• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to Dortmund for spending that on a 16 year old, they clearly saw the talent and potential no one else did...or at least not enough to stump up that kind of money on a 16 year old.
Plenty here saw the talent, I remember people here talking about what a special player Jude was going to be. Jude is good but not £130m. Forgetting about Jude for a moment. Come Jan we can pick up 2 MF if we deregister Adrian or Naby.

They want Keita* so give him to them for free. I don't care. Just bring Jude in.

*although it's pretty obvious we paid the media for cheap marketing, but if that's how that new fella Julian Ward operates, i'll be worried....remember Ian Ayre anyone ?

Why would Naby wait for us to give him away
on a free when he can give himself on a free in Jan?
Not like he’s currently in any danger being available for us anytime soon.

….Come Jan we can pick up 2 MF if we deregister Adrian or Naby.

We can add one overseas & one homegrown player over the age of 21 to the squad, without de-registering anyone.

If anyone’s getting de-registered, it’s Arthur being fucked off back to Juve - unless we sell or loan the others.

We can add one overseas & one homegrown player over the age of 21 to the squad, without de-registering anyone.

If anyone’s getting de-registered, it’s Arthur being fucked off back to Juve - unless we sell or loan the others.
Let's see how he does before writing him off. My fear is not his technical ability but his ability to stay fit.
What home player do you reckon we can get for around £40m, that's normally our winter spend budget.
Not going to lie but big part of me wants us to go for Messi. Commercially he pays for himself - his stats are still brilliant, and he isn't big headed.

Last edited:
Let's see how he does before writing him off. My fear is not his technical ability but his ability to stay fit.
What home player do you reckon we can get for around £40m, that's normally our winter spend budget.
Not going to lie but big part of me wants us to go for Messi. Commercially he pays for himself - his stats are still brilliant, and he isn't big headed.

Messi… what!!!

I was going to say - are you mental… but it’s you, so that answers that.

There aren’t any home grown cheapies - unless you count Tom Davies.

Messi… what!!!

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain will be the next home grown cheapie.

Reactions: jan
Not going to lie but big part of me wants us to go for Messi.
tim.jpg

My goodness. These data scientists are coming up with graphs, dashboards and indicators i've never seen before. I've got a lot of catching up to learn if i wanna make it in my new career.

Messi… what!!!

Its never going to happen and remains in the realms of dreams, but if it did, I would get an LFC Jersey with Messi on the back, and I wouldn't care how ugly Nike continue to make our kit look whilst making PSG's kit iconic

No clue about him other than he is cheap. Not sure he will even get a work permit
[article]Liverpool are weighing up a January move for Egypt and Pyramids winger Ibrahim Adel with Arsenal, Brentford, Brighton and Nottingham Forest also on the 21-year-old's trail. (90min)[/article]

Thx midfield? It’s much worse than we thought.

No - its much worse than what many of you thought - some of us always knew it was shit - even during last seasons epic stuff. I think the big catalyst for last seasons run was us buying Diaz (with clean mind - and untouched by Klopp's instructions to be a part-time Gini), and Mane moving to the Centre to be an aggressive, strong, pacey focal point, plus having longer than expected periods where Thiago was not injured, and the rise of Konate. All of that hid our shortcomings in midfield.

thiago was also shit yesterday, and he also need a bit of a minder, to cover for him
So, the midfield balance is all wrong, with him and Elliott/aging Hendo. Poor the fabs. Then Trent also needing dropping/help.

Klopp also made a hash out of it with his subs yesterday, wtf was he thinking

Sort it out klopp, you said reinvent ourselves, but I just see more of the same from him, hoping that the aging players can play the same way we used to do
the way his system requires to be successful cannot be played by the current lot anymore, so he has to change the set up. until then, it won't work.

The phrase management slept at the wheel as team grew old is starting to look more and more apt.

There are lots of poor imo decisions in squad/money management. Several questionable ones have been happening the last 2 years:
-not replacing Gini
-resigning Salah to a phat one and not selling him or a fat wedge (yes, mane leaving I know I know....still looks a bad decision
-resigning hendo to a phat contract
-not moving ox and keita on and getting replacements in...
- spending 65 mill on replacing divock (yes, i jest, but that is what he is currently)

Last edited:
I don't think the midfield is the main issue , it's the system.

Why even bother pressing in our system if it is going to be half hearted or done by half of the most forward 6 players?

I'd rather the midfield and forwards dropped 5/10 yards deeper , condensed the pitch than continue to half press..

Seems crazy we didn’t have a fallback option for Tchouameni. Keita’s injury has just compounded things and it’s clear Milner and Henderson are done.

Elliot has done well but he’s not cut out for a midfield 3 and can’t compensate on that side for Salah and Trent together, nor should he be expected to.

The Arthur signing is clearly bollocks.

I feel like squad has more players suited to 4-2-3-1 and might give a a bit more solidity - we need to stop conceding first. I think our 4-3-3 has been found out and players aren’t currently at a level to carry it off.

Yup the Arthur signing is nonsense.

I don’t even know what thread to put my complaints in but West Ham have just outspent our record window without selling a Coutinho to bankroll it all. All our rivals have blown us away with investment in the last 4 or so windows and we’re loaning some pleb from juventus.

It has been said countless times on here but we have a complete lack of 23-27 year olds in the squad. The system isn’t working but the midfield composition is a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom