• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Gini is out of the bottle (he's shit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At home, check
Playing a good side, check
Already on top, check.

He was very good today but you could have put your house on it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

He can look very good when we're winning. If he does that away at citeh in a fortnight then fair enough.

Again that's exactly how John Barnes moved. I'm getting nostalgic here.

Jesus Christ, one half decent game where he got to showboat coz Can was doing all the hard work and he's getting compared to the world's best ever winger.

Jesus Christ, one half decent game where he got to showboat coz Can was doing all the hard work and he's getting compared to the world's best ever winger.
His style is very similar. I'm not saying that he's anywhere near as good. Chill out.

Check out this video of John Barnes against Nottingham, look at how he moves, shields the ball, dribbles, controls the ball and passes. Wijnaldum's style is like I said very similar. It's only like 5 mins long.

He's a very good player and was excellent today. I get the concern about impact in certain games though, but since the Hoffenheim away game he's been finding some excellent form. Long may it continue.

I think he also does a lot of hard work for the team that goes a bit unnoticed. Ran 11 km today, only Hendo ran more.

I really did not expect this thread to exist after the guy proved his worth last season. I was one of the initial critics - but by the time the Man United game at home last season - it was clear to me that this guy is the midfield linker/heartbeat. Today on the radio they were absolutely creaming themselves about his performance in this game, and I can believe it. He is Mr. Tick Tock - but if I were to compare his talents to players of the past - he reminds me of a player who has the combination of the two Brazillian players from the 1994 squad:-

Zinho
Mauro da Silva

For those of you that remember that 94 squad - let me know if you think he has those qualities - which is to retain the ball in space, and also in tight spaces.

We are looking nifty and both Firmino and Gini are helping rather nicely....

It is true that Gini didn't rock the world in his first two games but...

This thread was perhaps somewhat unfair, wasn't it...

Gini is giving me the similar vibes as Mascherano. Albeit with infinitely more skill.

Big game player, but doesn't always show up against the other team.

If Mascher was guilty of being expendable at home, the opposite is true of Gini. At Anfield he can look sublime. Away from Anfield, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom