• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Benitez to face FA charge and transfer block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=koze link=topic=35311.msg927645#msg927645 date=1250672594]
[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=35311.msg927643#msg927643 date=1250672438]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35311.msg927641#msg927641 date=1250672271]
He could do what he's telling Torres to do.

Man up and get on with it
[/quote]

There are times when he should, yeah. I kind of like his defiance on this though, he's right, we should be spending money. Hicks has just sold one enterprise yet is still using what profit we've made in sales towards clearing debts.

This Summer was pivotal to our progress, in a position of strength we should be ensuring we edge ahead of our flagging competitors.
[/quote]
Maybe they don't think winning the championship is a priority..

Whatever.. They own the club, they're not fans.. How much money do we get from winning it? 25 million pounds more than coming second or third?
[/quote]

It should be THE priority Koze.

United weakened, Chelsea still in a period of uncertainty and City emerging on the horizon. Now was the perfect time to make a positive assault on the Premiership title and that takes money to take us that extra yard from last season.

If we don't do it this season because of a reluctance to strengthen this Summer then it might well prove a wasted opportunity and we could easily, 12 months down the line, find ourselves back on the fringe of things.

So no fucking way should Rafa keep Schtum over this, he should fight tooth and nail to get what's best for the team, and ultimately the club.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=35311.msg927646#msg927646 date=1250672773]
It should be THE priority Koze.

United weakened, Chelsea still in a period of uncertainty and City emerging on the horizon. Now was the perfect time to make a positive assault on the Premiership title and that takes money to take us that extra yard from last season.

If we don't do it this season because of a reluctance to strengthen this Summer then it might well prove a wasted opportunity and we could easily, 12 months down the line, find ourselves back on the fringe of things.

So no fucking way should Rafa keep Schtum over this, he should fight tooth and nail to get what's best for the team, and ultimately the club.
[/quote]
You're preaching to the converted.

I'm a fan. I want the club to spend as much money as possible in order to win the big one.

They aren't though. Do they really the club to win the league? I mean for them it's a business.

If without say spending 25 million pounds on David Silva, we can come second or third, and still generate similar revenue to cover interest + loan repayment.. Then maybe they don't need the league.

I mean would winning the league generate a lot more revenue than coming second or third?

This wouldn't be an issue had Rafa been given a decent transfer budget this season, however it's highlighting that over the last few years we've sold too many players, and that's left our squad thread-bear. To compound matters we had a disastrous transfer window last summer which was purely Rafa's fault.

On selling players, we've simply released too many squad options like Hyppia, Crouch, Cisse Warnock - players who could be relied upon We seem to have come full circle with Rafa in regards to rotation; he has to see the benefit in keeping players at the club. From what Danny Murphy's said recently Rafa loses all respect for players who aren't regularly in the first team. If he's not going to be nice to them, at least feature them from time to time otherwise they're going to walk for sure.

We had too much to do this summer:

A new RB, new CM, new CB, we all wanted a new LW, as well as back-up striker, possibly two, and I also wanted to ship Dossena out for a new LW. 

We can sit around and Yank bash forever and have more than enough content to do so. But Rafa is every much as culpable for the position we find ourselves in, and if we still had some of these formers players on the bench, we'd be in a much stronger position for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom