• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This years transfer thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is hoping to secure funds to make an ambitious move for Sampdoria striker Giampaolo Pazzini as he looks to beef up the club’s attacking options. Having seen his Italian side crash out of the Champions League the Italian international may well be interested in a move to the Premier League.

The 26 year old former Fiorentina man has sprung to prominence after netting 19 Serie A goals last term which helped the lethal front man a place in Marcello Lippi’s World Cup squad but seeing his hopes of Champions League football vanish thanks a late comeback from Bundesliga side Werder Bremen in a game that Pazzini netted twice in.

A move for the striker wouldn’t come cheap with the player valued at around £14m but he could potentially work out well as a foil for Fernando Torres and is a player that many of Europe’s elite have been monitoring over the past 18 months.

Hodgson will hope that money made from the sales of Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera, as well as the expected exit of Javier Mascherano, would lead to the Anfield boss having some funds to reinvest in his Liverpool squad.

Diego has passed his medical at Wolfsburg. His Juventus career was a poor one to say the least.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1162629#msg1162629 date=1282827553]
Diego has passed his medical at Wolfsburg. His Juventus career was a poor one to say the least.
[/quote]

Woah, how much did he cost?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=40305.msg1162616#msg1162616 date=1282826287]
Good. I don't want us ever to sign another Italian player, however good they may look in Italy.
[/quote]

I was about to post the same thing ;D

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=40305.msg1162631#msg1162631 date=1282828828]
[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1162629#msg1162629 date=1282827553]
[/quote]

Woah, how much did he cost?
[/quote]

15 mill euros

Amazing. I wanted us to sign him based on his performances for Wolfsburg. I didn't see any of his games at Juve, so I wonder what went so badly wrong.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=40305.msg1162661#msg1162661 date=1282832732]
Amazing. I wanted us to sign him based on his performances for Wolfsburg. I didn't see any of his games at Juve, so I wonder what went so badly wrong.
[/quote]

I think you meant Bremen. Wolfsburg has a decent team now - Diego, Dzeko (has he left?), Grafitte, and that hotshot Danish defender.

Yeah, sorry... Bremen.

Van Claren will be taked with challenging for the title with that team, surely.

[quote author=tombrown link=topic=40305.msg1162566#msg1162566 date=1282823093]
Hodgson will hope that money made from the sales of Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera[/quote]

How much is that? Not enough to get us a new LB?

Newcastle have agreed terms with Marseille regarding Ben Arfa, just personel terms left and he could be joining them.

If it's a loan move, with an option of 6 mill euros. Then why not Roy????!!!!

Newcastle are closing in on the signing of Marseille ace Hatem Ben Arfa, according to the French club.

A move was mooted earlier this month, but the deal stalled over the price of the option to buy Ben Arfa if he impressed during his loan spell.

Ben Arfa is keen to leave Marseille and refused to train with the club to try and force a move away from Stade Velodrome.

Werder Bremen were thought to be favourites for the Frenchman's signature, but now Newcastle have jumped back to the head of the queue for the 23-year-old.

Finish
Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier has confirmed they have agreed a deal with Newcastle for Ben Arfa with the winger due to fly in for talks this weekend.

"He will travel to Newcastle tomorrow," said Dassier. "They have offered to raise the price for the option-to-buy if Hatem plays 25 matches and also pay the five per cent of the cost to Fifa.

"We will respond. After that it's up to Hatem to agree a deal.

"We have to finish this story as soon as possible."

Robinho can't seem to find a new club. Cheeky loan bid if it's still the same on monday?

He has to play football somewhere.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1163646#msg1163646 date=1282906013]
Robinho can't seem to find a new club. Cheeky loan bid if it's still the same on monday?

[/quote]

i suggested a move for him last week - i really rate him and think he would blossom in a team where he felt wanted and respected..

Man City will never allow it in a million years - they would prefer to chop off his legs than sell him to us.

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=40305.msg1163150#msg1163150 date=1282851424]
Dick Van Wolswinkle has just scored a hat trick against Celtic.
[/quote]

Parents can be so cruel.

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=40305.msg1163652#msg1163652 date=1282906333]
[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1163646#msg1163646 date=1282906013]

[/quote]

i suggested a move for him last week - i really rate him and think he would blossom in a team where he felt wanted and respected..

Man City will never allow it in a million years - they would prefer to chop off his legs than sell him to us.
[/quote]

He's got bags of ability but the Prem isn't the right setting for him. If he's not going to be able to stay at home in Brazil he needs to play in La Liga or Serie A.

Robinho's a little brat, he's said he wants to go to Itlay or Spain, until he gets one fo those moves even if he does play, he'll play like a sulky brat who can't be bothered. We've seen him do it before.

And City ain't selling/loaning to us.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=40305.msg1163819#msg1163819 date=1282912573]
Robinho's a little brat, he's said he wants to go to Itlay or Spain, until he gets one fo those moves even if he does play, he'll play like a sulky brat you can't be bothered. We've seen him do it before.

And City ain't selling/loaning to us.
[/quote]

^^^

nutshell.jpg

Adebayor says he would leave if an offer comes in. I would love the twat here.

N'Zogbia to Brum

[quote author=keniget link=topic=40305.msg1163895#msg1163895 date=1282920005]
Why has he fallen out of favour at City? I didn't think he did too badly last season?
[/quote]

Apperantly because he's behind Tevez and Balotelli in pecking order and finds himself on the bench..

Well, yeah I know he's been on the bench, but I would've thought he'd be a good bet to lead the line for them.

I think what triggered his desire to go was that yesterday, Jo was used as a substitute instead. I would most certainly take him but Man City won't sell to a rival.

EDIT: looked up the squad there and Jo and Adebayor were both up front but I'd still take him.

Emmanuel Adebayor warns Man City he could quit club

Adebayor joined City from Arsenal for £25m in July 2009
Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has warned manager Roberto Mancini he could quit Eastlands if he does not play regularly this season.

The 26-year-old Togolese has been handed a place on the substitutes bench for City's first two league games.

Adebayor said: "If you're in a team and you're not playing and there is a team that comes in for me, then I will definitely be on my way out."

However, Adebayor did start the two Europa League wins against Timisoara.

Mancini used Carlos Tevez as his central striker for the 0-0 opening day Premier League draw with Tottenham, with Adebayor coming on for the last seven minutes as a substitute.

606: DEBATE
His form is poor, his body language his poor and he is one of those players that 'needs to be loved'

blueboy0304
In the Monday's 3-0 win over Liverpool, Mancini again opted to start Tevez and used Brazilian striker Jo as a second-half replacement, leaving former Arsenal man Adebayor as an unused sub.

"The season is going to be very long and very difficult for myself," Adebayor added on Talksport. "I'm a footballer and have to keep going and not give up. I need to keep fighting for myself and enjoying my football.

"So if I don't have a chance to play here there will be a lot of chance to play somewhere else. If they force you out then you always have to follow your destiny."

Adebayor joined City from Arsenal for £25m in July 2009 but he could be pushed further down the pecking order when Manchester City travel to Sunderland on Sunday if City's new £24m signing Mario Balotelli returns from a knee injury.

Wales striker Craig Bellamy has already moved to Cardiff on loan after losing his place at Eastlands, while Brazilian Robinho and Paraguay forward Roque Santa Cruz also look set to leave.

I woulsn't mind taking Santa Cruz on loan.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1163913#msg1163913 date=1282921154]
Emmanuel Adebayor warns Man City he could quit club

Adebayor joined City from Arsenal for £25m in July 2009
Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has warned manager Roberto Mancini he could quit Eastlands if he does not play regularly this season.

The 26-year-old Togolese has been handed a place on the substitutes bench for City's first two league games.

Adebayor said: "If you're in a team and you're not playing and there is a team that comes in for me, then I will definitely be on my way out."

However, Adebayor did start the two Europa League wins against Timisoara.

Mancini used Carlos Tevez as his central striker for the 0-0 opening day Premier League draw with Tottenham, with Adebayor coming on for the last seven minutes as a substitute.

606: DEBATE
His form is poor, his body language his poor and he is one of those players that 'needs to be loved'

blueboy0304
In the Monday's 3-0 win over Liverpool, Mancini again opted to start Tevez and used Brazilian striker Jo as a second-half replacement, leaving former Arsenal man Adebayor as an unused sub.

"The season is going to be very long and very difficult for myself," Adebayor added on Talksport. "I'm a footballer and have to keep going and not give up. I need to keep fighting for myself and enjoying my football.

"So if I don't have a chance to play here there will be a lot of chance to play somewhere else. If they force you out then you always have to follow your destiny."

Adebayor joined City from Arsenal for £25m in July 2009 but he could be pushed further down the pecking order when Manchester City travel to Sunderland on Sunday if City's new £24m signing Mario Balotelli returns from a knee injury.

Wales striker Craig Bellamy has already moved to Cardiff on loan after losing his place at Eastlands, while Brazilian Robinho and Paraguay forward Roque Santa Cruz also look set to leave.

[/quote]

Couldn't happen to a nicer zlatan.

Who was our last loan signing? Anelka? Might be a good idea because they'll be striving to impress instead of waddling about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom