• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The 2009 Andy Murray - Praise and Abuse Thread

I have to say, I've been very wrong about Murray. He is the real deal and he will be No1 and he will win numerous grand slams. He's still a cunt mind.

Ermm no he won't.

As long as Roger's in the game, he won't win a slam.

Nadal's injuries are catching up with him and his game's waning, like many have foreseen, because when you take away his finesse and power, he ain't got anything special in his artillery...but he's still a winner and he's only had injuries after the Australian Open win so it's still too early to say if he's a spent force. Plus he's also still very young and have lots of time to regain the No. 1 slot.

Del Potro will continue to remain a nuisance for everyone.

So will Djokovic...although he's a bit erratic and inconsistent.

Then there's the resurgent Roddick whom I think will surprise a lot of people this year.

And lest not forget, Murray's only where he is simply because Nadal has had an injury-stricken season thus far. Actually, we can include Roger in there too. Roger's last 2 slams, albeit highly commendable, come at the expense of an unfit Nadal not being able to push him to the limits.

Yeah Murray has beaten Roger 4 times on hard court but can he do it in a Slam ?

He was beaten easily by Roger in last year's US Open.

After Murray had beaten Nadal in an epic semi and drained himself...the same Nadal who was then at the height of his powers, and beating Fed time and again.

Djokovic is dressed like a swarve international superstar tennis player, whereas Murray looks every inch the Scottish small town urchin.

He tennis may have style, but he doesn't.

Staying up late alone to watch two men grunt louder & louder just feels wrong.

At least without a woman on screen being violated in some way.

You probably wont have to stay up much later by the looks of it :( Djokovic will destroy Murray in the final set.

This will be a hammer blow for Murray if he loses it like this. Have to wonder if he'll ever win a Grandslam.

So Murray up a break in the final set .

Come on Djokovic !

3-2 now in the final set, fuckity fuck this is nail-biting stuff and i'm not even a dedicated tennis fan.

damn , he's going to win ...that's another open top bus parade they're going to have to organise

John Lloyd, former British number one on 5 live at Flushing Meadows
"Physically Murray has been better. The pyschological aspect of losing the third and fourth set makes this a fantastic performance and, if he does this, it is one of the greatest sporting achievements of all time. There have been all these barriers and he's got over them all."

hmmm ....guess i should apologise to Andy then .

It was a tough, tough match and Andy Murray deserves huge credit for winning the US Open. I was just a bit disappointed that Sir Alex Ferguson had popped up in Murray's camp.

Raised in Scotland but moved to a training camp in Spain at 15 with an American accent.
Yeah go Great Britain!

Back
Top Bottom