• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Borini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I'm actually disgusted with the way we are treating Borini.

He didn't do anything wrong except played decently well for Sunderland - enough for them to offer 14M for his services.

But when he was with us, he had a run of misfortune with injuries and lack of form. But you could never accuse him of not being a trier.

But here we are - "superfans" - wanting to get rid of him as though he's trash, simply because we want that 14M so we can pretend to be the club's accountants and perform a check and balance......that we can tell the world that we really care about every single penny that goes back into the club's coshers, even though it's not our money, oh because we love and show deep concern for the club's well-being...when in actual fact, we just secretly love being fantasy managers with our mates....

I'll tell you what showing love and concern for the club is.... i.e. not slagging off a decent, nice lad who seems to show that he sincerely wants to wear that red jersey....yes, that same red jersey that you, superfan, so passionately wears on match day...so much so that you even buy your young lad one and make him wear it too. Yes, that red jersey.

So come on, give Borini a break and try not to create threads like 'good riddance' when he eventually leaves the club okay.

Oh, you mean the shirts, tickets and tv subscriptions they buy to pay for Borini's transfer fee and wages. Those ones right?

Got engaged to a girl from Liverpool recently, didn't he? Probably her as much as him that doesn't want to go to Sunderland.

Oh, you mean the shirts, tickets and tv subscriptions they buy to pay for Borini's transfer fee and wages. Those ones right?

Oh wow. So we've spent a whole great deal as fans and that gives us the right to slag a player off ?

Hey if a player is behaving in a manner not exemplary of the class, prestige and heritage of this club, then sure, he deserves all the abuse.

But Borini has not done anything wrong or disrespectful, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt ok.

Sunderland boss Gus Poyet not worried about deal for Liverpool striker

1808889886.jpg

DEAL STILL ON ... Fabio Borini.
  • by GRAEME ANDERSON

Published on the 23 July
08:30
Print this
GUS Poyet is still hopeful of landing £14m target Fabio Borini, despite the Italian attacker jetting off on Liverpool’s pre-season tour.
The Sunderland head coach confirmed at the weekend that the two clubs had agreed a fee, and the only thing that remained was for the player to agree personal terms.
And the fact that Borini then headed off to America with Liverpool rather than Sunderland with his agent sparked fears that the striker had turned his back on Wearside.
But speaking to reporters after Sunderland’s 1-0 win over Carlisle United at Brunton Park last night, Poyet was relaxed about the situation.
“I can assure you though that there is no disappointment on my part that it has not happened yet,” he said.
“It is normal.
“And with all respect to the media, they do not know everything that is going on.
“It is not for me to explain, but it is not just a question of Fabio wanting to come or not.
“There are many, many things to look at, and unfortunately I cannot comment on those.
“We are involved in negotiations, and you never know how long that can take.
“There’s nothing new to report as things stand, but we are still hoping to close the deal completely.”
The ball is now in the court of the player himself and his agent and the others they are negotiating with, but Poyet feels that a lot of things are in Sunderland’s favour.
“It’s up to Fabio,” he said.
“We have been clear, everything is fine, there’s no doubt about his connection with our club, and me and him get along fine, so there is no reason for it not to happen.”
“I would love to know how long it will take to sort out, but all I can tell you is that things are changing every day.
“We have targets that we are looking for, we have other options, but we have an agreement with Liverpool, and we will do everything possible to get Fabio to the club first.
“If Fabio does not come, it does not set us back, we would move on – we are not a one-player team.
“But I hope the fact that we are after players like him shows the quality of players that we are trying to bring to the club.
“It shows we are committed, and prepared to spend money.
“But now we are looking to move on with other players too because it is not just about one player it is about the whole squad, and there are other areas to look at.
“He’s a player that everyone wants to see, but our transfer work this summer is not just about one player, it’s about the squad, and there are other situations we need to work out.”
Poyet stressed though that the pursuit of Borini would not hold up Sunderland’s transfer work in other areas.
“Obviously things become clearer once we know what will happen with Fabio,” he said.
“But we are still able to progress in other areas and it is important that we do.”
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...ed-about-deal-for-liverpool-striker-1-6744232

He wants to stay and fight...how is that a shining example of being a mercenary bastard....are Sunderland asking him to drop his wages significantly?

Just because a decision made by a player is inconvinient for you doesnt mean you conclude that he is a mercenary bastard.

whoosh_airline_flying_tickets_sm.jpg

Surely this is a case of him saying he would rather stay and Brendan giving him a chance to prove himself on the tour?

If he doesn't impress, we have an agreement with Sunderland. If he does, we might get a better offer or decide to keep him.

If this 'injury' was to lead to the collapse of any 14m deal with Sunderland, then serious questions need to be asked about Rogers playing him in a friendly. Stupid!!

I'd be happy to see him as part of our squad next year as he impressed me at Sunderland leading the line at time.. He was superb in the League Cup Final against Citeh.

If we are in a position that we need to sell players, this would be an obvious candidate along with one of the CBs but if we do not need to sell then I think he is one of the better back up strikers we could get. Imagine if we were bringing him on instead of Aspas last season - things could have been different.

Sooo the USA with Liverpool or Carlisle United at Brunton Park with Sunderland. Can you blame him for wanting to stay for the USA tour before leaving ?!

Borini flying back to Liverpool to tend to his injured shoulder.
Next stop Sunderland, I hope.

He doesn't help himself as a player by making the biggest squealing racket every time that he gets a bit of a bruise. After a while with that sort of player you just give up hope.

I know some dont like Twitter but the Grinchen is gone so here goes:

@GraemeKelly1: All things now in place & agreed for Borini to complete his move to Sunderland. Medical completed when his shoulder is up to it (not long).

This lad knows his stuff. Said its from the same person that told him about Remys failed medical and the signing of the 3 L's.

Lets see.. Soz Fabs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom