• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the general attitude towards McGuire on here but I really like him.

He may look slightly cumbersome and unelegant at first sight but he is deceptively fast, got great awareness and is also more than decent on the ball. I like him and he might even add another level to his game at a club like City - hoping Leicester keeps on to him.

Good player already and has the potential to get better still, BUT the fact that his left foot is only good for standing on would worry me if my club were looking at him.

Koulibaly is widely rated on here but personally I'm a bit sceptical. He's immensely strong and athletic but I'm not sure he's top Premiership class. Just right for ManUre in other words.

Not sure about the general attitude towards McGuire on here but I really like him.

He may look slightly cumbersome and unelegant at first sight but he is deceptively fast, got great awareness and is also more than decent on the ball. I like him and he might even add another level to his game at a club like City - hoping Leicester keeps on to him.

He’s like a Carragher +.

And my pint scored a 3/5.

Echo via Offal

Liverpool have no plans to make a move for £65 million-rated Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt this summer.
Translation - saving face as Barcelona have bought him

If VVD gets injured. We are fucked. We were lucky this year. But to be a top club you need 3 or 4 better than squad filler centre backs.

VvD, Gomez are locks
Matip played well in 2nd half of the season, but how much of that was down to VvD
Lovren no were near good enough.

I'm going out on a limb and saying if we dont get at least 1 marquee signing this summer. We can forget closing that 1 point gap. Look how that turned out for Spurs in the league from the season before.

Good player already and has the potential to get better still, BUT the fact that his left foot is only good for standing on would worry me if my club were looking at him.

Koulibaly is widely rated on here but personally I'm a bit sceptical. He's immensely strong and athletic but I'm not sure he's top Premiership class. Just right for ManUre in other words.

But what about in the Premier League? Rugby can do one.

It's all that quaffing of champagne at 30,000 feet on private jets. Plays havoc with your grammar.

Dont forget the potential jet lag and tiredness from opening new offices in Buenos Aires, Helsinki and Moscow. Bound to be some slip ups.

I would classify it as a language error, not a grammatical error. Grammar is defined as "the whole system and structure of a language or of languages in general, usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology (including inflections) and sometimes also phonology and semantics", which, to me, does not include incorrect use of, or misspelling of, words.

I would classify it as a language error, not a grammatical error. Grammar is defined as "the whole system and structure of a language or of languages in general, usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology (including inflections) and sometimes also phonology and semantics", which, to me, does not include incorrect use of, or misspelling of, words.

Fucking hell, this is painful

As a player he indeed ticks all the boxes – he could replace any of our front 3 probably without any noticeable drop-off in quality and it's especially would suit us that he prefers playing from the left, so Mane has the option of playing on the right or through the middle. I don't care about him being an ex-manc any more than I care about Salah having a similar failure to adapt at Chelsea a few seasons back. The only problem (but potentially a big one) is the reports about bad attitude. His stats also dropped off a bit compared to last season, as did Fekir's.

Last edited:
Liverpool are supposedly after Max Kruse according to Sport Witness. The 31 year old scored 11 goals and had 10 assists last season.

If we're looking for old reliable squad options that are free, why not Giroud?

[article]Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has revealed the six other football teams he enjoys watching when he gets the chance in a recent interview with Austrian/German sports streaming service DAZN.

Unsurprisingly, half of the teams are German - with his two former employers Borussia Dortmund and Mainz 05 both listed.

He also cites Werder Bremen, who were very unfortunate to be knocked out of the DFB Pokal Semi-Finals on Wednesday by Bayern Munich, as a team he likes to keep an eye on.

“Whenever I have time I like to watch Dortmund because I’m still connected with them,” Klopp told DAZN.

"Bremen I like to watch as well, but also Mainz – with them I’m still connected too. I also think it’s impressive the way they play under Sandro Schwarz.”
[/article]

The Kruse link probably came about cos Klopp mentioned he likes to watch Werder Bremen

Last edited:
I'm rapidly coming around to the idea of Depay joining.

We've had a lot of success buying more mature players in their mid 20s whose time has come, as it were.

Salah
Mane
Van Dijk
Wijnaldum

All done well from the off. Depay or Zaha are in the same category.

I've seen a few places say that Ziyech from Ajax is available for £25m due to a clause in his contract. That would be a smart signing, he looked great in the CL this year and would suit how we play.

and he has a great motor too - and can play in the front 3 positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom