• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Any excitement for the new season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmishra

Very Well-Known
Generally, I'm very excited and hopeful on opening day, but that's kinda evaporated over the last 2 years.

Last year was shit given that we had had a terrible window. This year I just feel tired of it all.

Who's in the same boat?

I always enjoy watching us but see it more as a when not an if where the season becomes a snooze fest to City being the first ever team to win 4 in a row.

It’s horrible.

Yeah City are worse than Utd were in their pomp - it’s all very robotic.

As for us, it always depended on whether we rebuild and plug the gaps. This pre season has just demonstrated that we haven’t (yet).

Generally, I'm very excited and hopeful on opening day, but that's kinda evaporated over the last 2 years
Surely it's not 2 years though? Weren't we chasing four trophies up until May 2022?

Agreed, last pre-season was extremely disappointing and it didn't improve much. This year, we've had two strong signings, moved a few on, and our other recent new players will be bedding in. Even our younger players have another year under their belt.

Ignoring the Caceido fiasco, and lack of DM and CB cover, I'm still cautiously optimistic. So despite any negativity, let's get behind the team, at the matches and also here. We'll have enough haters, so let's not hate ourselves. YNWA

Starting to think this must be how a fan of Hibs or Motherwell feels at the start of each season.

I’m excited. Looking forward to some good games and seeing how our new midfield pans out. I’m even looking forward to hearing Lineker, Wright and Shearer tonight!

Everton are pretty fortunate that Luton and Sheffield United look like dead certs to get battered most of the year.

Leaving one of Everton, Forrest, Burnley or West Ham to go down.

I’m excited. Looking forward to some good games and seeing how our new midfield pans out. I’m even looking forward to hearing Lineker, Wright and Shearer tonight!
Agree with you first two sentences, not so much the third.

It's going to be like Klopps first season if we don't strengthen.

Score lots. Concede lots, there will be games we don't score at all but we will still concede.

I’m excited, a sucker for new season and still grateful for the team we managed to build over last 6yrs and to what’s left of them.
Would have been more so optimistic if we had did what we promised it seems and signed the gaps in the squad which are si obvious and not unreasonable but again seem to have failed.

Regardless, excited to see how we line up and play. Only 3 more seasons with Klopp to go so want to enjoy each it to the max regardless.

Mixed emotions. Had been looking forward to the season but wouldn't go so far as to say excited.

The possibility of getting Caicedo actually stirred something in me but this confusing and depressing transfer saga has now sucked out any remaining enthusiasm I've had.

Yeah that's not gonna happen.
Sheff U and Luton look like absolute certainties for relegation.
Forest, Everton, Bournemouth, Fulham might be thereabouts too. So it's gonna be a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom