• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer 2013-NON LFC ONLY-Transfer Rumours/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed his club have opened talks with Manchester City over the futures of Edin Dzeko and Edinson Cavani

They should be able to pull Dzeko + 20 million = Cavani ... Good deal if true

Oh, right, so my original thread title is edited before it gets a chance to roll and THEN, is edited to almost resemble the original premise.....WHAT IS FUCKING GOING ON ROUND HERE NOW A DAYS ?!

#likeNorthKorea
Since I left innit.

Shameful.

Oh, right, so my original thread title is edited before it gets a chance to roll and THEN, is edited to almost resemble the original premise.....WHAT IS FUCKING GOING ON ROUND HERE NOW A DAYS ?!

#likeNorthKorea

Hey! I'm not *that* short.

Despite satisfying most Arsenal fans with the purchases of Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud last summer, supporters are again demanding that Arsène Wenger gets the chequebook out in January after a run of four matches without a win revealed deficiencies in the squad. And contrary to the common perception that Arsenal can’t compete in the transfer market, the Mirror’s John Cross reveals that Wenger has significant money at his disposal.
“It’s an absolute myth, and it’s time this myth was exploded,” he begins. “Arsenal have got money to spend. Arsène Wenger has the final say on contracts. And it’s Wenger’s final say on whether he does business or not. Believe you me, he has serious money. If they found the right player in January that could get them into the top four, but it would cost them £15m or £20m, I promise you that Wenger could go out and buy that player.”
But as John points out, it’s not just Wenger’s reluctance to splash out that has frustrated supporters, it’s the fact that when he does spend, it isn’t always wisely. “I’m one of Wenger’s biggest fans and biggest defenders but let’s be honest here, he’s signed some poor players just recently on some very big contracts. Look at André Santos, for example, look at Gervinho, possibly one of the worst technical players I’ve ever seen in Wenger’s reign. [Plus Marouane Chamakh, on a huge contract.”
And John feels it’s imperative that Wenger strengthens his squad next month. “Arsène Wenger has got money to spend. He’s got more money to spend than he chooses to, that’s his decision. Come January, the fans want to see the chequebook out and he needs to realise that this squad needs strengthening.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom