• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Brighton (H) - Sun 14:00

I think his stages of decline are something like:

Lose the ability to create his own chances
Lose the ability to stay ahead of defenders when played in behind
Lose ability to maintain possession in dangerous areas
Lose the ability to finish chances

Imo we’re in the third stage but he’s started pulling fantastic assists out of his arse which has really added to his worth in the side.

It was a very typical Mo Salah performance.

Misses about 5 chances, loses the ball about 10 times but still pops up in decisive moments with a goal and basically an assist whilst still having the quality to pick out passes like the one Lucho was millimeters offside for.

Any idea what the xG was?

For his goal? 0.44

Untitled.jpg

Well things when almost to plan today, although we could get what Jurgen wanted;(Both City and Arsenal to lose) we got the next best thing
Now we just got to keep getting 3 points

I'm hoping the fasting played a part in todays performance, but he's been just as wasteful all season. He's still putting up the figures, but it feels a previous years mo potentially would have twice the goal returns as this one

I don’t really see the wastefulness compared to other leading strikers, Haaland had a great chance today and he missed.
I do wonder what his critics are actually hoping for, looking at it constructively…
What are other options?
Nunez was irrelevant today, Diaz is Diaz.
Gakpo? Jota?
If he stayed on against United then we win I reckon, I don’t believe we are as potent or a threat without him against the better teams.

I don’t really see the wastefulness compared to other leading strikers, Haaland had a great chance today and he missed.
I do wonder what his critics are actually hoping for, looking at it constructively…
What are other options?
Nunez was irrelevant today, Diaz is Diaz.
Gakpo? Jota?
If he stayed on against United then we win I reckon, I don’t believe we are as potent or a threat without him against the better teams.
Jota is the only option, the only forward I trust.

Jota is the only option, the only forward I trust.
Agreed but he isn’t a reliable option though, he is injured at best of times. How many games does he miss?

Sometimes we all want better jobs and bigger houses but maybe it’s best to just appreciate our faulty home who’s been here 6yrs on even with all it’s faults.

Last edited:
Agreed but he isn’t a reliable option though, he is injured at best of times. How many gakes does he miss?

Sometimes we all want better jobs and bigger houses but maybe it’s best to just appreciate our faulty home who’s been here 6yrs on even with all it’s faults.
I mean yeah, as long as Jota is out there's nothing we can do about it. So, Diaz, Nunez and Salah is our best front three.
I can appreciate them but still complain, I mean they're are forwards right?

Jaysus lads. So many chances in that game today, Just saw highlights. Delighted we won and amazed we create so much.
But are our chances to goals ratio a bit guff? Bit more of an issue against the top 5 for us, when chances are fewer.

We need GOALS this week vs Sheffield United.

I'm hoping the fasting played a part in todays performance, but he's been just as wasteful all season. He's still putting up the figures, but it feels a previous years mo potentially would have twice the goal returns as this one

Yet goals wise he’s probably in his second best season ever for us.

It's going under the radar slightly but it was another encouraging performance from Diaz. It would be welcome if he could have some VVD style resurgence next year. There's been some pleasing signs in the last three to four weeks that he might not be as cooked as thought.
For sure.

It's going under the radar slightly but it was another encouraging performance from Diaz. It would be welcome if he could have some VVD style resurgence next year. There's been some pleasing signs in the last three to four weeks that he might not be as cooked as thought.
He made a lot more sensible decisions today, which is always a boon

Seems like papa Diaz wants him to have that resurgence in Spain.

Seems like papa Diaz wants him to have that resurgence in Spain.
Most Papaz will say lotta stuff about their boss kids and much depends on the audience. It was Spanish media interviewing him that day and he had to say what would make the audience happy. I wouldn't read much into it

Most Papaz will say lotta stuff about their boss kids and much depends on the audience. It was Spanish media interviewing him that day and he had to say what would make the audience happy.
Strange but OK.

The problem with Salah is just that if he isn't on, it fucks up all of our play, because it's all about him.
Luckily he must be on most of the fucking time then isn’t it considering he’s the top assister in the league nevermind our team and consistently plays others in game in game out.

We're too wasteful. We absolutely NEED more goals. I hope they get it done on Thursday.
Arenal has more goals and are second.
We do not need more goals.
Fuck me there is no pleasing some fans.
We’ve scored more than everyone else.
We’ve won 26 pts from losing positions.
It’s clear we need to start games better, not score goals.

Arenal has more goals and are second.
We do not need more goals.
Fuck me there is no pleasing some fans.
We’ve scored more than everyone else.
We’ve won 26 pts from losing positions.
It’s clear we need to start games better, not score goals.

Aha, so if we finish on the same point tally as Arsenal or Man C or both, that helps us how?

Of course we need to start games better, but we also create an incredible amount of chances. Was just watching ESPN and they said that we had 30 shots?!
Is it completely unreasonable for me to ask for less wastefulness from our forwards?

Back
Top Bottom