• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The not confirmed, it's really only a rumour transfer thread ;Summer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be rumors flying around on Twitter at the mo, We are about to lodge a 15 million bid for Walcott..

Don't know how I feel about that if true.. But given he can play either on the wing or up front, it could work in our current set up..

Sturridge or Walcott.. ?

Hmm tricky one.. But I'd probably take Walcott imho..

Seems to be rumors flying around on Twitter at the mo, We are about to lodge a 15 million bid for Walcott..

Don't know how I feel about that if true.. But given he can play either on the wing or up front, it could work in our current set up..

Sturridge or Walcott.. ?

Hmm tricky one.. But I'd probably take Walcott imho..

I don't like Walcott. Think his hype is much greater than he is.

I suspect I'm in the minority though.

I'd take Defoe or Sturridge, anyone who is selfish plays in the penalty box and scores goals. Hopefully we'll see the back of Downing and Adam. Who knows what's going to happen though. Transfer window is a load of cock.
On a sightly different note, why the fuck would AC Milan want Nicolas Bendtner? He is an ego on legs with limited ability, shit hair and a totally punchable face.

I think he would do better playing in the middle of a front three, I think Arsenal have been playing him out of position all these years..

He is an ego on legs with limited ability, shit hair and a totally punchable face.

images

I'd take Defoe or Sturridge, anyone who is selfish plays in the penalty box and scores goals. Hopefully we'll see the back of Downing and Adam. Who knows what's going to happen though. Transfer window is a load of cock.
On a sightly different note, why the fuck would AC Milan want Nicolas Bendtner? He is an ego on legs with limited ability, shit hair and a totally punchable face.
I wouldn't take Defoe.. I just don't think he is all that.. Don't think he has ever been imho..

Last edited:
I wouldn't take Defoe.. I just don't think he is all that.. Don't think he has ever been imho..

My only thought with Defoe is that he has the right instinct in front of goal and always get a shot away, generally on target. He's not my ideal, but I think he has qualities that this team lack: killer Rushie/Aldo/Van Nistelhorse finishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Walcott would be a marvellous bit of business really. Had his ups and downs but he has got great ability overall and would suit Rodgers style of play well.

Important we don't flog Carroll mind if this is the type of attacker we're looking at as we'd then have no-one to capitalize on all the rather good crosses we delivered from the wings against Citeh.

Whilst he's no Zlatan he has got some of the same attributes in his locker and he does score goals too and is still quite young.

Inter had a loan bid rejected from Arsenal yesterday and Juve is also rumoured to be interested.

Wasn't there a dodgy rumour about Rodgers being interested at some point too? Perhaps he's the next rabit we are about to pull from the transfer-hat?

Then you could argue we've pulled two Asses this window.

My only thought with Defoe is that he has the right instinct in front of goal and always get a shot away, generally on target. He's not my ideal, but I think he has qualities that this team lack: killer Rushie/Aldo/Van Nistelhorse finishing.

That may be so to a point, but he lacks consistency.. Confidence player ??? Probably... Also age is not on his side.. So defo not a FSG type signing...

Last edited:
Whilst he's no Zlatan he has got some of the same attributes in his locker and he does score goals too and is still quite young.

Inter had a loan bid rejected from Arsenal yesterday and Juve is also rumoured to be interested.

Wasn't there rumour about Rodgers being interested at some point too? Perhaps he's the next rabit we are about to pull from the transfer-hat?

Then you could argue we've pulled two Asses this window.

If Bendtner becomes a Liverpool player I will be genuinely disillusioned. Fucking hate the utter twat.
Until he scores a late winner of course. That's football. Only player I ever disliked through his whole time with us was Ince.

That may be so to a point, but he lacks consistency.. Confidence player ??? Probably... Also age is not on his side.. So defo not a FSG type signing...

I think the age thing is a fair point. Not FSG style, too old, too high a wage, no resale value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Bendtner becomes a Liverpool player I will be genuinely disillusioned. Fucking hate the utter twat.
Until he scores a late winner of course. That's football. Only player I ever disliked through his whole time with us was Ince.
I can assure you you won't be the only one on here mate.

And it would be a bold move as it seems a lot of English fans in general dislike him good for several good and probably a few not so good reasons as per. That's life. But he's not a bad footballer at all, and he has always scored and created goals even when played out of position on the wing for Arsenal.

Don't be too worried though, he looks destined for AC Milan.

PS Agree that Ince was hard to like. I didn't hate him that's too strong a word, but I never really warmed to him either.

I don't like Walcott. Think his hype is much greater than he is.

I suspect I'm in the minority though.

Your in with me on that one. That must worry you now right ? - Walcott can be good but I don't like having too many light-weight pussies in the team ( and before you all think I don't like short people, slight framed people - I am one of them myself).

What's the issue with Ince? I know he used to play for the Scum, but I recalled him to be a really decent player in his time at the club. Not least at that Christmas party.

I've been saying for ages on here that i'd love Walcott, however the fact I like him so much probably means he'll be a huge flop. £15million is a bit much for him in his last year. £12m at most.

I'd definitely take Sturridge too. He has potential to be a real predator. I think Brendan will make him a better player, and take him to the level we need.

Sturridge over Walcott for me too. Strikers not wingers now SVP. Unless we get both 'cos Downing is leaving.

I think Sturridge would help us out a little more against the teams who are going to come to Anfield and 'park the bus.' Hes got that bit of trickery to get away from a man and can beat someone in tight spaces. Walcott's a bit more of a kick and chase merchant who relies on his pace more.

I think Defoe is a 20 goals a season striker if played regularly. I'm surprised Harry didn't show more faith in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom