• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The 6 Nations

Been to 3 Leicester tigers matches, all of them were absolutely chocka.

Even a fucking Anglo wales cup match against Sale on Halloween was packed.

I think it's fair to say as a sport, it's catching up Football, slowly but surely in the UK

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=31054.msg801933#msg801933 date=1234217798]
Been to 3 Leicester tigers matches, all of them were absolutely chocka.

Even a fucking Anglo wales cup match against Sale on Halloween was packed.

I think it's fair to say as a sport, it's catching up Football, slowly but surely in the UK
[/quote]

I think Leicester have just opened a new stand as well haven't they?

I don't think it will ever catch up with football TBH, but its clearly getting much more popular with the public. The crowds for some of the HC games this season are bigger than a lot of the premiership matches.

Apparently the ELV's has resulted in smaller and smaller crowds going to Super 14 matches, so maybe the IRB needs to consider carefully whether or not to bring in them in properly.

I'd keep a couple of them personally, but allowing the collapse of a maul is so stupid it beggars belief.

Think I read that they are planning on using the Walkers stadium for Heineken cup games or something?

If they can get that up to capacity there'll be 30,000 odd in the place? Welford road holds the best part of 20,000 too.

Yeah, it'll never catch up with Football, though. And im not sure using the Tigers or Sale or whoever is a fair indication for the sport as a whole in the uk.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=31054.msg801930#msg801930 date=1234217349]
I've no fucking issue with you, I barely even fucking notice you on this site you're that much of an anonymity to me. You on the other hand have trawled after me with half-arsed digs, sly remarks, and petty points for months now. It's just about your only contribution too. I could pick out a handful of these shitty little efforts of yours from the last week alone. Yet you get zip from me.

So, tell me Vantage. Tell me, and the other posters who've picked up on this rather bizarre stalking trait of yours, what really is your fucking issue?
[/quote]

I'll make no secret that your return pissed me off. Before that you were one of the most arrogant, self opinionated posters that I had ever come across. And all of this when you were s'posed to be a site owner as well. It is a shame, cos when you get your head out of your arse you can talk some sense. But those moments of clarity are rare and are ruined by your delight in 'tearing a new one' for some unsuspecting soul.

There is only one point of view. Yours. Everyone else is wrong. Forgive me for saying so but I don't think I'm the only one that has noticed. Yet I'm the only you have a go at for sly digs. I may not be as popular as you, your return for some on here was like the second coming, but I'll not bullshit my way around this.

I don't like you. You don't like me. I can live with that. I hope you can. :-*

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=31054.msg801944#msg801944 date=1234218391]
Think I read that they are planning on using the Walkers stadium for Heineken cup games or something?

If they can get that up to capacity there'll be 30,000 odd in the place? Welford road holds the best part of 20,000 too.

Yeah, it'll never catch up with Football, though. And im not sure using the Tigers or Sale or whoever is a fair indication for the sport as a whole in the uk.
[/quote]

Yeah they have switched to using the local football ground when they know they can sell more tickets, but so have a whole host of teams.

It seem that all of the leading club sides in Ireland, Wales and England are getting bigger crowds though (i think anyway). At least 12 of them have either moved to other grounds or built much larger stands in the last 2 years or so, in order to accommodate the ticket demand.

[quote author=vantage link=topic=31054.msg801945#msg801945 date=1234218396]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=31054.msg801930#msg801930 date=1234217349]
I've no fucking issue with you, I barely even fucking notice you on this site you're that much of an anonymity to me. You on the other hand have trawled after me with half-arsed digs, sly remarks, and petty points for months now. It's just about your only contribution too. I could pick out a handful of these shitty little efforts of yours from the last week alone. Yet you get zip from me.

So, tell me Vantage. Tell me, and the other posters who've picked up on this rather bizarre stalking trait of yours, what really is your fucking issue?
[/quote]

I'll make no secret that your return pissed me off. Before that you were one of the most arrogant, self opinionated posters that I had ever come across. And all of this when you were s'posed to be a site owner as well. It is a shame, cos when you get your head out of your arse you can talk some sense. But those moments of clarity are rare and are ruined by your delight in 'tearing a new one' for some unsuspecting soul.

There is only one point of view. Yours. Everyone else is wrong. Forgive me for saying so but I don't think I'm the only one that has noticed. Yet I'm the only you have a go at for sly digs. I may not be as popular as you, your return for some on here was like the second coming, but I'll not bullshit my way around this.

I don't like you. You don't like me. I can live with that. I hope you can. :-*

[/quote]

I think you'd like it if I didn't like you Vantage, I think you'd like it if I cared enough to proffer a dig, an offensive remark, or a stinging reply to your ongoing pettiness, but truth is - I'm completely ambivalent. I've mentioned it several times, and I'll do so again - I have no issue with you whatsoever.

I'm loathe to get into a 'what do I offer to this site' debate with you, cos everyone has their opinion. I will though take exception to your 'tearing a new one for some unsuspecting soul' comment. If you could point out an occassion where I've crossed that line in the last 6 months I'd be happy to address it.

So basically you're left with what I used to be like ("behaviour of a site mod etc etc...") and the perception of others upon my return as your remaining gripes. Well, Vantage I'm no longer a Moderator, the joys and pains that come with that particular role are in the hands of others, and I'm not accountable for whatever positivity there was from some members when I returned, so if you've an issue with that - take it up with them.

I've stayed out of your way amidst continual goading and remarks, and I've no interest in getting into a slanging match with you over this either. In the interests of moving forward, I suggest you stay completely out of my way, and I'll continue to treat you exactly as I have done over the last 6 months.

No harm Vanatge, but grow the fuck up. Everyone gets on someones nerves on here at some stage, but no need to spit your dummy out.

Like you Ryan, I couldn't care less.

I notice that you haven't picked anyone else up for their remarks about you, just me.

Let it go.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=31054.msg800904#msg800904 date=1234121474]
Well, I was referring specifically to the back line, but since you ask (assuming everyone fit and in form, and adopting your order):

Jenkins
Flannery
Hayes
A W Jones
O'Connell
Best (unbelievably underrated by the Irish selectors)
Williams
Powell
Phillips
Hook (never been convinced about O'Gara)
Williams
BOD
D'Arcy
Murphy
Byrne

[/quote]

So you've picked a Tighthead Prop who can't scrummage legally, an outside-half who is incapable of controlling a game at test level and two number 5's.
How do you see O'Connell and AWJ working together - who would switch to 4?
Don't get me started on Murphy on the wing...

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=31054.msg802116#msg802116 date=1234259373]
O'Connell can jump at 2
[/quote]

Aye, but would you pack him down on the Loose Head or Tight Head side?

[quote author=bryndaloo link=topic=31054.msg802129#msg802129 date=1234260803]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=31054.msg802116#msg802116 date=1234259373]
O'Connell can jump at 2
[/quote]

Aye, but would you pack him down on the Loose Head or Tight Head side?
[/quote]

It makes little or no difference in my experience. I'd probably keep him on the loose head side though.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=31054.msg802079#msg802079 date=1234255127]
*yawn*

This has to be the most boring feud of all time. Can't one of you liven it up with a few jokes or something?

[/quote]

Two Irish men are walking along Kensington High Street when they see a sign.

suits £15.00
shirts £2.00
trousers £1.50

One said to the other one "Look at that - we could buy a lot of that gear and when we get back to Ireland we could make a fortune,

When we go into the shop don't say anything let me do all the talking cause if they hear our accent they might not serve us so I'll speak in my best English accent."

They go in and he orders,

50 suits at £15.00 and
100 shirts at £2.00 and
50 trousers at £2.50

the owner of the shop says "You're Irish aren't you"

"Oh bollocks..... Yes, how de hell did you know that?",

The owner says, "This is a dry cleaners!!!!!"

[quote author=vantage link=topic=31054.msg802146#msg802146 date=1234261928]
[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=31054.msg802079#msg802079 date=1234255127]
*yawn*

This has to be the most boring feud of all time. Can't one of you liven it up with a few jokes or something?

[/quote]

Two Irish men are walking along Kensington High Street when they see a sign.

suits £15.00
shirts £2.00
trousers £1.50

One said to the other one "Look at that - we could buy a lot of that gear and when we get back to Ireland we could make a fortune,

When we go into the shop don't say anything let me do all the talking cause if they hear our accent they might not serve us so I'll speak in my best English accent."

They go in and he orders,

50 suits at £15.00 and
100 shirts at £2.00 and
50 trousers at £2.50

the owner of the shop says "You're Irish aren't you"

"Oh bollocks..... Yes, how de hell did you know that?",

The owner says, "This is a dry cleaners!!!!!"
[/quote]

racist...

[quote author=bryndaloo link=topic=31054.msg802100#msg802100 date=1234257587]
Well, I was referring specifically to the back line, but since you ask (assuming everyone fit and in form, and adopting your order):

Jenkins
Flannery
Hayes
A W Jones
O'Connell
Williams
Powell
Phillips
Williams
BOD
D'Arcy
Murphy
Byrne

[/quote]

So you've picked a Tighthead Prop who can't scrummage legally, an outside-half who is incapable of controlling a game at test level and two number 5's.
[/quote]

Your compatriot also picked Hayes, whose scrummaging is among the most improved I've seen lately.

Hook is a risk, I admit, but for me he's by some distance the most talented no.10 when the choice is between him, O'Gara and Jones, and I did specify "in form". Ditto for Geordan Murphy, and I'm not a fan of putting players like him in the no.15 shirt instead of on the wing.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=31054.msg802291#msg802291 date=1234274454]
I hate myself for saying this, but I'd love the English to do you Welsh gits.
[/quote]

Behave Doc!

Once they won the World Cup they were insufferable!

[quote author=bryndaloo link=topic=31054.msg802100#msg802100 date=1234257587]

Jenkins
Flannery
Hayes
A W Jones
O'Connell
Williams
Powell
Phillips
Williams
BOD
D'Arcy
Murphy
Byrne

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very F**king well. Both being fit we'll get to see for ourselves shortly when they play for the B&I Lions.

You coming around to the idea that Powell has displaced R. Jones as 1st choice pick at number 8 yet?

[/quote]

Leave it out Doc. There is still a good chance that England could pick up the wooden spoon this year!

[quote author=vantage link=topic=31054.msg802292#msg802292 date=1234274524]
[/quote]

Behave Doc!

[/quote]

Were they not insufferable before they won the WC as well?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=31054.msg802282#msg802282 date=1234273674]

Your compatriot also picked Hayes, whose scrummaging is among the most improved I've seen lately.

Hook is a risk, I admit, but for me he's by some distance the most talented no.10 when the choice is between him, O'Gara and Jones, and I did specify "in form". Ditto for Geordan Murphy, and I'm not a fan of putting players like him in the no.15 shirt instead of on the wing.
[/quote]

Even in form Hook cannot control a test level game - he struggles at regional level. On form, Jones pisses all over Hook at controlling a game and playing level in general.
As for Hayes, he's technique is illegal in every scrum - if only referees would pick him up on it he would be penalised off the park.

Rafa4PM - I still think that Powell has a long way to go to to convince me he has the all-round game to permanently replace Jones at 8. We're lucky that in Jones (Dafydd on Sunday, Ryan normally) and Nugget we have two backrow players that up their workrate to compensate for Powell disinclination to compete at the breakdown. He's a great linebreaker and kick returner, but if you actually look at his game and not just when he's running with the ball in hand, he's got a long way to go. However, in Gatland and Edwards (and Young at Cardiff) we have the coaches who can help Andy improve this aspect of his game. If, and hopefully when, he makes these changes to his game (I admit that he's already better than he was last season) then I'll be more than happy to applaud him for it. He finally seems to have got his head sorted though which can only be good for Wales and Cardiff.

As for the PO'C / AWJ question I was just wondering who people thought would switch out of position, as there are differences between playing 4 & 5. Not doubting it would a phenomonal partnership should they click...

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=31054.msg802299#msg802299 date=1234275328]
[/quote]

Behave Doc!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, of course the English are insufferable- but they're never going to win the 6 nations whether they beat you or not- (ergo, Ireland win).

Plus- my formative memories of rugby come from my Dad, who detested the Welsh for being far too bloody good (60s-70s).

Plus- I fucking hate (I mean really fucking hate) that Welsh pundit Bennett- he despises the Irish and is always biased against us- he hates the fact that Ireland aren't just picking up the wooden spoon every year like back in the good old days, the sheep-shagging c*nt.

Plus- Welsh refs are ALWAYS bastards to Irish teams (proven fact).

[quote author=bryndaloo link=topic=31054.msg802302#msg802302 date=1234275560]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=31054.msg802282#msg802282 date=1234273674]

[/quote]

Even in form Hook cannot control a test level game - he struggles at regional level. On form, Jones pisses all over Hook at controlling a game and playing level in general.
As for Hayes, he's technique is illegal in every scrum - if only referees would pick him up on it he would be penalised off the park.

Rafa4PM - I still think that Powell has a long way to go to to convince me he has the all-round game to permanently replace Jones at 8. We're lucky that in Jones (Dafydd on Sunday, Ryan normally) and Nugget we have two backrow players that up their workrate to compensate for Powell disinclination to compete at the breakdown. He's a great linebreaker and kick returner, but if you actually look at his game and not just when he's running with the ball in hand, he's got a long way to go. However, in Gatland and Edwards (and Young at Cardiff) we have the coaches who can help Andy improve this aspect of his game. If, and hopefully when, he makes these changes to his game (I admit that he's already better than he was last season) then I'll be more than happy to applaud him for it. He finally seems to have got his head sorted though which can only be good for Wales and Cardiff.

As for the PO'C / AWJ question I was just wondering who people thought would switch out of position, as there are differences between playing 4 & 5. Not doubting it would a phenomonal partnership should they click...

[/quote]

I think you're on your own in that opinion, but time will tell i guess.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=31054.msg802311#msg802311 date=1234276174]
[/quote]

Behave Doc!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, of course the English are insufferable- but they're never going to win the 6 nations whether they beat you or not- (ergo, Ireland win).

Plus- my formative memories of rugby come from my Dad, who detested the Welsh for being far too bloody good (60s-70s).

Plus- I fucking hate (I mean really fucking hate) that Welsh pundit Bennett- he despises the Irish and is always biased against us- he hates the fact that Ireland aren't just picking up the wooden spoon every year like back in the good old days, the sheep-shagging c*nt.

Plus- Welsh refs are ALWAYS bastards to Irish teams (proven fact).

[/quote]

Allthough you've made some good points Doc, it's still just plain wrong for any Irishman, Welshman or a Scotsman to support england at any sport.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=31054.msg802328#msg802328 date=1234277433]
[quote author=bryndaloo link=topic=31054.msg802302#msg802302 date=1234275560]

[/quote]

I think you're on your own in that opinion, but time will tell i guess.
[/quote]

I'm not though. On here maybe, but I'm not too concerned about that as this is primarily a soccer forum and ergo the people that post are primarily soccer fans.

[/quote]

Behave Doc!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll admit there was a degree of jingoism flying around when we won it, but a LOT of that was a reaction to the sniping from the Aussies and you Celts, who would call us "insufferable" whatever happened.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=31054.msg802359#msg802359 date=1234281186]
[/quote]

Behave Doc!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll admit there was a degree of jingoism flying around when we won it, but a LOT of that was a reaction to the sniping from the Aussies and you Celts, who would call us "insufferable" whatever happened.
[/quote]

Ha. Like the Welsh or Irish wouldn't be jingoistic and smug if they won the World Cup...

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=31054.msg802370#msg802370 date=1234281661]

Ha. Like the Welsh or Irish wouldn't be jingoistic and smug if they won the World Cup...

[/quote]

The Welsh certainly would be. A fair number of our fans become insufferable cunts when we're doing well...

Back
Top Bottom