• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Transfer Window

Empire of the Kop reporting :

As reported by Luis Fregossi on X (translated): ‘LFC began formal talks with FC Porto via Alan Varela. The Reds are the team that is closest to hiring the former Boca midfielder. Boca will receive 20% of the sale that will surely take place in June.’

The Argentine reporter is clearly seeing strong links between the defensive midfielder and a move to Merseyside, something of personal interest to the journalist given the player’s nationality.

The Firm wannabe, Indykaila, had a tweet the other day saying that Amorim was demanding a strong DM before he would sign up as manager, so getting one from the Portuguese league joins all the dots ...

Empire of the Kop reporting :

As reported by Luis Fregossi on X (translated): ‘LFC began formal talks with FC Porto via Alan Varela. The Reds are the team that is closest to hiring the former Boca midfielder. Boca will receive 20% of the sale that will surely take place in June.’

The Argentine reporter is clearly seeing strong links between the defensive midfielder and a move to Merseyside, something of personal interest to the journalist given the player’s nationality.

Would be slightly miffed that we watched Porto buy himf or £8m after monitoring him, but that's the Liverpool way I guess.

He's just what we need. The next Palhinha.

The Firm wannabe, Indykaila, had a tweet the other day saying that Amorim was demanding a strong DM before he would sign up as manager, so getting one from the Portuguese league joins all the dots ...
No offence, Indykail is talking out his arse.

I'm not gonna sign until you sign a DM?
Lol.

No offence, Indykail is talking out his arse.

I'm not gonna sign until you sign a DM?
Lol.
That is 100% logical. However if Amorim has agreed to join it would also be logical that he's recommended some players he'd like to see us sign and obviously players in the Portuguese league would be high on that list.

That is 100% logical. However if Amorim has agreed to join it would also be logical that he's recommended some players he'd like to see us sign and obviously players in the Portuguese league would be high on that list.

And he'd be told the now infamous story...

Klopp wanted Reus
Klopp wanted Brandt.

Edwards said no, and brought in the Egyptian King.

In our Lord and saviour Michael Edwards we trust.

Do not doubt the analytics.

Liverpool will be in the mix to sign Levi Colwill if Chelsea decide to sell this summer.
Neil Jones

Less of a need for a LCB if we hire a manager playing 4 at the back. I think forward line and back-up LB will be the priority.

Not sure about the LB - might be a chance for one of the youngsters to step up - Chambers or Beck.

CB - and let’s be honest, we could promote the kids in all other positions.

Depends on outgoings, I guess and the style/system the new manager wants to play.

Crystal Palace put £60m price tags on Olise and Eze
Michael Olise, left, and Eberechi Eze for Crystal Palace
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
Michael Olise, left, and Eberechi Eze, right, have only started six Premier League games together this season

Alex Howell
BBC Sport football news reporter
Published
5 hours ago
Crystal Palace will only entertain offers for star forwards Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise that start at £60m or more for each player.

The Eagles are safe from relegation having secured a club-record 12th season of Premier League football, and financially do not need to sell either player.

However, given some of the praise for 25-year-old Eze in particular in recent weeks and the form of Olise, 22, they accept that bids are highly likely to come this summer.

And Palace feel that £60m per player is the starting price for interested teams if they want to enter negotiations.

Both Olise and Eze signed long-term deals this season so Palace are in a strong negotiating position.

Neither contract contains a straightforward release clause and any deal will be complex with percentages due to the players' former clubs, the players themselves and Crystal Palace.

Last summer Eze was the subject of interest from Manchester City but the champions signed Wolves' Matheus Nunes instead, while Chelsea unsuccessfully attempted to sign Olise for a fee in the region of £35m, thinking they had activated his release clause.

The players are happy at Palace and are keen to make sure that any potential move is one that benefits them, with a particular focus on picking a team that will allow them to show their ability on the ball and demonstrate their attacking flair.

Match of the Day pundit Danny Murphy said Eze was "on a different planet" in their 5-2 win over West Ham on Sunday, adding: "He is a Champions League player - I'm sorry, Palace fans. He will not be there next season. This is an unbelievable talent.

"There are going to be so many clubs after him because he can do the lot. A wonderful, wonderful player."

There is a noticeable difference in the way Crystal Palace play when neither Olise or Eze are in the side and the pair have started just six Premier League games together.

They have scored or assisted 13 of the 14 goals in those six games.

Olise and Eze are two of the success stories Palace have signed from the Championship under sporting director Dougie Freedman.

In addition to Olise and Eze, they have also signed Marc Guehi after his spell at Swansea (on loan from Chelsea) and most recently Adam Wharton.

Wharton has already impressed many inside Selhurst Park since his £18m move from Blackburn and he has also caught the eye of other teams in the Premier League.

Wharton’s passing has shone playing in the centre of midfield and his vision has allowed Eze and Olise to get on the ball in dangerous areas.

Another player who could be the subject of transfer bids this summer is England international Guehi.

The 23-year-old has been excellent for the Eagles since signing in 2021 and has gone on to establish himself in the England set-up.

The defender has a good chance of making Gareth Southgate’s squad this summer for the Euros and is entering the last two years of his contract.

I like Eze but £60m? Nah, not unless they'd accept Jones + 30m.

Rather put that towards someone world class like Musiala or Wirtz, or someone who's a little more polished like Cunha.

Saudi Pro League transfer strategy to change which could affect any potential Salah move​

The Saudi Pro League’s (SPL) transfer strategy is set to change this summer with a focus on acquiring younger players after £784m was spent on stars last year.
Signing players who are coming to the end of their careers is no longer seen as sustainable with the SPL not wanting to be seen as a retirement home for ageing footballers.
If Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah wants to play in Saudi Arabia at some stage in his career, then the longer he leaves it, the less likely it is that any SPL club will pay a big fee for him.

People need to make their peace with Salah leaving on a free attend of next season.

OK, now that the decision on the manager has been made, it’s time to switch focus to recruiting players.

I think we will buy at least 2 wingers/wing-forwards. In one of the pieces I read it mentioned how Slot’s attacking structure is designed to get the ball to the wingers isolated against a defender as often as possible - and therefore he needs lots of strong, energetic wingers to rotate. Even if Salah stays, he is evolving into something other than a winger, more like a floating 2nd striker/#10 type. Slot needs wingers who will regularly blow by their full-back and deliver a cut-back from the touch line, they need superior athleticism and explosive speed - only Diaz among the current squad likely fits the bill. In other words, Edwards’ next task is to find a new Mane - and perhaps more than one. In weeks ahead I expect to see a lot of links with the likes of Bakayoko, Summerville, maybe even Leao.

Other big priority I think will be a new starting left full-back. The days of Robbo as an undisputed starter bombing up and down the wing for 90 minutes every 3-4 days are surely gone. His return from injury has added much-needed energy in some games, but I also believe his tendency to be caught pressing high and not having the legs to get back was one of the factors in our shambolic defending, even if he wasn’t singled out as much as Szobo and Salah. Not everyone agrees with me, but I think LB is a priority and should have been addressed last summer.

A 3rd priority would be a centre-back. Gianluca Di Marzio says we’re strongly pursuing Willian Pancho from Eintracht, he’s a 22 year old left-footed CB from Equador who previously played in Belgium. Someone like him, Diomande from Sporting or - if we can pull it off - Leny Yoro would be a much needed addition to our ranks.

Beyond those 3 positions, I don’t see a lot of need to buy players. We have lots of midfielders (too many, really), lots of young players returning from loan or a long-term injury like Bajcetic and I think Nunez, Jota and Gakpo will all stay and will mostly play in the middle. A decision will need to be made on Kelleher and on Alli’s back-up if Kelleher leaves.

Last edited:
Crysencio Summerville:

1. goal scoring winger with pl experience

2. Young

3. Dutch

4. born in ROTTERDAM, played for Feyenoord

Media is going to go crazy with the Summerville to Liverpool stories. It's the Summer of Summerville.

He is good, but his body build seems a bit slight; not too many skinny, lightweight wingers succeed at top level.

Last edited:
Crysencio Summerville:

1. goal scoring winger with pl experience

2. Young

3. Dutch

4. born in ROTTERDAM, played for Feyenoord

Media is going to go crazy with the Summerville to Liverpool stories. It's the Summer of Summerville.
2+2 =?
Barcelona are looking to strengthen their attacking options with Liverpool and Colombia striker Luis Diaz, 27, being one of their targets, while the Reds are "losing patience" with his performances. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

OK, now that the decision on the manager has been made, it’s time to switch focus to recruiting players.

I think we will buy at least 2 wingers/wing-forwards. In one of the pieces I read it mentioned how Slot’s attacking structure is designed to get the ball to the wingers isolated against a defender as often as possible - and therefore he needs lots of strong, energetic wingers to rotate. Even if Salah stays, he is evolving into something other than a winger, more like a floating 2nd striker/#10 type. Slot needs wingers who will regularly blow by their full-back and deliver a cut-back from the touch line, they need superior athleticism and explosive speed - only Diaz among the current squad likely fits the bill. In other words, Edwards’ next task is to find a new Mane - and perhaps more than one. In weeks ahead I expect to see a lot of links with the likes of Bakayoko, Summerville, maybe even Leao.

Other big priority I think will be a new starting left full-back. The days of Robbo as an undisputed starter bombing up and down the wing for 90 minutes every 3-4 days are surely gone. His return from injury has added much-needed energy in some games, but I also believe his tendency to be caught pressing high and not having the legs to get back was one of the factors in our shambolic defending, even if he wasn’t singled out as much as Szobo and Salah. Not everyone agrees with me, but I think LB is a priority and should have been addressed last summer.

A 3rd priority would be a centre-back. Gianluca Di Marzio says we’re strongly pursuing Willian Pancho from Eintracht, he’s a 22 year old left-footed CB from Equador who previously played in Belgium. Someone like him, Diomande from Sporting or - if we can pull it off - Leny Yoro would be a much needed addition to our ranks.

Beyond those 3 positions, I don’t see a lot of need to buy players. We have lots of midfielders (too many, really), lots of young players returning from loan or a long-term injury like Bajcetic and I think Nunez, Jota and Gakpo will all stay and will mostly play in the middle. A decision will need to be made on Kelleher and on Alli’s back-up if Kelleher leaves.
Mainly agree. As I said in the 'Should they stay or Should they go' thread : new LB, Salah replacement, new DM and a new CB are the four main positions for renewal. I can see Diaz + Nunez on the LW both pacey and strong with different skill sets. I'm not at all sure we need TWO new wingers.

Saudi Pro League transfer strategy to change which could affect any potential Salah move​

The Saudi Pro League’s (SPL) transfer strategy is set to change this summer with a focus on acquiring younger players after £784m was spent on stars last year.
Signing players who are coming to the end of their careers is no longer seen as sustainable with the SPL not wanting to be seen as a retirement home for ageing footballers.
If Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah wants to play in Saudi Arabia at some stage in his career, then the longer he leaves it, the less likely it is that any SPL club will pay a big fee for him.
Disagree with this. No matter his age Salah would be ... by FAR ... their biggest signing with him being both muslim and Arabic and THE icon of the muslim footballing world.

Back
Top Bottom