• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suarez SIGNED. Welcome to Liverpool Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Suarez paves the way for Anfield switch as Babel nears the exit door

That pug-faced clown on SSN who points his fat fingers at his magic television screen said they (SSN) had reports Comolli has been at Ajax's training ground all day.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=43645.msg1261272#msg1261272 date=1295890821]
That pug-faced clown on SSN who points his fat fingers at his magic television screen said they (SSN) had reports Comolli has been at Ajax's training ground all day.
[/quote]

Well that narrows it down.

CLOWNDog3.gif

Hahaha, the transfer gimp is probably a better description. Still, it's SSN and they know fuck all.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=43645.msg1261277#msg1261277 date=1295891085]
Hahaha, the transfer gimp is probably a better description. Still, it's SSN and they know fuck all.
[/quote]

They know women don't understand the offside rule. They don't know, however, when their mikes are switched on.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261297#msg1261297 date=1295892783]
I quite like SS.

*runs*
[/quote]

You're a traitor to your gender ! Do me a favour love.

Can someone post an audio of what was said? I think the whole thing is being blown a bit out of proportion based on the transcripts I've read.

I think I text Oncy about the female lino during the game, shame on me.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261302#msg1261302 date=1295893370]
Can someone post an audio of what was said? I think the whole thing is being blown a bit out of proportion based on the transcripts I've read.

I think I text Oncy about the female lino during the game, shame on me.
[/quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9371642.stm

Here you go love. Now be a good girl a put the kettle on will ya ?

Oh come on. It's totally blown out of proportion, wow men of a certain age having a moan about women in the game.

I don't see what the big deal is.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261304#msg1261304 date=1295893590]
Oh come on. It's totally blown out of proportion, wow men of a certain age having a moan about women in the game.

[/quote]

Surprised that you've taken this view. It's obviously a sexist comment that has no place in the game. I view it in the same way as a racist comment. Obviously it was never meant to be made public, but it has and they should take whatever punishment given. If they're seen to take this lightly it won't be good for the sport.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261304#msg1261304 date=1295893590]

[/quote]

Well you wouldn't because you don't what offside is do you.? Anyway, be a dear and get us some biscuits while you're up as well.

They're talking about 'women in football' not women in general, I wish people would stop cheapen the issue of racism by comparing the two.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to the game, I wouldn't want to see a female player playing for a PL team, nor would I want to see a female manager managing a male team, so why a female ref? And it is against the grain of things, so aren't people entitled to question it?

Sorry mods, I know this is in the wrong thread, Sunny if you can move the last few posts into the other thread, pls feel free.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261309#msg1261309 date=1295893949]
They're talking about 'women in football' not women in general, I wish people would stop cheapen the issue of racism by comparing the two.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to the game, I wouldn't want to see a female player playing for a PL team, nor would I want to see a female manager managing a male team, so why a female ref? And it is against the grain of things, so aren't people entitled to question it?

Sorry mods, I know this is in the wrong thread, Sunny if you can move the last few posts into the other thread, pls feel free.
[/quote]

I'm not moving anything love. You'll only change your mind in a minute anyway and then blame me for being unable to find it.

Now you're just being mean Sunny, and it's not what you're saying, it's the way you're saying it!

You are just blowing things out of proportion now....

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261314#msg1261314 date=1295894209]
Now you're just being mean Sunny, and it's not what you're saying, it's the way you're saying it!
[/quote]

So there IS something wrong? Anyway It's not you it's me Anita. And your mother has never liked me.

Right, that's it. I'm going the alehouse. I'll be in when I'm in.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261318#msg1261318 date=1295894455]
*hysterical crying*
[/quote]

See ? All my fault.

*slams door*

I've just set women back by two decades, haven't I?

[/quote]

Maybe I've read it differently, but I've took it that they're saying she can't understand the offside rule because she's a woman. I don't know how anyone would not find that offensive, or at least understand that views like that are not acceptable whether in football or in any other part of life.

*looks at Neets*

Hmmmmmmmmm....!

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=43645.msg1261326#msg1261326 date=1295894904]

[/quote]

Maybe I've read it differently, but I've took it that they're saying she can't understand the offside rule because she's a woman. I don't know how anyone would not find that offensive, or at least understand that views like that are not acceptable whether in football or in any other part of life.
[/quote]

Football is a male dominated sport, generally speaking traditionally women are not interested in it and don't know much about it. They seem to be quite light hearted about it, like I said, I think the whole thing's being blown a bit of out proportion.

Tell you what though. They look like right nobs because she got the 1st goal decision spot on.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261334#msg1261334 date=1295895273]
Tell you what though. They look like right nobs because she got the 1st goal decision spot on.
[/quote]

She made a really good call, I thought he was off (what do I know I'm a girl, yeah blah blah). Fair play to her.

Look, obviously, I disagree with them. I *know* some girls do know football, I'm just not surprised that the general assumption from men is that we don't.
And I know the general reaction to me from male fans is 'yeah what do you know', but it's part and parcel of being a football fan. Just like if a straight guy started talking to me about couture fashion, he'd have to accept that he's in the minority and maybe prone to be treated so.

Fuck "tradition" !

If a few guys on here started giving you a load of shit in a thread about formations/tactics and were being openly sexist, would you just shrug it off as "tradition".

is Suarez a girl or something?

[quote author=themn link=topic=43645.msg1261338#msg1261338 date=1295895611]
Fuck "tradition" !

If a few guys on here started giving you a load of shit in a thread about formations/tactics and were being openly sexist, would you just shrug it off as "tradition".

[/quote]

Eh that's happened plenty of times, and although I don't like it, it is what it is. And generally you're treated as a silly girl until you prove otherwise. And that's probably one of the main reasons I only post on this site, cos I can't be bothered with posting on a new forum and being treated like a div until people work out that I do actually have half a clue.

Lol @ Mystic. I am sorry for taking the thread off topic when there's a perfectly good thread about this. I did ask Sunny to move the posts if he could, but he's gone off to the pub to sulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom