• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
For that fee, we can get at least 2 players of high calibre. Seems very doubtful we will be involved in a bidding war for him

Thats too expensive.... wait till he goes out of contract.

We could get Tielemans and Douglas Luiz in and deregister Naby and Adrian to make room. I reckon we can get both for under £25m.

Both players are prem proven, and are better quality than anyone else bar Thiago and Fabs.

Last edited:
Thats too expensive.... wait till he goes out of contract.

We could get Tielemans and Douglas Luiz in and deregister Naby and Adrian to make room. I reckon we can get both for under £25m.

Both players are prem proven, and are better quality than anyone else bar Thiago and Fabs.

They are both not anywhere near the level Jude is at though.
If it’s short term then fine but do we need anymore short term after Melo?

[article]
Liverpool continue to be linked with AC Milan midfielder Ismael Bennacer.

Sportmediaset says Liverpool are 'ready' to offer a €4m a year salary to Bennacer.

The Serie A giants are ready to table the Algeria international a new contract but he's so far 'rejected' their offers.
They go on to say Liverpool are 'willing' to meet his demands in order to bring him to Anfield.

The 24-year-old joined AC Milan in 2019 and is currently under contract until 2024.

He was one of a number of midfield targets linked with Liverpool in the summer.
[/article]

[article]
Liverpool continue to be linked with AC Milan midfielder Ismael Bennacer.

Sportmediaset says Liverpool are 'ready' to offer a €4m a year salary to Bennacer.

The Serie A giants are ready to table the Algeria international a new contract but he's so far 'rejected' their offers.
They go on to say Liverpool are 'willing' to meet his demands in order to bring him to Anfield.

The 24-year-old joined AC Milan in 2019 and is currently under contract until 2024.

He was one of a number of midfield targets linked with Liverpool in the summer.
[/article]
It's crazy is it that no club wanted to like 50 million euros ? He talks as if 50M is small change.

It's crazy is it that no club wanted to like 50 million euros ? He talks as if 50M is small change.

It's in relation to the amount that midfielders went for in the recent transfer windows. For example, in the latest one:

Paqueta €42m
Casemiro €70m
Nunes €45m
Onana £30m
Phillips £42m
Tchouameni €80m
Vitinha €40m

That + the fact that he was signed from Empoli for €16m + €2m and 3 seasons later after being a regular & helping them improve from 6th to 2nd to 1st, available at this price (€55m).

It's in relation to the amount that midfielders went for in the recent transfer windows. For example, in the latest one:

Paqueta €42m
Casemiro €70m
Nunes €45m
Onana £30m
Phillips £42m
Tchouameni €80m
Vitinha €40m

That + the fact that he was signed from Empoli for €16m + €2m and 3 seasons later after being a regular & helping them improve from 6th to 2nd to 1st, available at this price (€55m).
The issue I have with all that is only a club in the top 5 richest clubs can you apply a quote that says "Only 50M"....Wolves broke their own record getting Nunez. 50M is still a lot of money for any player.

Oh most excellent, this will wind up the loons. From BBC gossip this morning:

Liverpool have opened talks with Guinea midfielder Naby Keita over a new contract and are confident of securing an agreement with the the 27-year-old.

Liverpool have opened talks with Guinea midfielder Naby Keita over a new contract and are confident of securing an agreement with the the 27-year-old.

What's the alternative view? explain to me how this is a good thing.

Its too late, the glue factory has first dibs

If true, then we are dickheads !!!!

Question - keep Naby or spend 35m to sign Melo?

i say this with a lot of confusion and regret… it’s keep Naby for me

Question - keep Naby or spend 35m to sign Melo?

i say this with a lot of confusion and regret… it’s keep Naby for me

Is their a third option where we fuck both off and sign Laimer from RB Leipzig for a small fee in Jan or a pre-contract for a free next summer?

Is their a third option where we fuck both off and sign Laimer from RB Leipzig for a small fee in Jan or a pre-contract for a free next summer?
You've changed your tune! I remember giving you a list of 5 players which included Ward-Prowse and Laimer but you said better to wait and stick with Naby.
I'd like us to forget about Jude, he isn't worth £110m especially as we need couple of positions strengthening on.
I would like us to go for Danilo - and in the summer go for Jacob Ramsey. This will never happen as Danilo is not on Klopp's radar.
Though I'd be happy with Laimer, I think both Tielemans and Douglas Luiz's experience put them above Laimer for me. We probably could get all 3 for £30-£40m, it would mean we have to deregister Adrian and Naby. Again not going to happen.

I would like us to go for Danilo

1200px-Dewey_Defeats_Truman.jpg

You've changed your tune! I remember giving you a list of 5 players which included Ward-Prowse and Laimer but you said better to wait and stick with Naby.
I'd like us to forget about Jude, he isn't worth £110m especially as we need couple of positions strengthening on.
I would like us to go for Danilo - and in the summer go for Jacob Ramsey. This will never happen as Danilo is not on Klopp's radar.
Though I'd be happy with Laimer, I think both Tielemans and Douglas Luiz's experience put them above Laimer for me. We probably could get all 3 for £30-£40m, it would mean we have to deregister Adrian and Naby. Again not going to happen.

Sort of - I would have preferred us to cut or losses on Naby in the summer, but we didn’t. I can kind of understand the idea - but it doesn’t work because he keeps getting injured.

Id no idea who Laimer was in the summer, still wouldn’t say I could tell you much about him - other than his key stats are kind of what we need and he’s out of contract next summer - so if we fuck Naby off on a free and sign him on a free - as far as I’m concerned we’ve improved by spending fuck all - which will have John Henry wanking into his sock (a red one, from Boston probably).

I have no ducking idea who Danilo is, and given Klopp seemingly doesn’t have any interest in him, the only way I’m ever likely to hear the name is when you whinge about him.

I’m happy to go back to never hearing of him.

I still think Ward-Prowsecwoukd be a pointless signing, and blah blah to the other two.

Again - I think we’ll sign someone in January a La Diaz and we’ll go for a “big”
midfield signing next summer - and that will “probably” be enough - unless we can pick up someone like Laimer on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom