• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who Is The Worst Player To Have A Decent Career?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bendtner absolutely belongs in this thread.

He's Captain
I am not sure I understand the premise then - I get it he's been nowhere near as good as he proclaimed he'd be himself but he's scored a lot of goals for Arsenal and Denmark which are also the only teams he's represented for a longer period in time. 30 Int goals in 60 matches or thereabouts which are pretty much the same avg as Wayne Rooney for England.

I get it he's easy to 'hate' and ridicule but he's actually a talented footballer with obvious key attributes. And then he has made and uncanny amount of stupid calls off the pitch ruining it for himself.

We have had a couple mentioned in here, such as Joe Cole above, that sadly has me thinking... Peter Crouch.

Where does Crouchy rank in all this? Liverpool was his zenith, but it was all much of a muchness pre and post. I like the guy, but I'm starting to think he might squeak into this club we are forming.

He's on 190 goals in 645 appearances, which puts him in Heskey territory.

Crouch might've been a bit lucky to get to play for a club as big as Liverpool but I personally don' think he has been pushing above his weight in general terms.

- For a big fella he's got a great touch..

Last edited:
Joe Cole can't be listed in a thread like this. He was a talented player. He earned a move to Chelsea where he won a good few medals. He made that PFA team of the year around that time too.

We should be listing players who seem to have 'stolen' a career in football not skillful players who have done well for club and country.

Christophe Dugarry.
World Cup Winner with France.
Milan
Barcelona
Bordeaux
Birmingham City

Inexplicably signed as a striker for great Milan and Barca sides. His career stats 368apps/62gls.
Found his true level at Birmingham, but what a great resume.

Bolo Zenden.
PSV
Barcelona
Chelsea
Liverpool
Marseille

Bang average, no pace winger.
He was a lot quicker before he moved to us. I think he suffered some injuries at Chelsea.

Nevertheless he wasn't good enough for Barca, and another of the long list of Dutch players that benefited from van Gaals bias.

Carlton Cole.

In a few years time Adnan Januzaj will take the captaincy off Bendtner, it's hard to believe that 18 months ago 3 or 4 International teams were trying to convince him to play for them and Hodgson was checking to see if he was eligible to play for England.

Christ, that's extraordinary. I knew he was bad, but never quite knew the extent of it. The Everton game in that compilation... he's at fault for about 4 goals. In one game!

Scored against us, obviously, the shitcunt.

You know who literally robbed a career? Winston Bogarde. Didn't he literally sit out his contract at Chelsea.

Gary Stevens. All he ever did was wait until the left midfielder was on him, then he'd either hoof it long or knock it to Trevor Steven.

An England midfield of Andy Sinton, Carlton Palmer, Geoff Thomas and Tony Daley takes some beating. Put Tony Dorigo at left back, Keith Curle right back, Alan Smith up front (that shit one, not the other shit one), Chris Woods in nets. Euro 92.
Fucking hell.
All shite players but I guess playing for your country qualifies as success.

@Khalido is owning this thread. My memory is so shit; I've been trying to remember who was the plodding centre-forward for 98 France and couldn't and Zenden is also a great shout, although he was not so bad at one point.

I will throw in Alessandro Matri. Juventus, Lazio, Fiorentina, AC Milan twice, 7 caps for the national team – only one decent season to show for it, rest of the time he played like a classic poacher, Inzaghi without the goals. Infuriatingly bad.

Last edited:
@Khalido is owning this thread. My memory is so shit; I've been trying to remember who was the plodding centre-forward for 98 France and couldn't and Zenden is also a great shout, although he was not so bad at one point.

I will throw in Alessandro Matri. Juventus, Lazio, Fiorentina, AC Milan twice, 7 caps for the national team – only one decent season to show for it, rest of the time he played like a classic poacher, Inzaghi without the goals. Infuriatingly bad.
That's a shout

A typical Matri performance. You have to understand that he hardly does anything else of use on the pitch other than get on the end of chances and gloriously miss them:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom