• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

T20 World Cup

Not surprised...many said he can't perform in the shorter format.....what bullshit.

A match winner is a match winner.

Anyway i haven't caught any of the games so far....i'll probably catch the highlights sometime next weekend.

For some reason i don't get as excited about t20 as i get excited about Test cricket. May be it is because i myself was a bowler...in my playing days...

Not surprised...many said he can't perform in the shorter format.....what bullshit.

A match winner is a match winner.

Anyway i haven't caught any of the games so far....i'll probably catch the highlights sometime next weekend.

For some reason i don't get as excited about t20 as i get excited about Test cricket. May be it is because i myself was a bowler...in my playing days...

Class is class. I'm the same, its hard to get excited about it, although it was nice watching the Aussies capitulate yesterday.

Take a bow, Alex Hales.

Nice from Morgan as well.

Nice to see a couple of England players just play their natural games.

Alex Hales was brilliant yesterday and I reckon that knock will put him back on top of the t20 batting rankings. I think he deserves a go in the 50 over side as well as he's been consistently good in the shortest format for a while now.

Morgan was very good too and would like to see them move him up to 3 to give him a bit longer to bat.

Alex Hales was brilliant yesterday and I reckon that knock will put him back on top of the t20 batting rankings. I think he deserves a go in the 50 over side as well as he's been consistently good in the shortest format for a while now.

Morgan was very good too and would like to see them move him up to 3 to give him a bit longer to bat.

Amazing that no IPL side picked him up.

Overall i'm a fan of T20 and i understand what it's all about - showcasing the exciting parts of cricket in catches ,wickets , 4s , 6s etc . But just a little this tournament i've been put off by how sloppy this format is . The kamikaze style obviously leads to mistakes and poor play which puts me off a little , when you watch the highest standard you don't want to see crap play you could down some park .

Amazing that no IPL side picked him up.

Never got that, thought he would have been one of the few English players to get a contract there, hes available for the whole IPL isn't he? has his county got him by the balls or something?

I suspect he will get a contract offer after that knock.

Overall i'm a fan of T20 and i understand what it's all about - showcasing the exciting parts of cricket in catches ,wickets , 4s , 6s etc . But just a little this tournament i've been put off by how sloppy this format is . The kamikaze style obviously leads to mistakes and poor play which puts me off a little , when you watch the highest standard you don't want to see crap play you could down some park .

That sums it up perfectly for me.

England can get on the plane home with their heads held high. They were unlucky to be knocked out - the "defeat" against New Zealand stretched Duckworth-Lewis beyond sensible limits as a way of deciding matches.

Heads held high? you have to be joking, yeah they (the batsman) done better than complete shit that was expected but thats hardly something to be proud of.

Just seen Ashley Giles mug on tv talking that highly irritating meaningless prescripted management bullshit speak that they all have been programmed with, Giles has loser written all over him much like that Aussie coach Tim Neilson did, seriously just look and listen to him.

Congratulations in advance to the Aussies for winning the next Ashes.

Well the Dutch came within a spliff paper of beating South Africa, so they are no pushovers.

Batsmen in T20 have to take huge risks to pile on the runs, so there is a big element of luck in the outcomes. I wouldn't want to criticise England.

Massive LOL!

Not just beaten but thrashed by the Dutch, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse! haha, everything about English Cricket stinks, the whole thing is rotten from the top down.

Thank-you Holland, surely thats that for Giles, those utter cretins in suits surely cannot give this loser the full time job now.

Well the Dutch came within a spliff paper of beating South Africa, so they are no pushovers.

Batsmen in T20 have to take huge risks to pile on the runs, so there is a big element of luck in the outcomes. I wouldn't want to criticise England.

What an utterly pathetic post, probably the most pathetic post i have read on here.

That actually sounds worse than anything Hodgson and Moyes have come out with.

Seriously, you should be ashamed of that apologist bullshit.

Lol, i don't mean any offence to you personally, but fucking hell how think like that?, its Hodgsonesque, Northampton are a formidable team, a famous 0-0 draw away to Utrecht etc...

It's not the same as losing a Test series. Twenty/20 is knockabout stuff. Luck is a major factor.

I put a tenner on the West Indies at the start so I am sticking with the competition. Chris Gayle is a formidable sight when he gets going.

Good call, i expect them to win it again this time, had them down last time to win it, didn't bet though, after watching their players in the IPL over the years they are the strongest nation along with India in this format, loads of good players and most importantly they have a few X factor players like Gayle, Narine and to a lesser extent Pollard, Dwayne Bravo and Samuels are really good players in this format also, any one of those players can win a game on their own and they do quite frequently.

Watching England play any cricket nowadays is annoying but also quite funny sometimes at how utterly shambolic it is and low we can go, when you write stuff defending the indefensible like that i can't help but bite, i did used to have some good things to say but ever since that woeful Ashes tour thats it for me until there are some major changes, new faces and some positivity in the cricket the team plays.

What has actually changed since that utter shambles down under? England have gotton rid of our best batsman, thats it along with Flower slithering off to a cushy well paid job to wreck our younger cricketers just like he did when they were given a chance under him in the test team.

'Luck is a major factor' stop it with the Moyes talk lol, there was no luck involved today, they were spanked, no excuses.

Back
Top Bottom