• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wernot gonna get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliott to be our Sancho?

Now Joyce has joined the FSG spin doctors. What absolute bollocks. When was it an either/or issue? Either bring in proven talent 'or' bring on the young talent in the squad? The latter was going to happen anyway. Do they think people are idiots? This is patronising nonsense.

It only seems like last summer that we were saying that we didn't need to buy a striker because of how exciting a prospect Rhyan Brewester was

He is but he's lost about two years through injury and now half a season on loan because of THIS. He'll be in contention in another year or so. But now we need serious signings.

BBC saying he wanted guarantees about playing time in addition to the financial package

I'm pretty sure he didn't ask for any guarantees from us. Look at his many comments about us prior to the deal not happening. But maybe when he looked at Chelski he told his agent to be as demanding as possible and see what happens. (Incidentally, they say Lampard phoned him just about every day for a month - what the hell did he say each time? 'Hello, it's Fwank again, will you sign for us?' That would drive you crazy every day. So he must have mixed it up a bit. 'Hello, it's Fwank again. Cor, what about that Madonna, eh? She's weird!' 'Hello, it's Fwank again. Hot, innit?' 'Hello, it's Fwank again...um...what are you wearing?')

We didn't sign him because we're skint.

As Macca says, there's comments from him previously that stated he would be okay with biding his time to get into our team.

We pulled out of the deal because there's nothing to spend.

No grudges towards Werner.

He's 24 - the next few seasons are key for his development to become a truly top tier player - and that won't happen with limited playing time for at least 12 months at Liverpool.

He's well within his rights to seek these assurances and we are well within our rights to be honest with him and manage his expectations.

It would have been a shit show if we promised him the world just to sign him - and then have him on the bench.

We didn't sign him because we're skint.

As Macca says, there's comments from him previously that stated he would be okay with biding his time to get into our team.

We pulled out of the deal because there's nothing to spend.

That's what I think too.

But a couple of shrewd signings could also do the trick.

I wonder how much Traore or Neves would cost.

No grudges towards Werner.

He's 24 - the next few seasons are key for his development to become a truly top tier player - and that won't happen with limited playing time for at least 12 months at Liverpool.

He's well within his rights to seek these assurances and we are well within our rights to be honest with him and manage his expectations.

It would have been a shit show if we promised him the world just to sign him - and then have him on the bench.
^^^ Truth

As for assuming were skint based on nothing but not signing Werner (see @Halmeister) I'd argue the opposite. Sure the virus has fucked up everyone bar the oil party but ask yourself this - We spent nothing in the last couple of transfer windows before any of this Captain Tripps craziness decended upon us. Not because we were skint in my opinion it's because who the fuck could we bring in to even attempt to displace what is arguably the finest team of redmen ever in the PL? Rumours of Mane grumblings aside everyone is happy it seems (again based on nothing really)

I have no doubt however that Werner will be good for Chelski though (based on nothing at all).

In essense I know nothing. As a few out there should be wise enough to admit themselves. Oh hang on this is a forum isn't it.... Note to self. "Opinion and truth are not the same thing" :)

BBC saying he wanted guarantees about playing time in addition to the financial package

Thats it, hes gone too far. Last week he had the nerve to ask for wages, this week he wants games, is there no end to his fictitious demands? Weve dodged a bullet there lads.

The club needs to stop, we passed on him, we need to move on and stop feeding negative stories to the press. This is turning into a cringeworthy Barca/Real style media campaign to convince the fans to turn against him. We will make up our own minds when we see him at Chelsea next season.

I think the board would sanction one signing.. especially if we are selling some players.

I'm hoping we have an ace up our sleeve in someone like Havertz or Koulibaly. Those two would definitely improve our team. Neves too.

I can only imagine that Klopp wants to see where the chips land at the end of the season before making any decisions.

Clever from Chelsea to make some big outlays whilst FFP is paused, i imagine they are going heavy on the up front payments to get as much off the books as possible whilst its a free hit. Chaos if they sign any more.

Chelsea gonna look good next season. Hopefully they don’t get Havertz too.

Yes definitely, that front 3 is excellent, albeit inexperienced and inconsistent (Werner aside).

If they all click and hit the ground running that will be an exciting forward line. Chelsea have pretty good squad depth as well.

Clever from Chelsea to make some big outlays whilst FFP is paused, i imagine they are going heavy on the up front payments to get as much off the books as possible whilst its a free hit. Chaos if they sign any more.
FFP wouldn’t matter for them anyway would it? They’ve had their transfer ban, spent zero and got somewhere around 150m+ for Hazard and Morata right?

Yeah, they’ve got some room to maneuver with Hazard last summer and Morata off the books this summer.

Their defence and goalkeeper arent great though, but very good squad overall.

That's what I think too.

But a couple of shrewd signings could also do the trick.

I wonder how much Traore or Neves would cost.

They'd probably cost what Werner would have cost. If not more. There's no chance.

^^^ Truth

As for assuming were skint based on nothing but not signing Werner (see @Halmeister) I'd argue the opposite. Sure the virus has fucked up everyone bar the oil party but ask yourself this - We spent nothing in the last couple of transfer windows before any of this Captain Tripps craziness decended upon us. Not because we were skint in my opinion it's because who the fuck could we bring in to even attempt to displace what is arguably the finest team of redmen ever in the PL? Rumours of Mane grumblings aside everyone is happy it seems (again based on nothing really)

I have no doubt however that Werner will be good for Chelski though (based on nothing at all).

In essense I know nothing. As a few out there should be wise enough to admit themselves. Oh hang on this is a forum isn't it.... Note to self. "Opinion and truth are not the same thing" :)

It's not based on nothing. Corona virus has clearly taken a massive chunk out of anything we might have spent. And FSG have never been the most frivolous spenders. Net spend is boring, but somewhat relevant. They've spent on average about 20m every season they've been here.

And obviously the club could be bullshitting, but everything they're telling the press (my mate works at the Echo) indicates that there won't be much to spend, if anything.

We clearly would have signed Werner if it wasn't for this virus.

I read somewhere they they wanted the entire clause paying upfront, 12mill in agent fees, 175k a week, but no guarantee on playing time. So it's the money that put us right off then, can't blame them for rinsing chelsea and taking the piss.

He’s worth the fee though, and would have been a very good signing. You can hope he’ll fail at Chelsea but its written in the oil covered stars that he’ll be a success..

I think the board would sanction one signing.. especially if we are selling some players.

I'm hoping we have an ace up our sleeve in someone like Havertz or Koulibaly. Those two would definitely improve our team. Neves too.

I can only imagine that Klopp wants to see where the chips land at the end of the season before making any decisions.

If we are short on funds meaning we have to sell to buy and can only bring in one established top level player we would be insane to make Koulibaly the target. Dont get me wrong hes fantastic but its our strongest area in terms of depth. We have no real cover for Mané or either full back. We still have no Coutinho replacement attacking midfielder who can split the opposition defences which was supposed to be Fekir.

Unless Matip is moving on a top CB shouldnt be on the agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom