• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equally amazing that some people can't discern the difference between Glen Johnson - owner of 55 international caps, 250 Premier league appearances, and over 30M in transfer value - and Jack Robinson - owner of a few 90's indie mixtapes.

One is black?

One is black?

resized_business-cat-meme-generator-iz-cuz-im-black-iznt-it-2a5a72.jpg

An underachiever who's never really justified the layout, by continuously putting in inconsistent performances littered with errors, poor concentration and a distinct lack of effort.

Amazing that people are often too eager to excuse, yet are willing to put the boot into anyone young and inexperienced in the same role, because they're not quite as fashionable.

Even more amazing that someone would bother to put any credence in caps for a country they have repeatedly criticised for their management and choice of squad. We could probably say the same about someone like Crouch in terms of International recognition, transfer fees and Premiership appearances, but that wouldn't be fashionable either, would it?

i suspect i am going to be in the minority with this but should we not be giving reina some minutes this pre season ? yeah i know he's for sale so people will say there is more benefit in giving the others time but lets be honest , he's probably not getting time because he pissed rodgers off .

Here's where Robinson sits in the left-back pecking order:

1. Flanagan
2. Enrique
3. Whatever new left-back we bring in before the transfer window closes
4. Glenjo
5. Agger, even if we've sold him
6. 3-5-2
7. Whatever new left-back we bring in before the January transfer window closes
8. Robinson.
You forgot Can.

Equally amazing that some people can't discern the difference between Glen Johnson - owner of 55 international caps, 250 Premier league appearances, and over 30M in transfer value - and Jack Robinson - owner of a few 90's indie mixtapes.

Johnson is a player in his 30s who wouldn't be getting many more England caps if there was a half decent replacement, who also has never fully justified the amounts paid for him (except maybe at Portsmouth) and was often outshone by a previously written of Jon fucking Flanagan last season. Just because he has all those appearances and international caps he shouldn't be getting more reprieves than someone like Robinson, he should be getting less.

Removed my reply in the Can thread and posting it here instead:

Sterling wasn't offside. It's hard to get the precise grab off the youtube clip, but if you watch again, you'll see the guy with the black dot under him playing him on. The capture here is about a split second after Can released the ball, but the defender was just slowly jogging back and Sterling wasn't behind the backline when the ball was played to him.

JGNA4ET.jpg

Goal was offside by at least two yards. The grass there is not cut horizontally across the field, but diagonally. The assistant is approximately level.

Great finish though. Pass was just a little slow getting released.

Gene I was thinking about you when the game was on.
I hoped we won more for your wee one than anything else.
Glad she enjoyed it. Pens is a great dramatic first game for a new fan!!

Ps-On the tv it sounded like Citeh were boo'd as they were coming out and Liverpool cheered onto the pitch.
Is that right? Why is that do you think?

I think it was just because there were so many American fans there and they were really keen to show that the stadium was dominated by us or something. Fans acted a bit like it was a panto at times, booing things but then clapping if a city player did something cool!

I remember in one of the crowd shots, there was a guy in a Utd shirt.

That was a bit bizarre.

There was a man utd fan and three Chelsea fans sitting near me at the Roma match. Interestingly it was the Chelsea fans who got abuse.

Goal was offside by at least two yards. The grass there is not cut horizontally across the field, but diagonally. The assistant is approximately level.

Great finish though. Pass was just a little slow getting released.

Good spot. I noticed that just now when I was checking the match highlights clip and was hoping that nobody would catch me and I'll keep the like I received. ;D

Glen doesn't play like a the " owner of 55 international caps, 250 Premier league appearances, and over 30M in transfer value". He plays like he couldn't give a shit. I was one of his biggest fans but we need better a RB. I thought the Glen of late would be a player you'd hate? The basics of defending seem a chore for him.

Robinson isn't the answer. I don't want him anywhere near our first team. Yeah he was skinned by Navas, a player who is lightning fast. Jack Robinson won't be the last player to be burned down the line by that kick and run merchant. I'd forgive him that. He'll be at Blackpool or some other championship team on loan in a few weeks anyway.

Easier to forgive a kid like Robinson than Johnson who fair outweighs him with experience and talent. It's not as if Glen had a one off average game. He's been in a slump for two years now.

Glen doesn't play like a the " owner of 55 international caps, 250 Premier league appearances, and over 30M in transfer value". He plays like he couldn't give a shit. I was one of his biggest fans but we need better a RB. I thought the Glen of late would be a player you'd hate? The basics of defending seem a chore for him.

Robinson isn't the answer. I don't want him anywhere near our first team. Yeah he was skinned by Navas, a player who is lightning fast. Jack Robinson won't be the last player to be burned down the line by that kick and run merchant. I'd forgive him that. He'll be at Blackpool or some other championship team on loan in a few weeks anyway.

Easier to forgive a kid like Robinson than Johnson who fair outweighs him with experience and talent. It's not as if Glen had a one off average game. He's been in a slump for two years now.

We need a new left back. But if Robinson has a good pre season he can get a decent loan somewhere, not Blackpool.
Its a win - win. Either he improves dramatically or we get at least a fee for him next summer.

I'm more concerned about who we're targeting as our new left back tbh. Bertrand/Davies etc are not impressive...

Johnson has been shit for 2 years now. Even Agger has better awarness of whats going on around him.

In fairness to Robinson, he was left pretty much on his own to defend down that side. Sterling only helped a couple of times. Still when Sakho came on we looked much more assured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom