• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer 2013-NON LFC ONLY-Transfer Rumours/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Themn.. I was gonna start one of these thread..

Got any rumours, speculation or just general twitter bollocks.. keep it in here..

We are Strongly linked with a player... start a new thread about it....

Cheers

It says everything is agreed I think.
Wouldnt mind Begovic as a replacement for Reina.

And I know people - glasshouses etc.
But that Tancredi fella is full of shite.
Jovetic may move to Arsenal of course...

It says everything is agreed I think.
Wouldnt mind Begovic as a replacement for Reina.

Begovic was immense this year, especially considering how bad the rest of his team was. Reina looked much better the last quarter of the season or so and it would be sad to see him go but if we could upgrade with Begovic I would be happy with the move.

I guess Begovic will go seeing as though Butland has already been signed, and Man Utd don't need him who he was previously linked with as De Gea was named in the premiership xl

sheeeeeit Jovetic is good. Could it be the season Arsenal stop arsing about and spend some money?

Arsenal have been heavily linked with Higuain too these few days too. Fee of £19 million mentioned.

Looks like Arsenal are serious about Yovetic...

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri
4h

It's no more just a contact,or interest.Since yesterday an Arsenal bid is on Fiorentina's table:30m € for Jovetic,exactly the price tag.

Fiorentina President Andrea Della Valle revealed his bitterness at missing third place and admits “it’s very unlikely” Stevan Jovetic will stay.

The Viola are still smarting after tasting Champions League football for most of Sunday, only for Milan to fight back for a 2-1 win at Siena in the final six minutes.

“I was furious on Sunday, but even more so disappointed, as there was so much bitterness,” said ADV in a Press conference.

“The night of our defeat to Roma, I realised our Champions League dream was over. It’s a shame, as it would’ve been the right reward for our squad. We played the best football in Italy and were the second most prolific side.”

Della Valle went back on to the soft penalty for a shirt tug on Mario Balotelli that sparked Milan’s comeback.

“It was a shame to hear the referees back that decision. If any contact in the box is a penalty, then who knows how many spot-kicks there ought to be? Balotelli dived a bit like Tania Cagnotto,” he joked about the Olympic diving champion.

Now Fiorentina look to the future in the Europa League, which doesn’t look like it will be enough to keep David Pizarro and Jovetic at the club.

“Pizarro was one of the most disappointed on Sunday night. We have to understand what happened in his mind over the last few weeks.

“I hope nobody wants to leave here because they feel there’s no way to win due to other factors. Next season, seeing this squad, I hope we can raise the bar and no longer see the Champions League as utopia.

“Jovetic has to figure out what he wants for the future. If he does choose something else, then it is important we are compensated with adequate reinforcements.

“It’s very unlikely he will stay, but in any case he behaved professionally and fairly this season. We are trying to build a team that can challenge for the Champions League. I asked Jo-Jo to help us get back into Europe and he did that.”

Della Valle also revealed he “advised Luca Toni to retire and become a club director.”

Dated Feb 2013:
Reina-Begovic-Vorm2.jpg

Dated Jan 2013:
begovic.jpg

"Begovic leads the trio with nine clean sheets to the other pair’s eight, and his 59 saves only trail Cech’s 61 (Hart has 37). Both Cech and Hart have conceded only 19 goals, while Begovic has allowed 20, but subtracting penalties Begovic would lead all Premier League ‘keepers with 16 open play goals allowed (Cech has 17, Hart 18). In true Stoke City fashion, though, the area where the Bosnian shines is in the air; although neither Cech nor Hart is noticeably vulnerable to high crosses, Begovic has claimed 44 high crosses this season to Cech’s 20 catches and Joe Hart’s mere 16. Furthermore, he has yet to mishandle a high cross, a reliable stat that Hart and Cech cannot claim."

sheeeeeit Jovetic is good. Could it be the season Arsenal stop arsing about and spend some money?

I read an article recently that said Arsenal will be spending around £70m this summer. I've always felt that Wenger has done an excellent job these last 6 or 7 years with no money to spend, always getting CL and occasionally even challenging for the title. I might put a tenner on them to win the title next season.

Dated Feb 2013:
Reina-Begovic-Vorm2.jpg

Dated Jan 2013:
begovic.jpg

"Begovic leads the trio with nine clean sheets to the other pair’s eight, and his 59 saves only trail Cech’s 61 (Hart has 37). Both Cech and Hart have conceded only 19 goals, while Begovic has allowed 20, but subtracting penalties Begovic would lead all Premier League ‘keepers with 16 open play goals allowed (Cech has 17, Hart 18). In true Stoke City fashion, though, the area where the Bosnian shines is in the air; although neither Cech nor Hart is noticeably vulnerable to high crosses, Begovic has claimed 44 high crosses this season to Cech’s 20 catches and Joe Hart’s mere 16. Furthermore, he has yet to mishandle a high cross, a reliable stat that Hart and Cech cannot claim."

Those Begovic high cross catches and 0 missed crosses are damn impressive but those distribution numbers are worrisome.

I read an article recently that said Arsenal will be spending around £70m this summer. I've always felt that Wenger has done an excellent job these last 6 or 7 years with no money to spend, always getting CL and occasionally even challenging for the title. I might put a tenner on them to win the title next season.

Yea despite all the jokes about them winning very little he's kept a steady ship and allowed them to pay the stadium. It wouldn't surprise me if he's had a look at Fergie retiring and thought now is the time to spend big and start winning to give the fans something more to remember when he's done at Arsenal.

Mourinho back, Arsene spending, Pellegrini at City, Fergie retired, no Moyes for Everton, Carragher on sky - if we make some nice signings it'll be interesting

Their run of form towards the end of season was impressive too - 29 points out of 36. And for the 1st time in 2-3 seasons, they won't be facing the nightmare scenario of losing their star players (RVP & Song last season, Fabregas, Nasri & Clichy the season before).

Arsenal always have 70ish mill to spend.
I'd like to see Wenger actually spending it first.

Oh, right, so my original thread title is edited before it gets a chance to roll and THEN, is edited to almost resemble the original premise.....WHAT IS FUCKING GOING ON ROUND HERE NOW A DAYS ?!

#likeNorthKorea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom