• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The 2009 Andy Murray - Praise and Abuse Thread

Anglo-Saxon? I'm from Northern Ireland you stupid prick.
Lol.
I love people with an agenda. They make me snigger hard looking at their 'not me sir' protestations of rationale and level headedness. Completely at odds with their loony rantings.
You anglo saxon fucker.

To say he was 'lucky' is utter shit. If you can't see he's become a much improved player in the last year then there is no point talking to you.

He took Djok at the height of his powers to an epic 5 set game in the Oz open 10 months ago. Now he's went that extra mile, and beaten him, fairly and squarely. He's got a great record against the other top 3 players in all tournaments other than the slams. Now he knows what it takes in those tournaments we'll see what happens eh?

I was watching it with American commentary at first and they were quite balanced. I turned over to al Jazeera after a bit and I couldn't understand what they were saying, I think it was all in Scottish

To say he was 'lucky' is utter shit. If you can't see he's become a much improved player in the last year then there is no point talking to you.

He took Djok at the height of his powers to an epic 5 set game in the Oz open 10 months ago. Now he's went that extra mile, and beaten him, fairly and squarely. He's got a great record against the other top 3 players in all tournaments other than the slams. Now he knows what it takes in those tournaments we'll see what happens eh?
To dismiss the contributory factors against Djokovic is probably utter shit too.
The last point is spot on though and will define his status in the game within the next 3-5 years.
Time will tell but grand slam victories will be ultimately what he will be judged on when his career is over and he has a long way to go.

To dismiss the contributory factors against Djokovic is probably utter shit too.
The last point is spot on though and will define his status in the game within the next 3-5 years.
Time will tell but grand slam victories will be ultimately what he will be judged on when his career is over and he has a long way to go.
Im sure he'll be quite happy with 'First british grand slam winner in 76 years, Olympic champion, US open champion and 5 time grand slam finalist' to sit alongside the 50m quid he has in the bank.
More than happy.
If he had never won a major he is an also ran. Yesterday was massive for him, but then so was the Gold.

Im not sure he will win more simply because Nadal, Federer and Djokovic are all better tennis players so he may well end his whole career with just these two top titles.
I dont think that would be a dissappointment in this era.

Yep all fair points,but if he wants the legend status which I think he craves he will need to win at least 4 more slams.
It's gone well past the stage where money is an issue for him anymore.

Yep all fair points,but if he wants the legend status which I think he craves he will need to win at least 4 more slams.
It's gone well past the stage where money is an issue for him anymore.
I honestly dont think hes the kind who cares about status. Hes always ploughed his own furrow.
I think he doubted himself that he would ever achieve these rewards. I dont think he would be fussed if he retired tomorrow.

I can't believe someone remembers Brugera! Now that's saying something.

Murray is a solid solid player. Leo raises a valid point - he needs to win a bit more to take his 'name' to the next level. Can he do it? Time will tell, but he has improved a lot of the last year or so and with Federer on the decline (not saying much it seems!), the chances will be there.

I honestly dont think hes the kind who cares about status. Hes always ploughed his own furrow.
I think he doubted himself that he would ever achieve these rewards. I dont think he would be fussed if he retired tomorrow.
Maybe so but as Ltw says that with Federer in decline and Nadal's knees playing up it could become a shootout between Murray,Novak and Del Potro for the next 12 months.
Either way to reach world number 1 will become the next target for him I reckon once the dust settles.
That's if he has the same ambitions as his coach Lendl.

fair fucks to him , wimbledon final, winning olympic gold and then winning his first Grand Slam all in space of a few months . But i still can't stand the fucker , with his bland personality , boring posh missus and crap annoying Ma.

Tennis is a great sport but generally full of boring fuckers with little personality .

Am i seeing things here - people don't like Murray because he's not Mr cool and charming...like seriously? he's a fucking tennis player nothing more and nothing less.
Why is it people can't just admire his talents on the court without having a pop at his personality? which really they know fuck all about unless they know the guy personally.

I've always loved his style of play, he makes seemingly impossible shots on such a regular basis non tennis fans don't realise how difficult they are.

Only 3/4 other current players in the world make those shots regularly.

Personality wise, I doubt I'd be his mate if I knew him, but so many of the things he says are meant to be jokes but are completely misconstrued by people who hold him wearing that shirt against him.

He's Scottish, it was funny,I bet most scots laughed. You can be Scottish & play for Britain, & want England to lose. It seems in these days of pr trained sportsmen real opinions aren't allowed.

Great post, totally agree.

Because Leo reckons if you think Andy Murray is a top player, and if you think he hasn't got an American accent you're some sort of fucking union jack waving Last Night of the Proms mutha, fucked up on a diet of ecstasy and the Daily Mail.

Pretty much yeah!
I'm sure a few kneecaps have been put out of place since Monday with all the bandwagon jumping.

Who is the fuckers that implied Marat Saint is not a legend? Well whoever it is..... FUCK YOU.

Oh... We'll done Andy, i didn't think he had it in him.

Back
Top Bottom