• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can lose to Milan and still be in the final. If head-to-heads count. As we'd get 1 point and then no-one can top that total.

Confusing as fuck. It looks like if a game is decided by penalties, the winner gets 2 points, while the loser gets 1. If it's a regulation time win, the winner gets 3 points. Explains our 5 points and City's 4 now (table is updated now).

Oh well, I don't mind having another pre-season game to watch, however this goes.

Yeah, we're fine without Suarez.

Considering half that side won't be first choice this season, this is a fair dig at why we were struggling against the reigning Premiership champions, before eventually going on to win.

Not that I don't think we need a striker, but no one has really said we're 'ok'. Predictably kneejerk.

god we're shit without suarez.

replies: 0

Yeah, we're fine without Suarez.

Oh just piss off. Problem was midfield and defence, don't recall seeing Suarez in those positions very often.

Considering half that side won't be first choice this season, this is a fair dig at why we were struggling against the reigning Premiership champions, before eventually going on to win.

Not that I don't think we need a striker, but no one has really said we're 'ok'. Predictably kneejerk.

Removed my reply in the Can thread and posting it here instead:

Sterling wasn't offside. It's hard to get the precise grab off the youtube clip, but if you watch again, you'll see the guy with the black dot under him playing him on. The capture here is about a split second after Can released the ball, but the defender was just slowly jogging back and Sterling wasn't behind the backline when the ball was played to him.

JGNA4ET.jpg

Removed my reply in the Can thread and posting it here instead:

Sterling wasn't offside. It's hard to get the precise grab off the youtube clip, but if you watch again, you'll see the guy with the black dot under him playing him on. The capture here is about a split second after Can released the ball, but the defender was just slowly jogging back and Sterling wasn't behind the backline when the ball was played to him.

JGNA4ET.jpg

Okay.

Some thoughts:

Robinson did very well imho. Rodgers has said he's been impressed with him and his attitude.

Can, Sterling, Hendo and Sakho all changed the game

Sturridge looked sharper but needs to get a few goals

Great pre season game. Just what you need before the season kicks off.

Confidence booster for the entire team but especially for Ming. Great saves and hopefully he kicks on.

Some thoughts:

Robinson did very well imho. Rodgers has said he's been impressed with him and his attitude.

Erm, were there 2 Robinson's on the pitch? You can't be talking about Jack Robinson surely?

Cos Navas made a rip-roaring cunt out of the Robinson I was watching. He got absolutely fucking rinsed Hansern, so what are you on about?

Erm, were there 2 Robinson's on the pitch? You can't be talking about Jack Robinson surely?

Cos Navas made a rip-roaring cunt out of the Robinson I was watching. He got absolutely fucking rinsed Hansern, so what are you on about?

Just watched the game now and I thought he had a good game. Getting ran past by Navas a few times doesnt change that. He's still a 20 year old kid.
Supported well and looked pretty decent.
Rather continue with him than pay 10 mill for Bertrand.

Exactly

He's not a new English signing mate, you cant have a go at him. ;)

The great thing about football is that you can have different opinions.
I thought Robinson was a positive from last night, will be interesting to see him for the rest of pre season.
Rodgers comments back that up..

I know, posted about it yesterday.

As said earlier, rather continue with Robinson than spend anything on someone of Bertrands quality.

Here's where Robinson sits in the left-back pecking order:

1. Flanagan
2. Enrique
3. Whatever new left-back we bring in before the transfer window closes
4. Glenjo
5. Agger, even if we've sold him
6. 3-5-2
7. Whatever new left-back we bring in before the January transfer window closes
8. Robinson.

1. Flanagan
2. Enrique
4. Glenjo
6. 3-5-2
8. Robinson.
Lol.

1. Flanagan
2. Enrique
4. Glenjo
6. 3-5-2
8. Robinson.

Christ. Were the pink shorts dirty today?

Well that was a great fun night. My daughter had a blast and sang her heart out.

Sterling was brilliant when he came on and with Sakho and Can changed the match.
Gene I was thinking about you when the game was on.
I hoped we won more for your wee one than anything else.
Glad she enjoyed it. Pens is a great dramatic first game for a new fan!!

Ps-On the tv it sounded like Citeh were boo'd as they were coming out and Liverpool cheered onto the pitch.
Is that right? Why is that do you think?

1. Flanagan
2. Enrique
4. Glenjo
6. 3-5-2
8. Robinson.

You forgot Emre Can and Sakho....

And there's always Aly Cissokho itching to get another go with us.

City were more or less boo'd the entire match , even during the penalty shoutout . No idea why beyond the commentator simply stating that liverpool fans massively outweighed city fans

1. Flanagan
2. Enrique
4. Glenjo
6. 3-5-2
8. Robinson.

Just to add to this while I've got the time.
The point is that if we were supposed to sign Bertrand I'd rather we went with Robinson.
10 mill for Bertrand wont improve the first team.

We obviously need a new left back but it has to be someone who improves us.
Writing off a 20 year old kid is stupid and Flanagan is the prime example.
If Robinson can have a positive pre season we could get a good loan move for him. Not Blackpool but a decent playing team. Øow placed Premier league or a good Championship side.

If he could come back next year and replace Enrique it would be great.
We'd have a good young up and coming full back and whoever quality player we bring in now.
If he doesnt improve that much we might get a decent fee for him.

Win - win

City were more or less boo'd the entire match , even during the penalty shoutout . No idea why beyond the commentator simply stating that liverpool fans massively outweighed city fans

I remember in one of the crowd shots, there was a guy in a Utd shirt.

That was a bit bizarre.

Amazing that the same posters laying into Robinson for getting beaten for pace by one of the quickest players in the league, are the same ones who've given Glen Johnson a lifetime reprieve for getting out-foxed continuously by the slowest, untalented cunts in the league.

Amazing that the same posters laying into Robinson for getting beaten for pace by one of the quickest players in the league, are the same ones who've given Glen Johnson a lifetime reprieve for getting out-foxed continuously by the slowest, untalented cunts in the league.

Equally amazing that some people can't discern the difference between Glen Johnson - owner of 55 international caps, 250 Premier league appearances, and over 30M in transfer value - and Jack Robinson - owner of a few 90's indie mixtapes.

Equally amazing that some people can't discern the difference between Glen Johnson - owner of 55 international caps, 250 Premier league appearances, and over 30M in transfer value - and Jack Robinson - owner of a few 90's indie mixtapes.
Couldn't say it better myself. I actually couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom