• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Transfer Window

No way it matters - he’s out of contract, so he can go or not go wherever he chooses with the amount of fucks given by us resembling the points score of a 70’s Norwegian Eurovision scorecard.

You can gauge the mood on here by the lack of ma’tip jokes. Joel has been superb for us but i also think he follows Klopp out the door, the new regime is about to implement the footballing version of Logan’s run.

our attackers are not good enough

darwin, no
gakpo, no
salah, spent
diaz, little end product, ok as a wide player
jota, yes, but injury prone

our attackers are not good enough

darwin, no
gakpo, no
salah, spent
diaz, little end product, ok as a wide player
jota, yes, but injury prone
Over reaction from a bad game.
Darwin will hit 20+ goals in the league next season
Gakpo will hot his stride next season and register 15+ goals in the league
Salah has always had dry patches
Agree on the rest.
However, we fucking let in 3 goals, that's where the problem lies. Is that a Klopp issue (high line) or a Personnel Issue?

Last edited:
You can say it’s not a forward problem but how many times in the past might we have been on the end of such a result but the forwards have stuck the ball in the net and the opposition have lost hope.

We scored zero and conceded three, I’d call it a general malaise for whatever reason.

Agree on the rest.
However, we fucking let in 3 goals, that's where the problem lies. Is that a Klopp issue (high line) or a Personnel Issue?
In a way it'll be refreshing when we go back to being a side that wins fuck all and just competes for top 4 every year, no expectations, take a few of these cry babies down a peg or 2. So much easier this way.

Need a DCM. a CB too and another forward.
Still don't think the midfield is good enough for CL and winning the PL especially stopping our back 4 being get at. We are giving too many chances since Jan.

Agree on the rest.

Each unit affects the other.

The tenativeness, indecision and mistakes creep in when the players see the game plan isn't working. And the game plan isn't working because we have a dysfunctional forward line.

There are improvements and tweaks we can make elsewhere in the side, sure. The TAA 'problem' will need solving. A midfield balance (and some kind of first choice) will need striking. And we probably need to figure out what we're doing with that RCB position because Konate, great as he is / can be, can't seem to stay fit.

But we cannot go into another season with a forward line that cannot be relied upon a) to create chances and b) convert.

Darwin / whoever might end the season with respectable stats but we need players that can perform week in / week out, players that can perform when we need them to.

Now, before anyone is dull enough to trot out the "BUT LOOK HAALAND MISSES CHANCES TOO!!?!?!11" line, yeah, it's fine to miss chances, but if the "group" cannot be relied upon to score goals then somethng needs changing.

The fact that none of our forward line has any real untouchable status is very telling.

Jota, very good when he's fit and on form, but the whole fit and on form thing cannot be relied upon.

Salah, a fading force who can still produce moments of magic but is now a bit of a luxury player. Good when the rest of the team is playing well and functional but hard to accommodate when they're not.

Darwin, remains a meme player. Sorry to all his fanboys but nah, he's not looked "it" from day 1 and whilst he has improved, he's still not good enough to be the main man for a club of our aspirations (as they currently stand).

Diaz, think the main problem with him is his inconsistency and decision making. Classic winger in that sense. He doesn't carry the goal threat we're used to / need in the wide positions but if we didn't have guys missing open goals every game elsewhere on the pitch it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Gakpo, I don't mind him, I actually think he's quite a decent player, but I just don't know what a Gakpo is for. The squad? Meh.

We’re fine, nothing a new manager, a new coaching team, 3 new forwards, a couple of new midfielders, a couple of new centre backs, a couple of new wing backs won’t fix in no time.
You're forgetting a new supporters' union trust.

You can say it’s not a forward problem but how many times in the past might we have been on the end of such a result but the forwards have stuck the ball in the net and the opposition have lost hope.

We scored zero and conceded three, I’d call it a general malaise for whatever reason.
I came into this season expecting top 4.... Yeah, its a disappointment, we're out. However, I always thought we were playing too many games. The upside is we now have only 1 comp to focus on, the big one. We are level on points with the Arse and they have the hardest run in.
The defence needs to do its jobs and the attack needs to be more focused. I would drop Dom for CJ or Trent for now and see how we do in MF.

3-0 is a really bad result, but its not season defining, its a freak result, and kick up the backside.

We can help by letting @Dreambeliever take the mantle of starting match threads

We’re fine, nothing a new manager, a new coaching team, 3 new forwards, a couple of new midfielders, a couple of new centre backs, a couple of new wing backs won’t fix in no time.
I have bemoaned FSG's stewardship of LFC . However, they're coincidentally doing everything I asked for. Getting a structure in place. If a player is past his best they will sell him off, which was Klopp's flaw, he was too loyal to players.
We are getting MCO, CEO of Football, and a SD, I am hopeful they'll get the right manager too, and back him. I was meh about Amorim, but the more I read and hear about him, the more I am impressed by.

Last edited:
I have bemoaned FSG's stewardship of LFC . However, they're coincidentally doing everything I asked for. Getting a structure in place. If a player is past his best they will sell him off, which was Klopp's flaw, he was too loyal to players.
We are getting MCO, CEO of Football, and a SD, I am hopeful they'll get the right manager too, and back him. I was meh about Amorim, but the more I read and hear about him, the more I am impressed by.

If you’re happy, then it’s end of days and we’re fucked.

And how many times have we conceded the first goal. Clearly there's an issue in defence. And I'd say it's a bigger one than being the top scorers in Europe.

The tenativeness, indecision and mistakes creep in when the players see the game plan isn't working. And the game plan isn't working because we have a dysfunctional forward line.

But we cannot go into another season with a forward line that cannot be relied upon a) to create chances and b) convert.

... if the "group" cannot be relied upon to score goals then somethng needs changing.
Sometimes I despair. Can our conversion rate be better (and we score even more goals), yes it can. Can our forwards score more - I'm sure they can when other issues within the team are rectified.

However we're just 3 goals behind Arsenal and 1 ahead of City in goals scored in the PL. No one else is close.
125 goals in all competitions is the most of any team in the Top 5 leagues in Europe.
We are the only team in Europe to have 5 forwards in double figures.

Does that sound like a dysfunctional forward line that fails to create chances or take them?

Sometimes I despair. Can our conversion rate be better (and we score even more goals), yes it can. Can our forwards score more - I'm sure they can when other issues within the team are rectified.

However we're just 3 goals behind Arsenal and 1 ahead of City in goals scored in the PL. No one else is close.
125 goals in all competitions is the most of any team in the Top 5 leagues in Europe.

Does that sound like a dysfunctional forward line that fails to create chances or take them?

I've said this before - I don't care what the stats say, they're misleading in our case.

If you think our forward line is peachy, that's cool.

I personally can't wait until we go back to having forwards who are more clinical and take most their chances......when we're only capable of creating like 2-3 chances a game because the rest of their game is limited thus scoring about 60 goals a season. Gonna be great. Nothing for people to moan about then. Can't wait.

Last edited:
If we need 700+ chances to score 125 goals, what's the point?

I'd rather create less, but be more reliable in front of goal

I've said this before - I don't care what the stats say, they're misleading in our case.

If you think our forward line is peachy, that's cool.
Clearly they are not misleading (it's how you like your bread buttered) since a lower conversion rate from more shots equals pretty much the same as a higher conversion rate from fewer shots. As the table shows, we are ahead of City but no one's pointing that finger at them. 70 goals from 31 matches.

But for some that lower conversion rate is a hill to die on.

Better to watch a free chance creating side than a tight boring game, hate to have Jose get us over the line with a 2-0 win when we've created 3-4 chances all game. I'd rather be entertained in a 2-0 win where we've created 8-9 chances. It's football at the end of the day, it's supposed to entertain.

You can create less, be more clinical and still be worst off position/points wise in the table. None of us will really know until we hit that point, but right now everyone stressing over perfection every game right from the keeper to the main forward.

You mean like City? Who have scored one less than us from about 100 shots less? So you prefer fewer goals then.

Agree on the rest.

Darwin cannot be relied upon in a top team. Period.
Salah could perhaps be made into a ten and last another season, but we should cash in.
Gakpo is just ok - squadie.

If you’re happy, then it’s end of days and we’re fucked.
People need to relax, shock results happen. How many shock results did we deliver?
We are very much in the title race and being out of the Europa Cup which let's be honest is only marginally ahead of the League Cup in terms of prestige. this will allow us to focus all out on league.

Last edited:
I would take us scoring 38 goals a season if it meant us winning the fucking league. Every game 1-0.

You don't need dozens of chances to win football games.

Back
Top Bottom