• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ultra defensive Utd getting outplayed by Real. Lindeløf with some shite defending for the goal

Mourinho has refined Pulisball. A team full of giant players looking to use the height advantage. They will be a menace at set pieces this season.

Mourinho has refined Pulisball. A team full of giant players looking to use the height advantage. They will be a menace at set pieces this season.

We did pretty much the same under GH - I remember the blueshite manager commenting on our physical size as a team - the early days when Didi was signed and the great Igor Biscan.

We did pretty much the same under GH - I remember the blueshite manager commenting on our physical size as a team - the early days when Didi was signed and the great Igor Biscan.
Heskey, Hyypia, Babbel, Hamann etc. To be fair other teams around that time had big players too.

True. But we did it on a budget. Mourinho's team is one of the most expensively assembled. I think they are going to be mightily effective this season though.

True. But we did it on a budget. Mourinho's team is one of the most expensively assembled. I think they are going to be mightily effective this season though.
Quite a few on here were tipping Mourihino's team last season, citing the signings of Pogba and that Swedish narcissist. That went well.

Utd continue to play some horrendously negative football, despite paying a gazillion for new players.
Awful to watch.

Utd continue to play some horrendously negative football, despite paying a gazillion for new players.
Awful to watch.
Yeah I agree. They seem to be playing bully ball with counter attacks. It's like Tony Pulis Stoke 2.0.

I've been quiet about Pogba, thinking he might need a season to adjust but he just hasn't lived up to the hype.

Arsenal still have European games to play (we didn't) and the Europa League is more of a hindrance to league prospects than the Champions league is. Add to that that Arsenal still don't have a decent DM'er and still only have one (Koscielny) decent CB. Lacazette might improve them but I suspect he won't.

As things stand I see Arsenal missing out on top 4 but won't be surprised if they focus on the Europa League by Spring once it becomes clear it's their best route to next season CL. Also it would enable Wenger to claim his first European trophy.

100% this, I fully expect Arsenal to win the Europa League, might put a tenner on it.

100% this, I fully expect Arsenal to win the Europa League, might put a tenner on it.

But there will be stiff competition for that trophy when Jose will try to win it second time in a row after clinging to that Third spot in their CL Group!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom