• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club fucked up like they did two seasons ago when they failed to replace lovren, and we ended up with no back line, and got some cheap reject from the Championship and a crock from the Bundesliga. However, we pulled it back
This season they (LFC) were hoping to get a MF but got a striker who most people knew will need time. The likes of Jude and Jacob Ramsey will not be available till next summer just like the Benfica kid. We all know the league is out of the question, as its now about solidifying top 4. Right now Klopp has to find a balance, Thiago coming back will help that, he is a big reason why we competed in all 4 fronts. This idiotic comment he is a luxury player, when he has always taken a game or two to get back in the rhythm. Melo, I'll reserve judgement as I haven't seen him play, but if he can give a Thiago a break and we keep balance, I'll support him.

Come Jan the club has to get MFs and they don't have to break the bank to do it, and we will get top 4 and be in with a chance to lift CL/FA Cup/Milk Cup/Europa Cup.

Danilo - not gonna happen but hey ho, no harm thinking it
All Prem proven, all with contracts ending in 2023
Youri Tielmans
Douglas Luiz
Alexis Mac Allister (Only 23 scored 4 goals this season has played AM/CM/)

Tom Davies (24 English, seen him a couple of times, one major injury last season but prior to that nothing). We've nicked players from Everton before

Douglas Luiz and Alexis Mac Allister would be the two I would plump for. Tom Davies I would consider because he is English. Send Naby, Ox out on loan if they're fit and millie get used sparsely with Melo returning to Italy

Tom Davies who plays for Everton can’t even get a game for Everton
We are playing a 37 year old in our MF. Beyond Fabs who is looking shaky and Thiago, our MF options are dyer. Melo, I hope I am proved wrong will break down. CJ is proving to be another Ox. Hendo is looking jaded. As I said an option.
If it were upto me I'd get all 3 Youri, Mac Allister and Douglas Luiz. with Naby and Melo leaving.

Yeah… let’s sign Tom Davies - that’ll solve our problems.

Seriously wondering how sone people on here will make it to the end of the season without a complete and utter Dantes style breakdown.

We should definitely sell Trent, Salah & Van Dijk along with every midfielder we own and buy anyone with a heartbeat and Tom Davies… while committing ritual Hari-kari at least twice a week and setting ourselves on fire once a fortnight.

…. and letting Brizzle continue to start match threads…. Thank god we still have the World Cup and the F**k You Count Cup to look forward to.

Maybe there’s a few who could take up chess and shove anal beads up their arse to get a bit of enjoyment back in their life.

We are playing a 37 year old in our MF. Beyond Fabs who is looking shaky and Thiago, our MF options are dyer. Melo, I hope I am proved wrong will break down. CJ is proving to be another Ox. Hendo is looking jaded. As I said an option.
If it were upto me I'd get all 3 Youri, Mac Allister and Douglas Luiz. with Naby and Melo leaving.

Kieron Dyer’s making a comeback ? [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously wondering how sone people on here will make it to the end of the season without a complete and utter Dantes style breakdown.

We should definitely sell Trent, Salah & Van Dijk along with every midfielder we own and buy anyone with a heartbeat and Tom Davies… while committing ritual Hari-kari at least twice a week and setting ourselves on fire once a fortnight.

…. and letting Brizzle continue to start match threads…. Thank god we still have the World Cup and the F**k You Count Cup to look forward to.

Maybe there’s a few who could take up chess and shove anal beads up their arse to get a bit of enjoyment back in their life.

I knew you Steve would have an issue with my picks

Me suggesting something should happen will not make it happen, otherwise we would have had a MF in the summer. So no one should lose their shit.
Seeing that people like your self think we will go out big in the summer and spend £100m + on a MF then I'm focusing on small spend this winter. I said Tom Davies because he is English and he would be on my list for consideration purposes only. We are still fucking playing Millie, and the man is showing his age. My post is simply suggesting we don't have to spend big in Jan to strengthen.
The players you like-
Jude £130m and available in the summer, which would be too late for us
Jacob Ramsay - You have never said you wanted him - but he is one I've mentioned and we're looking upward of £70-100m
Moises Caicedo - Brighton don't have to sell, and have put a price tag of £100m
Enzo Fernandez - Just joined Benefica, who get well above market value for players, doubt they'll allow him to leave unless we meet the buyout clause
Nicola Barella - the figures I've heard quoted are around £80m, Inter sell, so might be a chance.
Konrad Laimer - Even though he is cheap he is out till June 2023

By all means suggest other names, which will help us in Europe and maintain/gain top 4?

My big question and this may relate to Klopp’s saying we need to take risks sometimes is why can’t we cut out the middleman? Why do we always have to buy the “finished” product at?

All the names being bandied about have been a soar s fraction of the now-quoted fees but we seem to want to wait for someone else to make a punt first.

Me suggesting something should happen will not make it happen, otherwise we would have had a MF in the summer. So no one should lose their shit.
Seeing that people like your self think we will go out big in the summer and spend £100m + on a MF then I'm focusing on small spend this winter. I said Tom Davies because he is English and he would be on my list for consideration purposes only. We are still fucking playing Millie, and the man is showing his age. My post is simply suggesting we don't have to spend big in Jan to strengthen.
The players you like-
Jacob Ramsay - You have never said you wanted him - but he is one I've mentioned and we're looking upward of £70-100m
Enzo Fernandez - Just joined Benefica, who get well above market value for players, doubt they'll allow him to leave unless we meet the buyout clause
Nicola Barella - the figures I've heard quoted are around £80m, Inter sell, so might be a chance.

By all means suggest other names, which will help us in Europe and maintain/gain top 4?

That is more like it, but you mentioned Tom Davis, so you have disqualified yourself forever now.

The players you like-

I’ll say again - I think we’ll spend £30-40m to bring in a midfielder in Jan - look, it might even be Arthur if he starts playing and shows he’s any good.

Then we’ll do a deal for someone in the summer - that will be our big expensive signing.

I take all the figures bandied about overxwho’ll costcwhat with a pinch of salt - we know Dortmund are more likely to sell next summer and we know they’ll try to rinse us, but, and I’ve said this many times - if Bellingham wants to be a Liverpool player, then he will be and he won’t cost £130m - at least not upfront, because we won’t pay that. We’ll either compromise in some way or he’ll indicate he’s in no rush and will run down his contract to join us. If he doesn’t want to and he wants to play elsewhere then he’ll fuck iff to City, Utd, Real, Barca, Chelsea, Newcastle or PSG for that big pay check - and we’ll sign someone else.

Pain in the hole if it happens - but you’d have to think we’ve done the pre-work on this in the same way Real did Tchouaméni and City Haaland.

I don’t know about credible links to other players - tends not to appear until we’ve secured or are close to securing the player.

The one thing I do know - we are not fucking signing Tom Davies - he’s not on any list we have - NOT IN A MILLION YEARS do we sign him.

So, our team in 4 years, considering our squad age

Kelleher/Ali

Trent - Ibou -new guy -new guy
new guy - new guy - new guy
new guy - nunez/jota - diaz

--squadies: gomez, elliott, carvalho, bajetic, etc

I have a feeling I am missing someone...who?

Dated 27 Aug 2022

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/08/liverpool-midfield-options-premier-league-2022-23/\
mid.jpg
mid2.png

So, our team in 4 years, considering our squad age

Kelleher/Ali

Trent - Ibou -new guy -new guy
new guy - new guy - new guy
new guy - nunez/jota - diaz

--squadies: gomez, elliott, carvalho, bajetic, etc

I have a feeling I am missing someone...who?

Yes - IF Elliot, Jones, Carvalho, Morton, Van den Berg, Ramsey, Bradley, Bajcetic etc don’t progress in anyway, shape form or manner over the next 4 years.

We also generally bring in 1 players each window - so in 4 years time it’d be reasonable to expect sone of those current youngsters that’ll be hitting 22-23 and sone of the probably 6-8 new players we’ll bring in to be involved.

Yes - IF Elliot, Jones, Carvalho, Morton, Van den Berg, Ramsey, Bradley, Bajcetic etc don’t progress in anyway, shape form or manner over the next 4 years.

We also generally bring in 1 players each window - so in 4 years time it’d be reasonable to expect sone of those current youngsters that’ll be hitting 22-23 and sone of the probably 6-8 new players we’ll bring in to be involved.

going by the last years - how many academy players/youngster signings have settled in the first 11?

there is trent, that´s it no?

Nearly choked on me coffee when I read this hahaha

That is more like it, but you mentioned Tom Davis, so you have disqualified yourself forever now.

What the fuck - Tom Davies ? - are you kidding me ? - @bluebell - I know you got that thang for Adama, but don't go Tom Davies on us, even the unseen may stop you from posting on here

going by the last years - how many academy players/youngster signings have settled in the first 11?

there is trent, that´s it no?

None of our more recent young signers are over 19 - very few players that age hold down a regular starting position at a Top 6 team - within the next 4 years I’d expect a few more, but you’d have to say Harvey is pretty close.

We either give them game time to develop or flick them on at the first sign they’ll be any good - you can’t have it both ways - you can’t hang on to youth players, not play them and expect them just to step in and be world class.

None of our more recent young signers are over 19 - very few players that age hold down a regular starting position at a Top 6 team - within the next 4 years I’d expect a few more, but you’d have to say Harvey is pretty close.

We either give them game time to develop or flick them on at the first sign they’ll be any good - you can’t have it both ways - you can’t hang on to youth players, not play them and expect them just to step in and be world class.

Yep, the young one's need games, but overall, it seems klopp prefers the old dogs to the young ones

What the fuck - Tom Davies ? - are you kidding me ? - @bluebell - I know you got that thang for Adama, but don't go Tom Davies on us, even the unseen may stop you from posting on here
On that list I've provided 4 names with proven PL experience. We aren't going to win the league and our results will be really shitty till we get reinforcements to reinvigorate the team in Jan, and then we will probably go on a 15 game winning streak to go from 7th to 3rd.
If people want a £100m MF in the summer it does mean looking for bargains in Jan.
Since Nunes failed to materialise you have been reluctant to suggest any names... You have £30m to fix the team in Jan, you can top up that figure by selling. We have at the moment 16 non-homegrown players, so you're allowed one more before you have to deregister or sell a non-home grown before you add another . Let's see you list @moron

On that list I've provided 4 names with proven PL experience. We aren't going to win the league and our results will be really shitty till we get reinforcements to reinvigorate the team in Jan, and then we will probably go on a 15 game winning streak to go from 7th to 3rd.
If people want a £100m MF in the summer it does mean looking for bargains in Jan.
Since Nunes failed to materialise you have been reluctant to suggest any names... You have £30m to fix the team in Jan, you can top up that figure by selling. We have at the moment 16 non-homegrown players, so you're allowed one more before you have to deregister or sell a non-home grown before you add another . Let's see you list @moron

So to be clear - we can sign any player in the world for around £30m without having to sell, de-register or do anything else… and you bring Tom Davies into the equation.

I’d probs give Ox an extension before signing Tom Davies.

So to be clear - we can sign any player in the world for around £30m without having to sell, de-register or do anything else… and you bring Tom Davies into the equation.

I’d probs give Ox an extension before signing Tom Davies.
Our suggestions do no harm, so lets hear some names. You wanted to wait for Jude but history tells us if we don't get Jude, Klopp doesn't look at alternatives, he looks at other positions.
So far according to the press we are looking at wingers.
Jan £30m net spend, lets hear names that could revive our season. Laimer is out till next season

There's at guy at Lens, Sekou Fofana, who's been instrumental for them the last 2 and a bit seasons.

Watched him again the other tonight against Lyon, utter dominance....big reason why Lens are 1 of few sides who still unbeaten.

Since getting promoted 2 years ago they've had 2 back to back 7th league finishes, & he's been 1 of the main factors....can break up play, can drive team forward, he's even 1 of those that can do stepovers, cut inside and whip 1 in the bottom corner.

If we can't get your Bellingham's or Barella's of this world, I'd love for us to get someone like him.

I don't have a list because it is now a pointless exercise, we have to deal with the here and now, and we made our bed with this guy Melo - who really is mellowing out on our bench right now as a show piece rather than someone useful we could use (from what I have heard - the ain't even fit enough for those under-23 games). We are truly fucked right now - it's a mental and organizational issue, the way we are playing is so un-systematic, and fucking slow as fuck. Essentially we need 2 midfielders right now - but we cannot so what's the fucking point ?

Our suggestions do no harm, so lets hear some names. You wanted to wait for Jude but history tells us if we don't get Jude, Klopp doesn't look at alternatives, he looks at other positions.
So far according to the press we are looking at wingers.
Jan £30m net spend, lets hear names that could revive our season. Laimer is out till next season

Here’s a list of midfielders that can turn our season round - Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Elliot, Carvalho - they’ll do for a start - if they’re playing at the level they’re capable of, we’re fine.

Fucked if I know who we should buy for £30m - don’t care, to be honest.

Here’s a list of midfielders that can turn our season round - Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Elliot, Carvalho - they’ll do for a start - if they’re playing at the level they’re capable of, we’re fine.

Fucked if I know who we should buy for £30m - don’t care, to be honest.
You do care because every name I've mentioned you've been critical of.
We function way better with Thiago in the team but ee will breakdown by the 5th game. Most of the squad is underperforming, there seems to be a mental block, and they look fatigued physically and mentally which will cause "Brain Fuck" moments. Usually new signings change things, just give boost. Right now, I think the opposition know our weakest side is the Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom