• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

ASHES - 2015!

Terrible from England. It would be nice to see some sort of partnership though. Sadly it looks like my day at Lords tomorrow is a no go. :( Roll on Edgbaston!

Terrible from England. It would be nice to see some sort of partnership though. Sadly it looks like my day at Lords tomorrow is a no go. :( Roll on Edgbaston!

On the bright side lucky I didn't decide to come over for tomorrow :)

If the Aussies can play like that while they're at each other's throats, what will they be like if they manage to get a harmonious dressing-room?

If the Aussies can play like that while they're at each other's throats, what will they be like if they manage to get a harmonious dressing-room?

That's true - They played brilliantly but I have to say the toss was a good one to win.

37 Overs on a pitch like that! and another stupid run out. At least we have a week to regroup and rest up the bowlers. Well bowled Australia, I don't know about opening old wounds - we should be opening the coaching manual after that abortion.

Cricketers should be fined when they get run out like that. One of my pet peeves in sport.

I wonder if the ashes could inspire an SCM cricket match.
My money is on @Skullflower claiming to bowl leg breakers.
A word of warning, I am particularly strong on the off side.
Whatever that means.

That's true - They played brilliantly but I have to say the toss was a good one to win.

Catches win matches, we dropped ours when it really mattered, Rodgers on 0 Smith on 50, take 338 runs from their first innings and we have a different game altogether. Not easy chances but could have been taken. I would get Bell out of the slip cordon pdq. Back to Spain for some catching practice. Bairstow is averaging over a hundred in the county championship and scored another ton yesterday, must be due another chance soon.

Just to be clear RA, and Doctor-Mac while I'm at it, this was my original post:

"It's gone very quiet, wonder why"

To which you took massive affront and was befitting of your rant above, in addition to your earlier claim that itt "just isn't cricket".

Allow me to remind you of the posts that came post the Cardiff-test, which not only did you not deride as "classless" and "not cricket", but you also happened to give some of them a like...

So yeah, fucking do one you pair.

Though you still did go missing when the Aussies were crashing out of the game in Cardiff, which makes the 'gone quiet in here' comment, a tad rich. That was all I was saying. You're absolutely right that you have the slagging rights in this thread now though. That's absolutely fair.

What an awful awful batting display - probably one of the worst england displays you could possibly get the chance to witness live. Have to say I was seriously impressed with the Aussies in the morning session - it was great to watch. Relaxed batting showing that if you play shots you can disrupt bowlers and score freely. By blocking so intently i think we let the Aussie bowlers get into too much of a rhythm. I'm not saying we should have tried to chase, but I would want a batter to play a few shots to get his eye in rather than leave, leave, leave, leave, edge.

Series on but i'm worried that this Aussie bowling attack may have found some mojo and Marsh has taken some big wickets in this game which have been pivotal. Great chance for Watto!

I stand by that. No cunt gave us any chance whatsoever, and we may yet lose 1-4. I don't give a fuck. I was always going to enjoy any moment in this series where we could shut their fucking traps, and I had one.

I will also add that the concept of supporting a side because they are playing a side I hate is fairly foreign to me. I can't enjoy a vicarious win properly, it feels a bit dirty to me.

I stand by that. No cunt gave us any chance whatsoever, and we may yet lose 1-4. I don't give a fuck. I was always going to enjoy any moment in this series where we could shut their fucking traps, and I had one.

I will also add that the concept of supporting a side because they are playing a side I hate is fairly foreign to me. I can't enjoy a vicarious win properly, it feels a bit dirty to me.

Good for you, immense morals you've got there.

I've lived here for 10 years, am an Australian citizen and hold their passport, so I support them for natural reasons rather than an conceived hatred towards England.

Not moralistic at all. It's just how I feel. I have lived here for 18 years and also hold the passport.
I am an Englishman though, and naturally was overjoyed (and fucking hammered) when I posted that.
Your 'touché' comment was minor compared to most of the shit I've copped and I'll take it on the chin all day long. I wouldn't have it any other way.. Just wanted to point out that I can take it as well as dish it out.

Oh, and while I'm under no illusions that we were anything other than outplayed and outclassed, I won't be posting my congratulations to the Australian side in this thread to appease you, because get fucked.

I am particularly strong on the off side.
Whatever that means.

It means if you are right handed and whack the ball to the right it means you are pretty good hitting it in that area. A left hander hitting it to the left is the same. Hitting it the opposite way is called the leg or the on side.

This concept has baffled my best mate and cricket going buddy for nearly 20 years! :D

It means if you are right handed and whack the ball to the right it means you are pretty good hitting it in that area. A left hander hitting it to the left is the same. Hitting it the opposite way is called the leg or the on side.

This concept has baffled my best mate and cricket going buddy for nearly 20 years! :D

I know what it means.
I was being facetious.
Frankly I am surprised at you.:)

I know what it means.
I was being facetious.
Frankly I am surprised at you.:)

Ha! Fair enough - You'd be surprised by the amount of hardened cricket fans that fail to understand the names of basic field settings though.

Ha! Fair enough - You'd be surprised by the amount of hardened cricket fans that fail to understand the names of basic field settings though.

I also understand the difference between gully and slip now.
:cool:

Not moralistic at all. It's just how I feel. I have lived here for 18 years and also hold the passport.
I am an Englishman though, and naturally was overjoyed (and fucking hammered) when I posted that.
Your 'touché' comment was minor compared to most of the shit I've copped and I'll take it on the chin all day long. I wouldn't have it any other way.. Just wanted to point out that I can take it as well as dish it out.

Fair enough.

Aye - I lived in Oz for 4 years and am married to one. All is banter at the end of the day - A little tricky when your missus starts dishing it out though! I copped loads during the whitewash (both of them!) :-(

Anyway bring it on. Edgbaston should (hopefully) prove a completely different kettle of fish than Lords.

I don't see any reason why not. He's in tip top form. The question of Ali moving up to 3 has me worried though.

Back
Top Bottom