• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barcelona are f***** part X

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other aspect to this is that they're not filling a 100k stadium without day trippers and day trippers aren't spending 100 euros a pop to see the current lot slogging it out.

They’ve “set a budget” of €766m, which I assume means revenue (including player sales because their top line turnover has never been anywhere near that figure before). They’ve obviously slashed the wages but nobody is turning up to watch and their commercial revenue will be hit by the loss of Messi.
And they still have €1.35bn debt (per Laporta) so even if they make a profit, that’s going to hang around their necks for years. I think that debt figure is a net amount, so even worse than it sounds.
A bail-out by the City assumes the City has the money (unlikely, post covid) and could get around state aid rules (questionable). The scale of the problem feels too big to be solved by public goodwill.
Real madrid has been bailed out before. From a political perspective saving Barcelona could improve the image of Spain within the Catalan region. La Liga as product is far weaker if Barcelona are not challenging

Real’s “bail-out” (the sale of their training ground) was for €23m. That probably got around state aid as there was some wiggle room in the valuation, even though everyone smelt a rat.
Barca are €1.35bn in debt. That’s nearly 60 times as much. They don’t have anything they can sell that’s worth that much and it won’t beat the state aid regs.
Plus central government isn’t going to be keen on doing Catalonia a favour.
Not happening.

Real’s “bail-out” (the sale of their training ground) was for €23m. That probably got around state aid as there was some wiggle room in the valuation, even though everyone smelt a rat.
Barca are €1.35bn in debt. That’s nearly 60 times as much. They don’t have anything they can sell that’s worth that much and it won’t beat the state aid regs.
Plus central government isn’t going to be keen on doing Catalonia a favour.
Not happening.
Wasn’t it for 200m?

The reality is is that Barca will just about be able to compete in La liga. Spent force, literally. No surprise they were in for the Euro League. Transfer fees now have gone crazy. I mean they've been off the scale for years. Mayby Barca going tits up might just warn others to try and get a grip.

Can't trust City or United. We are, at least, trying to show some common sense. Might claim that's our owners getting their own back after the Euro league went out the winder. I mean we are spending, cap-ex. but JK however, knows that we will have to spend big eventually. Mo will blow a fuse somewhere down the line. Our brand is worth billions and anybody who studies the financial markets knows that all money men have some sort of exit strategy in their back pocket.

Wasn’t it for 200m?
The total value of the deal was more like €440m apparently (per UEFA), but the government proportion was valued at €27m (settled in two instalments, one of which was adjusted to €22.7m as it was settled several years later (complicated series of land swaps)). So they actually got €13.5m + €22.7m = €36.2m from the government - apologies but I missed the first €13.5m. The rest of the proceeds was private money (property developers).
There appears to have been reporting at the time that the full sale was to the council, but this was incorrect.
The EU investigated state aid breaches on the Council proportion, ruling against Madrid, but that was later over-turned on appeal.

The total value of the deal was more like €440m apparently (per UEFA), but the government proportion was valued at €27m (settled in two instalments, one of which was adjusted to €22.7m as it was settled several years later (complicated series of land swaps)). So they actually got €13.5m + €22.7m = €36.2m from the government - apologies but I missed the first €13.5m. The rest of the proceeds was private money (property developers).
There appears to have been reporting at the time that the full sale was to the council, but this was incorrect.
The EU investigated state aid breaches on the Council proportion, ruling against Madrid, but that was later over-turned on appeal.
Thanks that’s great information.

Pedri is expected to sign a new contract tomorrow.

[article]Teenage midfielder Pedri has agreed a contract extension with Barcelona which includes a 1bn euro (£846m) release clause, the club has announced.
[/article] From the beeb.

[article]Teenage midfielder Pedri has agreed a contract extension with Barcelona which includes a 1bn euro (£846m) release clause, the club has announced.
[/article] From the beeb.
Looks suspiciously like a financial trick dreamt up by an imbecile to convince their creditors that they have assets to match their debts.

Barca have published their detailed 2021 accounts. at 30 June 2021 they owed a total of €231m in transfer fees. Of this, €212m (nearly 92%) is due to financial institutions (or as they put it, has been sold to financial institutions by the selling clubs). They still owe €42.6m for Coutinho (three and a half years after they signed him), so you can look forward to lots of ill-informed stories about that in the press in the next few days.
I will reiterate my previous opinion that all of this selling of the transfer debt by the selling clubs was part of a scheme by Barca to give themselves more time to pay and to disguise the fact that they actually owe more to financing banks than they are letting on.

Barca have published their detailed 2021 accounts. at 30 June 2021 they owed a total of €231m in transfer fees. Of this, €212m (nearly 92%) is due to financial institutions (or as they put it, has been sold to financial institutions by the selling clubs). They still owe €42.6m for Coutinho (three and a half years after they signed him), so you can look forward to lots of ill-informed stories about that in the press in the next few days.
I will reiterate my previous opinion that all of this selling of the transfer debt by the selling clubs was part of a scheme by Barca to give themselves more time to pay and to disguise the fact that they actually owe more to financing banks than they are letting on.

Oh yey... Liverpool are owed €42.6m for Coutinho... Um, nope. The financial institution is. We are owed zero pounds.

I know that's you said, but just in case someone doesn't get it... like every journalist... ever!

42.6 million. That should pay for Bissouma or Sarr in January ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom