• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This years transfer thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koptalk's 'insider' gossip....

23rd August
========
The club have accepted a £10 million offer from Inter Milan for Dirk Kuyt but the condition of sale is that this amount is paid in full now. The deal will only proceed if Inter agree to that condition and the player accepts the move.

Barcelona are negotiating with Liverpool for Javier Mascherano. A deal looks likely but there are differences in the valuation.

Christian Purslow is working on 3 possible signings. 2 look quite clear cut, the 3rd will be harder to secure. Sorry I don't know the names because the people I work with don't just broadcast this kind of thing. It's a need to know job and I don't need to know.

I think we will see some activity or news of activity around Thursday or Friday.

Today
====
Liverpool have transferred funds to a holding account used for making payments for players. The amount is just short of £3.3 million.

From experience this would usually be the down payment for an incoming player with more future payments. It could also be a player valued at £3.3 million with a single payment of this amount. This means Liverpool and the selling club have agreed a transfer fee and payment schedule for the player.

The money can only be sent today or Monday so a medical must take place almost immediately. I would say that terms have been agreed for the club to begin the first stage of the transfer of funds.

Today
====
The club are desperately working to try and conclude 3 signings. It looks like they have been waiting to sell Mascherano to make the deals happen. The transfer window closes in a few days so the chances of these all happening look unlikely but I may be wrong.

2 of these players are not registered in the English Premier League. 1 of the trio is EPL registered and is English. 1 of the other 2 is non-English speaking and I think that one may miss the deadline.

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=40305.msg1164595#msg1164595 date=1282986564]

23rd August
========
The club have accepted a £10 million offer from Inter Milan for Dirk Kuyt but the condition of sale is that this amount is paid in full now. The deal will only proceed if Inter agree to that condition and the player accepts the move.

Barcelona are negotiating with Liverpool for Javier Mascherano. A deal looks likely but there are differences in the valuation.

Christian Purslow is working on 3 possible signings. 2 look quite clear cut, the 3rd will be harder to secure. Sorry I don't know the names because the people I work with don't just broadcast this kind of thing. It's a need to know job and I don't need to know.

I think we will see some activity or news of activity around Thursday or Friday.

Today
====
Liverpool have transferred funds to a holding account used for making payments for players. The amount is just short of £3.3 million.

From experience this would usually be the down payment for an incoming player with more future payments. It could also be a player valued at £3.3 million with a single payment of this amount. This means Liverpool and the selling club have agreed a transfer fee and payment schedule for the player.

The money can only be sent today or Monday so a medical must take place almost immediately. I would say that terms have been agreed for the club to begin the first stage of the transfer of funds.

Today
====
The club are desperately working to try and conclude 3 signings. It looks like they have been waiting to sell Mascherano to make the deals happen. The transfer window closes in a few days so the chances of these all happening look unlikely but I may be wrong.

2 of these players are not registered in the English Premier League. 1 of the trio is EPL registered and is English. 1 of the other 2 is non-English speaking and I think that one may miss the deadline.
[/quote]hahahahaha what a twat. So basically his insider knowledge is that Konchesky and Merieles are probably signing and maybe another player. Dick

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=40305.msg1164600#msg1164600 date=1282986887]
[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=40305.msg1164595#msg1164595 date=1282986564]

23rd August
========

Today
====

Today
====

[/quote]hahahahaha what a twat. So basically his insider knowledge is that Konchesky and Merieles are probably signing and maybe another player. Dick
[/quote]
How I don't miss the Koptalk days...

Dunk's source...

Wheelie_Bin.jpg

Newcastle United have confirmed the loan capture of Marseille's Hatem Ben Arfa.

The Magpies have long been linked with a move for the midfielder as they look to reinforce for the 2010/11 Premier League season.

And the 23-year-old France international has now sealed a season-long loan switch to St James' Park.

It had been suggested Ben Arfa, who joined Marseille from Lyon in 2008, was bound for Germany, but the winger has insisted he always had his heart set on Newcastle.

"It was always my first choice to come here and I'm delighted to be here," he told the club's official website.
Lucky

"I've paid real attention to the history of the club and the great players to have played for it, and particularly the supporters and I want to showcase my skills in Newcastle.

"All I'm waiting for is to show what I can do in front of the public in Newcastle. A lot of my friends in France already know the fans' reputation. The stadium has an ambience that is unique and I feel very lucky to have his opportunity."

Manager Chris Hughton said: "Hatem is a player who we have been tracking for a long time, and what is important is that he is not only a young player who should continue to improve, but somebody who already has a great reputation in the game.

"We think he will add flair to the squad and we're confident he'll fit in well with the team that we have put together here. He will, I am sure, prove to be a great addition.

"He won't be available to face Wolves at the weekend, but he'll come into my thinking for the next game at home to Blackpool. He's someone who will excite the fans here, who of course have always identified with skilful, attacking players."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6343453,00.html

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1164795#msg1164795 date=1283007998]
Season long loan, gutted we didn't sign him.
[/quote]

i am too. he's hella talented.

Holland international Klaas-Jan Huntelaar looks set to join Schalke from AC Milan after the two clubs agreed a 14million euros fee.

Bloody hell ...gift.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1164795#msg1164795 date=1283007998]
Season long loan, gutted we didn't sign him.
[/quote]

Given our complete and utter lack of genuine wingers, I'd be fuming if we didn't at least try to get him on loan.

By Andy Dunn
Follow me on Twitter

ROY HODGSON will make a last-ditch attempt to take Carlton Cole to Anfield as he embarks on a late transfer window spending spree.

The Liverpool manager has already committed over half of the money generated by the sale of Javier Mascherano to the signings of Raul Meireles and Paul Konchesky.

And his sights have now turned to bringing in top-class striking reinforcements.

Peter Crouch had become his No 1 target but it is now clear that Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp will not part with the England striker.

Kenny Dalglish was despatched to watch PSV forward Ola Toivonen last weeked but there is a feeling that - at the Dutch club's asking price of £13million - the Swede is over-priced.

Toivonen is still on the club's radar but Hodgson will now focus on Cole, who has endured a tough start to his West Ham season.

Hodgson will offer cash plus a couple of players and might even be prepared to do a deal that would take Ryan Babel to Upton Park.

Midfielder Lucas is certainly one that would be available to become a makeweight in any deal.

West Ham have said Cole is not for sale but the News of the World understands they would take a fee of around £10million.

Hodgson could get that sort of money together as he has been given licence to spend the Mascherano fee - in excess of £20m - and a bit more.

But the Liverpool chief would prefer to offer West Ham a player-plus-cash deal for the 26-year-old striker. If that was accepted, Hodgson would have funds to add another player or two to his squad.

As well as a striker to provide much-needed assistance for Fernando Torres, Hodgson believes that he needs another midfielder - especially as they have now reached the demanding group stages of the Europa League.

That is why he did not countenance a possible sale of Dirk Kuyt, even though the Dutch player's agent had clearly been busy with his European contacts.

Liverpool were upset with former Kop boss Rafa Benitez for unsettling Kuyt.

The Spaniard's original Anfield contract - seen by the News of the World - included a specific clause, outlawing him from 'directly or indirectly' soliciting Liverppol players for a six-month period after his departure from the club.

Anfield sources suggest the clause remained even after he signed a new deal.

Kuyt could still yet leave Anfield. It will not be in this transfer window but Liverpool might be tempted to sell at the right price in January.

A bid in excess of £10m would certainly test their resolve to hold on to the Dutchman.

As Argentine midfielder Mascherano was completing the formalities of his move to Barcelona, Hodgson wasted no time in beginning his late outlay.

After enquiries about Real Madrd midfielder Mahamadou Diarra came to nothing, Hodgson turned to 27-year-old defensive midfielder Meireles, whose arrival from Porto should be rubber-stamped today - along with the £4m signing of Konchesky from Hodgson's former club Fulham.

Indeed, Liverpool have confirmed a fee has been agreed for Meireles with a routine medical set to be completed soon.

Stick with us on Tuesday for our live deadline day special.

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=40305.msg1164816#msg1164816 date=1283010386]
Holland international Klaas-Jan Huntelaar looks set to join Schalke from AC Milan after the two clubs agreed a 14million euros fee.

Bloody hell ...gift.
[/quote]

That's about 10 million pds, isn't it?

We shouyld have been onto that like a rash.

HUntelaar and Meireles for Masher.

I would.

Rory Smith saying on Twitter that reports in Italy suggest we've made a 9 million bid for Gokhan Inler, and that this might be in addition to Meireles.

Sounds bullshit.

Inler is a good player, but he's also defensive minded. Can't we get an exciting play maker...

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=40305.msg1165085#msg1165085 date=1283061013]
Rory Smith saying on Twitter that reports in Italy suggest we've made a 9 million bid for Gokhan Inler, and that this might be in addition to Meireles.

Sounds bullshit.
[/quote]

It's being reported quite a bit. Maybe Lucas is on his way after all.

Well, the Carlton Cole links are horribly plausible, but the good news is that it does seem as if Roy is happy to get shut of Lucarse

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=40305.msg1165142#msg1165142 date=1283070361]
Well, the Carlton Cole links are horribly plausible, but the good news is that it does seem as if Roy is happy to get shut of Lucarse
[/quote]

I'm not overawed at Cole, we do need someone though to come in a play the centre forward role in Torres' absence, and Cole at least has the physical capabilities to do so. West Ham have been shit for a while now, he's shown flashes of ability in the past, maybe he'd do better at a bigger club? I remember him doing fairly well in his early Chelsea days.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=40305.msg1165143#msg1165143 date=1283070623]
[quote author=Brendan link=topic=40305.msg1165142#msg1165142 date=1283070361]
[/quote]

I'm not overawed at Cole, we do need someone though to come in a play the centre forward role in Torres' absence, and Cole at least has the physical capabilities to do so. West Ham have been shit for a while now, he's shown flashes of ability in the past, maybe he'd do better at a bigger club? I remember him doing fairly well in his early Chelsea days.
[/quote]

i dont rate him at all.. AT ALL...

Take away his size and he is incredibly average.
He isnt even that big!

8 million offer for Carew and throw in Lucas.

I can't see what Carlton Cole would add that we don't already have with Ngog. He's not a big step up in quality IMO. How much would Bent cost?

Ability-wise I'd certainly prefer Carew to Cole, but (a) he's far too old for an offer that high, which it would probably have to be to persuade Villa to let him go as they don't have much money either, and (b) he hasn't got much time left at top level.

Bent would cost loads after his scoring exploits for the Mackems last season.

Whichever lumbering, overpriced crap striker we buy, I will be happier if Lucarse is used in the deal. So much happier

Taken from another site................

Speculation has again risen this evening that Ola Toivonen of PSV could be the next Anfield arrival behind Paul Konchesky of Fulham, after his club withdrew him from their squad to face Den Haag on Sunday, claiming illness. The in form striker from the Eredivisie has been watched on a couple of occassions now by Hodgson, Dalglish and their teams, scored in PSV’s 5-0 win over FC Sibir Novosibirsk on Thursday night. The player is valued at around the £9m mark., although PSV are looking for closer to £12m.

I'd much prefer Bent or Zamora to Carlton Cole, because they have history of scoring goals.

Cole has shown flashes of talent throughout his career, but he's a bit of a Heskey really.

ROY HODGSON SPENDS MASCH CASH
DAILY STAR SUNDAY
ABOVE: Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson wants PSV's Ola Toivonen
29th August 2010
By Steve Millar and Paul Hetherington

ROY Hodgson is close to blowing the £22m Javier Mascherano transfer fee.

Kop legend Kenny Dalglish watched PSV’s Sweden striker Ola Toivonen against AZ Alkmaar last weekend and has delivered a glowing report to Anfield boss Hodgson.

But first Hodgson will tie up a £10.7mdeal for Porto midfielder Raul Meireles, who has already agreed personal terms and should make his Premier League debut at Birmingham in a fortnight.

And that’s only the start of the Kop shop with Hodgson determined to add to his squad ahead of Tuesday night’s transfer deadline.

He’s close to securing a £3.5m move for Fulham left-back Paul Konchesky, age? and is still keen on West Ham’s £10m-rated midfielder Scott Parker,

Udinese’s £15m-rated Swiss midfielder Gokhan Inler, is also high up on Hodgson’s hit-list.

Toivonen, looks certain to follow Meireles into Anfield. He can play in three positions – attacking midfielder, striker or second striker.

Liverpool want to pay £8m but PSV want more because of Mascherano‘s £22m move to barcelona.

Now, after Dalglish’s spying mission, Hodgson might be prepared to go £10m.

Hodgson knows who exactly he wants and what he wants from his new signings.

He said: “If the right player comes along it would be good if we could bring in another striker.

“I don’t make any apologies for saying that but I would want it to be the right man. There are a lot of players we can sign and we’re linked with a lot every day because they would like to come and play for Liverpool.

“It’s important for me that if we bring someone in that he really fits the profile which I have sketched out for this player and that he fits in with our transfer policy.

“The striker I want would also be a player who has got some of Fernando’s qualities that’s for sure."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/151389/ROY-HODGSON-SPENDS-MASCH-CASH/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom