• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

ASHES - 2015!

Root is a really fine all-round cricketer. I just hope for his and England's sake he doesn't get saddled with the captaincy prematurely.

Gotta love how quickly the momentum can change. Great bowling from Johnson but Root gave away his wicket. Too many of those in this innings. This was a really good opportunity to get a score on the board and put the Aussies under pressure but a lead of ~100 is pretty meaningless if we're all out during day 2. Hoping for Ali to get a score but I think a lead of 150 is about as good as we can expect from here.

The amount of batters that have thrown their wicket away is astonishing. Why the fuck Buttler didn't review is beyond me. Awesome viewing though no matter who you support. I'd be mildy happy with a lead of 100+ at this point.

Gotta love how quickly the momentum can change. Great bowling from Johnson but Root gave away his wicket. Too many of those in this innings. This was a really good opportunity to get a score on the board and put the Aussies under pressure but a lead of ~100 is pretty meaningless if we're all out during day 2. Hoping for Ali to get a score but I think a lead of 150 is about as good as we can expect from here.

We can but hope - though this is what it's all about - you cannot beat cricket for prolonged tension!

You cannot take your eyes ( or ears in my case! ) off this, just as Spawney Warner begin to wrest the initiative Finn seizes it back with 2 in 2. Win or lose this is fantastic nailbiting stuff

Indeed! Warners innings has been immense but that was masterful bowling by Finn.

Edit: Marsh Gone!!! :D

My only regret is that I've got a long journey tomorrow and was really looking forward to listening to the commentary. This has been a crazy Test Match.

Jimmy potentially injured but I wouldn't be disappointed to have Broad, Wood, Finn and Stokes bowling to be honest!

Jimmy potentially injured but I wouldn't be disappointed to have Broad, Wood, Finn and Stokes bowling to be honest!
I'm gutted - All reports are that he is out. Watching him yesterday was majestic. The finest bowler I've ever seen. Unplayable when he hits his rhythm. Horrid luck. Still the Aussies were gash in pretty much every facet in this test (we'll see what happens tomorrow) England deserve to be 2-1 up by tomorrow.

Oh and Starc was a fucking shower and Clarke looks completely lost!

Finn will always be a gamble - it only takes one tiny element in his run up or action to get slightly out of sync and the whole thing goes awry - but he was brilliant yesterday and it couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. A real pity about Anderson, I hope he plays again this series but it doesn't look good.

Well that was a day of cricket.

Just constantly torturous bowling from England, combined with some diabolical batting from Australia and all of a sudden it's 2-1 England.

A series dominated mostly by it's continued ineptitude really, but an exciting one nonetheless.

The pessimist in me won't be ruling out Australia until we've won it - we haven't bowled them out yet and I will be shitting myself if we need more than 100 runs - they cannot bowl as badly as they did in the first innings

edit I thought I would see what odds Australia would be with the 500-1 at Headingley in mind and they are as short as 11-1 to win this test!

The pessimist in me won't be ruling out Australia until we've won it - we haven't bowled them out yet and I will be shitting myself if we need more than 100 runs - they cannot bowl as badly as they did in the first innings

edit I thought I would see what odds Australia would be with the 500-1 at Headingley in mind and they are as short as 11-1 to win this test!

Yeah exactly how I'm feeling as well. Having endured England of the 90's as well as Edgbaston 2005, I always believe that we will somehow find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

You just know that if they are defending 80 odd Johnson will have the spell of his career.

11/1? Who the fuck is quoting that price? I got 35/1 on Betfair! I fully expect England to finish the Aussies of this morning BUT if the tailenders can somehow give the Aussies a 100 lead then who knows what could happen.....Mitchell Johnson could repeat Bob Willis's heroics from 1981.....hopefully not as I want England to win.

11/1? Who the fuck is quoting that price? I got 35/1 on Betfair! I fully expect England to finish the Aussies of this morning BUT if the tailenders can somehow give the Aussies a 100 lead then who knows what could happen.....Mitchell Johnson could repeat Bob Willis's heroics from 1981.....hopefully not as I want England to win.

Betfred - I did say as short as;) I bet that price has gone after the first two overs!

I don't believe Australia are any chance whatsoever to win this, but I must say I do get some enjoyment at knowing that with every single run that gets added you lot are getting more and more anxious!

Back
Top Bottom