• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

T20 World Cup

At least we can laugh at the Aussies - who were bragging they would blow the tournament apart.

Tbf its pub cricket isn't it with a massive amount of luck involved, although why we pick Dernbach and hardly bowled Bopara doesn't make it any easier.

why we pick Dernbach and hardly bowled Bopara doesn't make it any easier.

I completely agree. Bopara's bowling looks innocuous, but he is usually very economical and he can take wickets because batsmen get frustrated that they can't score runs off this pie-chucker. Dernbach on the other hand occasionally has a good day, but usually the batsmen are anticipating his slow balls and his bowling gets twatted to all parts of the ground. It's a big problem because England still see him as the "go-to" bowler for the last overs.

I completely agree. Bopara's bowling looks innocuous, but he is usually very economical and he can take wickets because batsmen get frustrated that they can't score runs off this pie-chucker. Dernbach on the other hand occasionally has a good day, but usually the batsmen are anticipating his slow balls and his bowling gets twatted to all parts of the ground. It's a big problem because England still see him as the "go-to" bowler for the last overs.
Bopara is badly underated and was perfect for the slow pitches bowling his cutters. Possibly he didn't bowl as much because Broad didn't trust Buttler to stand up to him. Madness anyway. Dernbach must never ever put on a England shirt again as far as I'm concerned. If he does please make it a long sleeve one !

Alistair Cook is an absolute pleb, brave and right call my arse, if Cook was brave he would have resigned the captaincy, said it before but his career might well end up being a lot shorter than it should have been after all this.

I cannot believe they expect us to swallow this 'team ethos' 'happy dressing room' spin, since when has that been more important than winning?.

Again it all falls down to narrow minded robotic rigid regime and the appalling man management of individuals, reading what Carberry has recently said about his woeful treatment just confirms it yet again, its all run by a bunch of arseholes, having a winning cricket team isn't a priority with these lot.

Its really frustrating reading about it all, it really needs a complete clear out, fresh mindset and the closed shop face not fitting attitude binned, basically something like what Stuart Lancaster has done to the rugby team.

Can't wait to actually hear what the reasons are about KP that Cook has promised us 'soon', it must be massive because he says we will all understand and agree that it was the right decision.

Alistair Cook is an absolute pleb, brave and right call my arse, if Cook was brave he would have resigned the captaincy, said it before but his career might well end up being a lot shorter than it should have been after all this.

I cannot believe they expect us to swallow this 'team ethos' 'happy dressing room' spin, since when has that been more important than winning?.

Again it all falls down to narrow minded robotic rigid regime and the appalling man management of individuals, reading what Carberry has recently said about his woeful treatment just confirms it yet again, its all run by a bunch of arseholes, having a winning cricket team isn't a priority with these lot.

Its really frustrating reading about it all, it really needs a complete clear out, fresh mindset and the closed shop face not fitting attitude binned, basically something like what Stuart Lancaster has done to the rugby team.

Can't wait to actually hear what the reasons are about KP that Cook has promised us 'soon', it must be massive because he says we will all understand and agree that it was the right decision.

No doubt some of what you say there is true - I hope they go for Peter Moores as although he has done the job before I think he would be much better than Ashley Giles and will not have Pietersen undermining him this time around.

As for the Cook / Pietersen spat - there is no smoke without fire, the gagging agreement was initiated by the Petersen camp, the bloke is an absolute cock. Everything is about himself, look at his statements about signing for Surrey " I love this team, I'm going to help get them back into div 1, I'm going to be a mentor for the younger players etc etc" as he fucks off to the IPL and as soon as he comes back fucks off to the carribean 20-20 tournament. So he might give them 2 weeks of his valuable time unless he is "overplayed and needs a rest"
Although he used to be a great player and no doubt has the odd good innings left in him he is a bellend of the highest order and a Chelsea fan so fuck him!

Always used to enjoy the old cricket and had a lot of time for it, even when the Aussies used to trash us every series, at least we used to try even though is was nearly always a losing battle like it was for everyone else against their might, after seeing an England team and their cowardly inept captain bend over and actually surrender this winter and the fall out after i just can't get wish them well anymore, not till theres big change in it all.

I get you with KP and can understand why you have that view, for me i don't care if hes the biggest cockhead on the planet, the thing that really matters amongst all the bullshit is that he is a damn fine batsman and the England team has a better chance of winning matches with him in it and that should be what really matters, not the memorised scripted dog puke that Cook repeatedly churns out in every single nails down a blackboard interview, lol.

Loads of other fans think Sturridge is a massive cock, imagine if he upset a few along the way and got told he will never play for England again, that would be the worst solution to come to and utterly shite for fans who want to see the best wearing the shirt, Tommy Smith and Emlyn Hughes used to hate each others guts and look what they achieved despite that, no doubt thanks to Paisley and co's management, theres endless examples of people not getting on with team mates or special players like KP and even our own Suarez causing grief but you manage them and the situation thats what other people are very well paid for, the suits and coaches around the England team are whats really to blame for it all, they were happy to take the plaudits when it was going well, now look at them, they are hiding and in KP found an easy scapegoat and the big blame deflector for it all.

Where is the review of what went wrong this winter? surely there must be something? when are we going to hear the real reasons for that shamful surrender? wheres the accountability? its a fucking joke, it really is.

Must stop rambling about the cricket on here, sometimes you need somewhere to vent though.

Good win for India, predictable though just like them beating SL in the final, SL have a nasty losing habit in finals.

Pity it wasn't the Windies tbh, would have been a cracker that one, can't help but think India will canter to a fairly straight forward win in this now.

Where is the review of what went wrong this winter? surely there must be something? when are we going to hear the real reasons for that shamful surrender? wheres the accountability? its a fucking joke, it really is.

Must stop rambling about the cricket on here, sometimes you need somewhere to vent though.[/quote]

Ramble away, its great to talk about cricket ! On the above though I think describing Cook as a coward - when he 1 was the main man in getting KP reinstated after textgate and 2 had the balls to sack him with the inevitable press backlash is a bit ott. Imho it shows a much needed ruthless and single minded streak when it would be much easier to roll along with the status quo. I'm not falling for the KP pr bollocks either. Setting everything aside and ignoring past misdemeaners KP, whilst still a good batsman, is on the wane, permanently injured with his knee problems, and probably only has a season or two left in him for the 4 or 5 day game. Cook has only forwarded the inevitable by a season or so.
I would love to send KP and his bestie Piers Morgan on tour as roomates - only one of them would survive! Comparing footballers who only see each other for a few hours 5 or 6 times a week which lets face it is no different from what most people face at work is a bit different to spending 3 months with someone in a foreign country away from your home and family where the niggles of working relationships are not so easily swept under the carpet or repressed.

I agree the ECB as usual handled this badly but the reason we don't know more is due to a gagging order KP inserted into his severance agreement, now why would someone so hard done by do that?

Good win for India, predictable though just like them beating SL in the final, SL have a nasty losing habit in finals.

Pity it wasn't the Windies tbh, would have been a cracker that one, can't help but think India will canter to a fairly straight forward win in this now.

Really hope SL do India in the final but I agree, India have too much firepower unfortunately.

Must stop rambling about the cricket on here, sometimes you need somewhere to vent though.

Ramble away, its great to talk about cricket ! On the above though I think describing Cook as a coward - when he 1 was the main man in getting KP reinstated after textgate and 2 had the balls to sack him with the inevitable press backlash is a bit ott. Imho it shows a much needed ruthless and single minded streak when it would be much easier to roll along with the status quo. I'm not falling for the KP pr bollocks either. Setting everything aside and ignoring past misdemeaners KP, whilst still a good batsman, is on the wane, permanently injured with his knee problems, and probably only has a season or two left in him for the 4 or 5 day game. Cook has only forwarded the inevitable by a season or so.
I would love to send KP and his bestie Piers Morgan on tour as roomates - only one of them would survive! Comparing footballers who only see each other for a few hours 5 or 6 times a week which lets face it is no different from what most people face at work is a bit different to spending 3 months with someone in a foreign country away from your home and family where the niggles of working relationships are not so easily swept under the carpet or repressed.

I agree the ECB as usual handled this badly but the reason we don't know more is due to a gagging order KP inserted into his severance agreement, now why would someone so hard done by do that?[/quote]

I get you and do agree on a fair bit of it.

The whole thing just peeves me off, i can't wait to find out what KP is supposed to of done because a fair few players have come out and said he was fine, even Swann and Anderson who are not supposed to get on with him, i suspect it will be a culmination of little things adding up.

Maybe something to do with Piers Morgan also, that is piss poor judgement getting involved with a cretin like him.

Back
Top Bottom