• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob Ramsey it is then?
[article]
According to Marca, via Paisley Gates, Liverpool have made an offer to sign Bellingham, although it does not say whether this would be for January or for next summer. The report does not specify, either, how much the Reds have bid to sign the 19-year-old.

However, the report goes a step further by saying that Bellingham has received multiple offers from Premier League clubs. On top of that, it has also been claimed that the midfielder will reject all of them in favour of a move to Real Madrid.
It has been claimed that Bellingham has already decided that he wants to sign for the Spanish giants, and that he will turn down any offers from Liverpool or any other English club.
[/article]

Jacob Ramsey it is then?
[article]
According to Marca, via Paisley Gates, Liverpool have made an offer to sign Bellingham, although it does not say whether this would be for January or for next summer. The report does not specify, either, how much the Reds have bid to sign the 19-year-old.

However, the report goes a step further by saying that Bellingham has received multiple offers from Premier League clubs. On top of that, it has also been claimed that the midfielder will reject all of them in favour of a move to Real Madrid.
It has been claimed that Bellingham has already decided that he wants to sign for the Spanish giants, and that he will turn down any offers from Liverpool or any other English club.
[/article]
I think he would make the right choice if he went to Real , especially if he wants to win shit consistently. LFC is a gamble for any of the top tier players.

At Real he'd just be looked at as another player....I mean look at how a lot of them treat Benzema, and he's been the main man for years.

Playing for a Dortmund or Liverpool is a far better experience in terms of love of the fans.

At Real he'd just be looked at as another player....I mean look at how a lot of them treat Benzema, and he's been the main man for years.

Playing for a Dortmund or Liverpool is a far better experience in terms of love of the fans.
There is love, but then there is also the issue of constant injuries playing for us because you have to cover for the fact that we don't have enough cover in all the other areas, and we don't sell and replace immediately. Which leads to...seasons with fuck all to show. Nah fuck love, goto Real Jude, and give us the comedy of Klopp not signing anyone next season because the right player is not around anymore, maybe he extends Milner again to cover, and also wait for your 10 year contract at Real to expire before he signs a other mid.

Camavinga, Tchouameni AND Bellingham.

Real Madrid would be taking the piss with young midfield talent there.

Marca are suggesting Bellingham’s preference is to join Real Madrid.

Shock - horror!!!!!

As if they exist to report anything else - It would be like Dantes reporting that Donal Trump is great.

Marca are suggesting Bellingham’s preference is to join Real Madrid.

Shock - horror!!!!!

As if they exist to report anything else - It would be like Dantes reporting that Donal Trump is great.
DT makes politics interesting - like him saying he can declassify information by thinking about it. If Jude is going to cost £130m, he should go Real Madrid especially how weak the pound is now

Camavinga, Tchouameni AND Bellingham.

Real Madrid would be taking the piss with young midfield talent there.
Yep, and if I was Jude .. I would be like yes I want to play with those guys, rather than Henderson Milner or any of our other 30+...nearing 30's etc..

Nope, not any more. Have a feeling that we'll miss the CL and our transfer plans goes down the toilet.

Yeah, I share that fear too.

But even if we make the CL and we're no longer the dominant team along with City it might change things.

It's early days but right now the perception is that certain teams (like Arsenal) are on the up and we are on the way down.

There seems to be a lot of young talent about at the moment as we are coming into the next generation of players but given that we seem to prefer to obssess over one or two individuals, we need to ensure we're competing from a position of strength.

Need a good run in the CL (no more getting demolished) and to stop looking like we could concede 3/4 goals every weekend domestically.

We might need to bite the bullet and spend extra to get players in January, as we are not out of the running for CL by then, and it can help us get fourth if that is in the balance.

Whatever happened to spotting gems BEFORE they go to bigger teams. We seem to wait until a player is wanted by the entire European elite before showing any interest.

Does our scouting team actually do anything anymore?

Whatever happened to spotting gems BEFORE they go to bigger teams. We seem to wait until a player is wanted by the entire European elite before showing any interest.

This is an observation worth discussing. I am of the impression that we are looking at the top end, while also at the very young, cheap talent end.
It could be a result of the increase in prices for young players doing well for clubs like Leicester, Leeds, Villa, Forest and the like.
The value is not there.

We signed Elliott, Carvalho and Ramsay.

But, we do seem to have an issue with paying excessively for potential talents though. I mean Birmingham wanted £30 mill for Bellingham who was like 16 at the time.
It's a no-brainer now obviously.

Credit to Dortmund for spending that on a 16 year old, they clearly saw the talent and potential no one else did...or at least not enough to stump up that kind of money on a 16 year old.

We signed Elliott, Carvalho and Ramsay.

But, we do seem to have an issue with paying excessively for potential talents though. I mean Birmingham wanted £30 mill for Bellingham who was like 16 at the time.
It's a no-brainer now obviously.

If those talents are still teenagers then yes, it's very risky.

The 3 you mentioned are more the type we need to be looking for but outside of the UK, no idea how good Sepp will be but those kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom