• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This years transfer thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i refuse to look at what caused this page to be filled with ageism......

keep up the good work boys

Salcido will probably sign, and a striker will follow shortly I reckon.

But the thing is, what do we do when Mascher is sold. We desperatly need a midfielder aswell. As there will be a gaping hole after him.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1159786#msg1159786 date=1282580722]
Salcido will probably sign, and a striker will follow shortly I reckon.

But the thing is, what do we do when Mascher is sold. We desperatly need a midfielder aswell. As there will be a gaping hole after him.
[/quote]

hopefully we've kept in touch with defour.........

WTF Barca made a £12M bid for Mascherano (as reported by Sky). We'd be fucking mugs to take that deal! Roy must take the hardline approach.

Liverpool have told Barcelona that they want £24.5 (€30) million in cash for Javier Mascherano after rejecting the Spanish club’s opening player exchange offer.

Despite reports that Barca’s opening bid was £12m, Goal.com UK understands that the Primera Division champions offered £18.8m plus Aliaksandr Hleb for the 26-year-old Argentine.

But Liverpool are adamant that they do not want a player-plus-cash deal and will only consider a straight cash offer for the midfielder.

Barcelona are expected to return with a second, improved bid in the next 48 hours as they close in on a transfer that they hope to complete by the end of the week. It is understood that the player has already agreed personal terms with the Catalan giants.

Liverpool sources say the club accept that Mascherano has played his last game for the Merseysiders – the 1-1 draw against Arsenal eight days ago – and appreciate that the player’s value will only diminish if he is held at Anfield against his will until January or next summer.

The Argentina captain told Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson that he did not feel his mind was right to figure in Liverpool’s Premier League match at Manchester City tonight.

Manager Roy Hodgson said before the game: “He's not here tonight because obviously there is some speculation about his future and at the moment his mind isn't right, so it wasn't correct to select him.

"Hopefully matters will get resolved, certainly before the end of the transfer window and I'll have a chance to pick him again, but tonight would not have been a good time to select him."

Hleb has been offered as a makeweight in the deal after failing to make an impression at the Nou Camp following his switch from Arsenal two summers ago.

The Belarus international was told last month that he has no future under Barca coach Pep Guardiola after spending last season on loan with VfB Stuttgart.

Goal.com says they believe it was 18.8 + Hleb. If they give us what we want (24.5), I Just hope we have enough time to invest it in a LB, a CM and back ST ... We really need it or the fight for 4th isn't 'on'.

We have the 6th best squad at the moment, and thats probably where we'll finish unless we buy players.

Manchester United and Liverpool linked with Newcastle target Hatem Ben Arfa

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 11:18 AM on 24th August 2010
Comments (2) Add to My Stories Hatem Ben Arfa has been linked with a shock move to Manchester United or Liverpool.
The Marseille playmaker has been offered a deal by Werder Bremen and a 'top Premier League club' - which his agent Michel Ouazine indicated was not Newcastle United.

The Geordies wanted to take the France international on a season-long loan, but angered Marseille with their offer.

Big guns: Arfa could be heading for Manchester United or Liverpool
Bremen had a £6.6million bid for Ben Arfa accepted after selling Mesut Ozil to Real Madrid, but the player's stock has risen since an impressive performance and goal for France in their 2-1 defeat by Norway earlier this month.

Ouazine said the identity of the English team making a move would be a 'big surprise', with reports in France suggesting either Liverpool or Manchester United would be the ones making the bid.

Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to be a long-term admirer of the 23-year-old, who has also been offered to Everton and other Premier League teams this summer.

'Negotiations are continuing,' said Ouazine. 'We are finalising the contract.'

Ben Arfa comes with issues. He is currently refusing to play for Marseille in a bid to force a move and is training alone away from his employers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1305661/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-linked-Manchester-United-Liverpool.html#ixzz0xWTIlAVX

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1160793#msg1160793 date=1282650102]
Manchester United and Liverpool linked with Newcastle target Hatem Ben Arfa

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 11:18 AM on 24th August 2010
Comments (2) Add to My Stories Hatem Ben Arfa has been linked with a shock move to Manchester United or Liverpool.
The Marseille playmaker has been offered a deal by Werder Bremen and a 'top Premier League club' - which his agent Michel Ouazine indicated was not Newcastle United.

The Geordies wanted to take the France international on a season-long loan, but angered Marseille with their offer.

Big guns: Arfa could be heading for Manchester United or Liverpool
Bremen had a £6.6million bid for Ben Arfa accepted after selling Mesut Ozil to Real Madrid, but the player's stock has risen since an impressive performance and goal for France in their 2-1 defeat by Norway earlier this month.

Ouazine said the identity of the English team making a move would be a 'big surprise', with reports in France suggesting either Liverpool or Manchester United would be the ones making the bid.

Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to be a long-term admirer of the 23-year-old, who has also been offered to Everton and other Premier League teams this summer.

'Negotiations are continuing,' said Ouazine. 'We are finalising the contract.'

Ben Arfa comes with issues. He is currently refusing to play for Marseille in a bid to force a move and is training alone away from his employers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1305661/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-linked-Manchester-United-Liverpool.html#ixzz0xWTIlAVX

[/quote]

Cunt. Let him rot in the reserves.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=40305.msg1160803#msg1160803 date=1282650419]
Sign him.
I'd take anyone now. Im fucking desperate.

[/quote]

Indeed, anyone who's got half a step over in them and can do anything other than pass side ways, I want them.

Saw him play when Norway beat France, and I have to say I was very impressed. Scored a great goal and created loads of chances. Great pace and the ability to make something happen. Can play on either wing aswell. Id sign him.

Using my new theory of supporting the club, we'll sign him for £18M and he'll be fucking shit, mental, and will refuse to play for us too.

Sorry if I'm quiffing, but it was on French radio yesterday that Lyon have signed Gourcuff for €22m. Could prove an astute signing at that price.

Lille Full-Back Mathieu Debuchy Coveted By Liverpool – Report
The Reds have their eyes on les Dogues' defender...
By Robin Bairner
Aug 24, 2010 9:36:00 AM

Coupe de France : Ederson (Lyon) vs Mathieu Debuchy (Lille)

Mathieu Debuchy
Lille are bracing themselves for an approach from Liverpool over full-back Mathieu Debuchy, L’Equipe reports.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson apparently feels that his defence is lacking competition on the right hand side and he sees Debuchy as the kind of player who would act as a good back-up to Glen Johnson.

At 25-years-old, the Fretin-born player has never featured for any club side other than les Dogues, whom he joined when he was only eight. Debuchy’s development has been impressive, however, and he can frequently be found as a useful attacking outlet down the right flank, with his start to this campaign particularly bright.

Often going unheralded, Debuchy received recognition for his efforts earlier this month when Laurent Blanc called him into the France squad to face Norway, though he would not get an opportunity to showcase his talents in a side deprived of all of its World Cup stars.

Debuchy’s contract expires in 2012, but Liverpool are expected to make an official approach in the coming days.

[quote author=RolandG link=topic=40305.msg1161229#msg1161229 date=1282676313]
Ben Arfa is a winger and we're crying out for width.

Get him!
[/quote]

I'd rather have a proper winger with a full range of skills.

Not arfa one.

[quote author=Wilko link=topic=40305.msg1161239#msg1161239 date=1282678086]

Get him!
[/quote]

Not arfa one.
[/quote]
And you have been going around slagging off other people's attempt at humour :D

[quote author=the count link=topic=40305.msg1161253#msg1161253 date=1282679025]

Get him!
[/quote]

Not arfa one.
[/quote]
And you have been going around slagging off other people's attempt at humour :D
[/quote]

I've been dragged down to their level. :) Mine wasn't too bad though.

Get him!
[/quote]

Not arfa one.
[/quote]

ha ha ha ha

Why in the fuck are we 6 days from the end of the transfer window without our problems being addressed. The season has started and we still have Lucas, Insua, Babel etc on the books and havnt addressed the two main areas of concern LEFT BACK and Back up STRIKER not to mention genuine width. It's fucking insane that we havnt worked to address these problems before the season started.
How fucking hard can it be. Sell the crap players buy what we need.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=40305.msg1161305#msg1161305 date=1282684725]
Why in the fuck are we 6 days from the end of the transfer window without our problems being addressed. The season has started and we still have Lucas, Insua, Babel etc on the books and havnt addressed the two main areas of concern LEFT BACK and Back up STRIKER not to mention genuine width. It's fucking insane that we havnt worked to address these problems before the season started.
How fucking hard can it be. Sell the crap players buy what we need.
[/quote]

Read somewhere that Insua has one year left on his contract and he's going to see it out for a bumper pay day.

That makes sense.

We're loaded up with shit contracts at the moment and it's going to take us years to shed a lot of them. Until we do that we're not going to have much room to manoeuvre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom