• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who has impressed the most pre-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac Allister and SoBossLa will take our midfielders up levels. Our forwards look to be in great shape. We’re gonna score shit loads of goals. Not sure about our stability at the back though, but that’s covered in 78 other threads.

Ben Doak.
Darwin Nunez
Alexis (although he did have a very average game against Bayern)

In that order.

The fucking spastic missed a sitter against Bayern.
Name me one striker - even Messi - who hasn't on a regular basis? Top strikers only score on an average of 25% of goal scoring chances. Much lower than people seem to think. How many golden opportunities did Haarland miss last season? I can remember at least half a dozen from the top goal scorer in the planet.

The 6CM fans, to still be positive after the yearly BS transfer served up so far by FSG again.

The medical team - no-one has died yet.
Medical Team (sat twiddling their thumbs) : we need to add a little laxative to the canteen meals. Once we've got them back in the lab recovery room we can get to work finding all sorts of undiscovered medical issues, to justify our salaries.

Already tried breaking Alexi and gave us a scare with Szobo picking up a knock.

They can fuck off.

They’ve shown a marked improvement from last preseasons carnage.

We could employ Jesus himself and he wouldn’t be able to heal Thiago - but Konate & Jota still breathing is welcome.

He is when he plays through the middle. IMO he's less effective when he starts from a wide position. I'd definitely prefer Diaz for the left hand side.

Personally I'm just glad Jota and Diaz are both looking sharp and amongst the goals after their injuries. Given the inevitable defensive issues and leaky back line then having that firepower back for this season is super important.

I've been happy with Szobozslais work rate, pressing, recoveries and tactical fouls.

Mac Allister has imposed himself nicely in possession, but i think he can impact more off the ball.

VVD looks improved. Hopefully the captaincy and the summer break can give him a welcome boost. Jurys still out on that.

Nunez looks better pressing off the ball, but I've seen nothing more to suggest he's not put fifth choice forward currently. His link up with Salah is decent, but I'm concerned he's been turning down opportunities to shoot. He needs to back himself of his finishing is to improve.

The 6 issue and Trent is the obvious issue. Bayern scored 4 goals down one side. Konate helps, but he's not superman. The weaknesses are so glaring and every opposition manager will be looking to exploit us as Bayern were able to. Thankfully not everyone has their quality, but it's going to hurt us most weeks.

The 6 issue and Trent is the obvious issue. Bayern scored 4 goals down one side. Konate helps, but he's not superman. The weaknesses are so glaring and every opposition manager will be looking to exploit us as Bayern were able to. Thankfully not everyone has their quality, but it's going to hurt us most weeks.

Szoboszlai at RCM (as opposed to LCM he played vs Bayern) should help somewhat – he is the only midfielder we have with pace and desire to get back when we are opened up in transition. Also, Robertson played more of a hybrid LB/LCB role, which forced Van Dijk to move left to close the gap – a proper LCB or even Gomez in that role would help the 3 CBs move more as a unit ensuring that space is covered and there are no gaps in between.

Last edited:
Not sure about the obvious weakness at 6 hurting us that badly. We went 11 matches unbeaten at the end of last season and yes Fabs & Hendo are now deceased (not exactly team defining in that run anyway) but Mac & Szobo are going to improve us a lot so whoever plays in that 6 slot (Lavia, Mac, Thiago) should have far less work to do than the lads last season.
And although the team has a 'Keeganesque' feel to it at present I'm confident that Klopp and the new boys (Inc. Lavia or whoever) will solidify that side.

Interesting to see many pundits tipping us to finish 3rd.

Without wanting to start another thread, but rather add to this thread, what has pre-season shown you?
And for me; Our attack looks great, and we should have buried Bayern. Nunez should have had a hatrick, but because he has scored other games, I am not worried.
Salah's performances as a playmaker was the most eye opening. It was almost Ozil-esk
The MF
Mac Ali and Big Dom were great, and imagine how much better they'd be if we had a 6 and CM as cover.
Trent and CJ are not a 6 and Bobby Clark isn't ready beyond 10-15 minutes during the end of matches when legs are tired may be

The Defence.
A cluster-fuck waiting to happen. Trent isn't a great defender, Konate is injury prone, Gomez looks like a deer in the headlights and Matip is nearing a state pension. Nat is leaving. Either recruit a CB or don't sell Nats

Without wanting to start another thread, but rather add to this thread, what has pre-season shown you?
And for me; Our attack looks great, and we should have buried Bayern. Nunez should have had a hatrick, but because he has scored other games, I am not worried.
Salah's performances as a playmaker was the most eye opening. It was almost Ozil-esk
The MF
Mac Ali and Big Dom were great, and imagine how much better they'd be if we had a 6 and CM as cover.
Trent and CJ are not a 6 and Bobby Clark isn't ready beyond 10-15 minutes during the end of matches when legs are tired may be

The Defence.
A cluster-fuck waiting to happen. Trent isn't a great defender, Konate is injury prone, Gomez looks like a deer in the headlights and Matip is nearing a state pension. Nat is leaving. Either recruit a CB or don't sell Nats
Poor Nat.

giphy.gif

Jota looks good and finished the season well, would start with him on left and bring on Diaz after 60mins. We look fluid and interchangeable no 6 onwards. Just wish we would get a no 6, it would unlock our season. Not much to ask LFC, just do a crowd fund to get what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom