at CB and Szobo starts (Elliot is ready for a rest!).

We’d easily get through, those midfielders and attackers look very good. The only two unknowns are Nyoni & Nallo.

Maybe you put Gomez at CB and Szobo starts (Elliot is ready for a rest!).
Yeah we need one or two leaders in there. Don't forget how many sitters Sparta actually missed in the first game

Obviously we need a strong enough team not to lose at Anfield. Whilst resting all those players that desperately need resting to be ready for United (A) in the FAC at the weekend. This means minutes for Szobo and Mo but not starts (or maybe 50 mins and then subbed).

Deffo go along with resting Kelleher. He's played every game recently and although fitness isn't an issue mental acuity could be with the deep concentration required of keepers. Quansah plays again assuming Konate is back for United.

I'm not starting Nallo or Nyoni ... both 16 yr olds. Musialowski to come on.

--------------------------- Adrian

Bradley ------ Quansah ------ Gomez ----- Tsimikas

------------------------- McConnell

------------- Clark --------------------- Gakpo

---- Salah ----------- Danns --------- Koumas

Last edited:
Who needs a rest - Diaz, Harvey, Mac A & Endo.

Who needs games to build fitness & form - Robbo, Tsimikas, Dom, Mo & Gakpo.

What youngsters could play - Bradley, Kounas, McConnell, Clark, Dann, Gordon.

Kelleher
Bradley - Quansah - Virgil - Robbo
Dom - Gomez - Clark
Mo - Gakpo - Koumas

Bring McConnell, Tsimikas, Dann & Gordon on after 65 mins when the games 100% secured.

Can’t believe there’s another game this Thursday.

Somebody in the City match thread said there was an international break and for the first time ever I was happy there was one.

Following this total race is hard going. No clue how the players do it!

This game is over, not much need to give minutes to players we want in the league, let’s use it to get those on the fringes in form.

Bradley
Quansah
Nallo
Tsimikas

McConnell
Clark
Nyoni

Gordon
Gakpo
Koumas

I’d have someone instead of Bradley too, so that he’s ready for a trip to Old Trafford.

Virgil
Macca
Diaz
Nunez
Salah

I know Danns had a concussion but isn't he not ready yet?

Need to rest as many as we can. Our biggest enemy now is injuries. Put the big guns on the bench.

It's crazy to me after 9 years, some fans still don't know how Klopp rolls. He's not gonna field a team of kids. Never has done except that Villa game when we had to fly out to Doha the next day to play the CWC. It doesn't do them any good in their development so stop waiting for it to happen.

Kelleher Bradley Quansah Nallo Kostas Endo Szobo Clark Salah Danns Gakpo

Mcconnell and Gordon for Szobo and Salah at HT.

he looked way off the pace yesterday
In moments, he played the pass of the match.

Him losing some battles is vintage Mo but to me he very much looked right up for it and saw a lot of the ball in the time he was on.

In moments, he played the pass of the match.

Him losing some battles is vintage Mo but to me he very much looked right up for it and saw a lot of the ball in the time he was on.
He played the pass of the match and had some good moments, but in terms of energy, he looked like he'd played the whole game at times and when it came to any other final pass he looked like he didn't have that extra ounce in him. He's always sharp in the right moments when he comes back, but he needs to build up his energy and match fitness regardless.

It's crazy to me after 9 years, some fans still don't know how Klopp rolls. He's not gonna field a team of kids. Never has done except that Villa game when we had to fly out to Doha the next day to play the CWC. It doesn't do them any good in their development so stop waiting for it to happen.

Kelleher Bradley Quansah Nallo Kostas Endo Szobo Clark Salah Danns Gakpo

Mcconnell and Gordon for Szobo and Salah at HT.

You’ve just posted a team of kids

Bradley
Quansah
Nallo
Tsimikas

McConnell
Clark
Nyoni

Gordon
Gakpo
Koumas

Virgil
Macca
Diaz
Nunez
Salah

Think becuase of the score you have forgotten how many real chances they made...
\\i think your choice of starting team needs to be stronger

Yeah we need one or two leaders in there. Don't forget how many sitters Sparta actually missed in the first game
I agree, no need to start too many players from recent regular starters. Mo and Szobo should start, at least 55-60 minutes.

We should get Robbo, Tsmikas also up to the speed.

I don't see Nyoni or Gordon starting.
Rest look good, Gakpo will start as he hasn't played for about 4 months...

We could also slot Endo next to Quansah at CB and have a midfield trio of Mcconnell Clark and Szobo. Wouldn't mind that.

Obviously we need a strong enough team not to lose at Anfield. Whilst resting all those players that desperately need resting to be ready for United (A) in the FAC at the weekend. This means minutes for Szobo and Mo but not starts (or maybe 50 mins and then subbed).

Deffo go along with resting Kelleher. He's played every game recently and although fitness isn't an issue mental acuity could be with the deep concentration required of keepers. Quansah plays again assuming Konate is back for United.

I'm not starting Nallo or Nyoni ... both 16 yr olds. Musialowski to come on.

--------------------------- Adrian

Bradley ------ Quansah ------ Gomez ----- Tsimikas

------------------------- McConnell

------------- Clark --------------------- Gakpo

---- Salah ----------- Danns --------- Koumas
The Polish Messi has to come on, especially against his compatriots.

Or so Brizzle told me anyway.

I don't think you're too far off there.

Think Szobo for Danns - and Gapko upfront.

45 for both Salah and Szobo.

🤣

Your knowledge of Eastern European georgaphy could use some work :)

We could also slot Endo next to Quansah at CB and have a midfield trio of Mcconnell Clark and Szobo. Wouldn't mind that.

Or we could just play Virgil at CB. Since he coasts through games without breaking sweat, rest Endo and play Gomez at DM for 60 mins before bringing on McConnell.

Back
Top Bottom