• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This years transfer thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=irishred link=topic=40305.msg1163930#msg1163930 date=1282922344]
Who was our last loan signing? Anelka? Might be a good idea because they'll be striving to impress instead of waddling about.
[/quote]

They won't let him go to a rival though :(

I think he's a brilliant player.

[quote author=irishred link=topic=40305.msg1163930#msg1163930 date=1282922344]
Who was our last loan signing? Anelka?
[/quote]

Some really shit Italian keeper 2-3 years ago I think

Medel's agent: '#LFC are keen on Gary now Mascherano has gone. He's an option for them.' --> Hmm, agent talk makes me instantly wary.

Gary Medel from Chile, supposed to be a very good defensive midfielder. Nickname: The Pitbull...

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1164020#msg1164020 date=1282930886]
Medel's agent: '#LFC are keen on Gary now Mascherano has gone. He's an option for them.' --> Hmm, agent talk makes me instantly wary.

Gary Medel from Chile, supposed to be a very good defensive midfielder. Nickname: The Pitbull...
[/quote]He was great in the WC. I think!

[quote author=jan link=topic=40305.msg1164088#msg1164088 date=1282933999]
I don't think he played at the WC
[/quote]Ok then whoever played as their CM in the world cup was great. We should get them!

If we sign him he should join forces with Ryan Babel and make a remix of this

E2tMV96xULk

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=40305.msg1164111#msg1164111 date=1282935130]
I think we need a Ricky van Wolfwinkle to complement a Gary 'The Pitbull' Medel.
[/quote]

...and recruit former Wolfsburg coach Wolfgang Wolf to train us to hunt in packs and give us a bit of bite in the middle of the park.

*Gets coat*

Fulham have bolstered their defence with the signing of Mexican international defender Carlos Salcido from PSV Eindhoven.

The 30-year-old, who can play in a number of positions but primarily operates as a left-back, has joined on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee, reportedly in the region of £1.6million.

[quote author=Dee link=topic=40305.msg1164231#msg1164231 date=1282942559]
Fulham have bolstered their defence with the signing of Mexican international defender Carlos Salcido from PSV Eindhoven.

The 30-year-old, who can play in a number of positions but primarily operates as a left-back, has joined on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee, reportedly in the region of £1.6million.
[/quote]

Fuck off. I'd have had him in a heartbeat.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=40305.msg1163890#msg1163890 date=1282919456]

^^^

nutshell.jpg

[/quote]
Shoudln't that be

Brazil_nut_DSC05478.JPG

?

From Andy Hunter in the Guardian...........

"The Liverpool manager hopes, however, to reinvest the fee in three new players – possibly Paul Konchesky, Ola Toivonen and a central midfielder – before Tuesday's transfer deadline......A deal for the Fulham defender Konchesky is expected to go through once Carlos Salcido completes his transfer from PSV Eindhoven to Craven Cottage, while Toivonen, the PSV forward, is under consideration. Konchesky, 29, will arrive in a £3m package, consisting of promising young Liverpool players Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic moving in the opposite direction plus cash.....The Standard Liège captain, Steven Defour, interests Hodgson but a deal for the coveted Belgium international appears unlikely. The central defender Daniel Ayala is joining Hull City on loan for the season while the highly rated Spanish forward, Daniel Pacheco, has agreed a two-year contract extension."

[quote author=tombrown link=topic=40305.msg1164256#msg1164256 date=1282944095]
[quote author=Fallon link=topic=40305.msg1163890#msg1163890 date=1282919456]

^^^

nutshell.jpg

[/quote]
Shoudln't that be

Brazil_nut_DSC05478.JPG

?

[/quote]

MMMMMmmm I'd love a bowl full of Brazil and Walnuts right now.

They get Salcido and we pay over the odds for Konchesky?!?!

It said in that article that Kacalinkic and Dalle Valle were also involved in that deal.... WTF..

Im pretty sure Medel played in the world cup - He plays for LEVERKUSEN. For those that play FM.. His stats are incredible!!

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=40305.msg1164484#msg1164484 date=1282957225]

It said in that article that Kacalinkic and Dalle Valle were also involved in that deal.... WTF..

Im pretty sure Medel played in the world cup - He plays for LEVERKUSEN. For those that play FM.. His stats are incredible!!

[/quote]

Must be thinking of Arturo Vidal...he could play nearly every position in FM.

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=40305.msg1164484#msg1164484 date=1282957225]

[/quote]

I read somewhere they are going in the opposite direction on loan. If we sell them as part of the konchesky deal, then we are fucking retarded

Squad clean up - who's left?

Out, so far:

Kristian Nemeth
Alberto Aquilani
Diego Cavalieri
Philipp Degen
Alberto Riera
Yossi Benayoun
David Martin
Robbie Threlfall
Mikel San Jose
Mascherano
Lauri Dalla Valle

Potential transfers:

Sotirios Kyrgiakos
Dirk Kuyt
Ryan Babel
Lucas
David N'Gog
Charles Itandje
Nabil El Zhar
Stephen Darby
Emiliano Insúa
Damien Plessis

Degen is apperantly out for a number of months. Good start at Stuttgart.

Glandular fever..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom