• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton pre-match

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
UPD: Matip is out, so it's Klavan and Lovren at CB.

Klavan (illness) and Lallana (slight hamstring pull) didn't train on Thursday, everyone else looks to be fit. We have the decisive CL game against Spartak on Wednesday followed by the derby on Sunday – so will Klopp rest some players? Klopp's rotation is hard to predict – sometimes he would play the same players 2 or 3 times a week, but then surprise everyone like he did vs Chelsea.

I want to see Solanke being given another chance and perhaps Brighton is actually the best occasion to do so – against Spartak we'll need to play with our most experienced players and same goes for the derby. Coutinho and Salah have been rested on Wednesday (Salah still managed to score 2 goals despite being "rested"!), so both should start. I would keep Firmino for Spartak and Everton and perhaps Sturridge could start alongside him in one of those games. Mane is a tricky one: when playing someone back into form after an injury, Klopp seems to think they need to play as much as possible, so I don't think Mane will be rested again anytime soon. My prediction for front 4: Solanke, Salah, Mane, Coutinho

After the shit-show he produced the other day, I think Can should be dropped until he can show his head is in the right place. Hendo and Wijnaldum should play in a double-pivot; however I wonder if Grujic can be given a chance, at least off the bench. Full-backs is a conundrum of their own: I think Moreno could do with a rest, so finally Robertson gets a start, on the other hand Trent will probably be used at home against Spartak, so Gomez keeps his place.

Predicted line-up:

4-2-2-2:
------------------Ming---------------------
Gomez--Lovren--Klavan--Robertson
-----------Gini-----Hendo---------------
Mane-----------------------Coutinho--
----------Salah----Solanke------------

Subs: Karius, Can, Trent, Milner, Grujic, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge

Last edited:
What's wrong with Lallana again? I'm actually ok with Klavan when we are playing "weaker" opponents, he actually knows how to bring a ball down and play it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ox start again, and i'd like to see that. Maybe a front three of Ox, Firmino & Salah with Mane prepped to play both Wednesday and Everton.

I think we'll play:

--------------Mignolet-------------
Gomez--Matip--Lovren--Moreno with TAA to play Wednesday and the derby (as the local boy)
-----------Hendo--Can------------
--------------Coutinho-------------
--Ox--------Firmino-------Salah-- wouldnt be surprised to see Studge or Solanke get a start, with Firmino also rested. But really expect Mane to get a rest.

Klopp has confirmed that Matip is also injured.

Gomez to CB and TAA at RB?

I'm expecting klopp to rest two out of Mane, Salah, Coutinho & Firmino every game until after new years, with the possible exception of Spartak due to its importance.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ox start again, and i'd like to see that. Maybe a front three of Ox, Firmino & Salah with Mane prepped to play both Wednesday and Everton.

I think we'll play:

--------------Mignolet-------------
Gomez--Matip--Lovren--Moreno with TAA to play Wednesday and the derby (as the local boy)
-----------Hendo--Can------------
--------------Coutinho-------------
--Ox--------Firmino-------Salah-- wouldnt be surprised to see Studge or Solanke get a start, with Firmino also rested. But really expect Mane to get a rest.
Gomez is more experienced, id expect TAA tomorrow and Gomez for CL and Derby or maybe Gomez-Taa-Gomez again

Half expecting studge or solanke to get a start tomorrow too.

Shame Matip is out. Klavan and Lovren doesnt fill me with much confidence.

I'm expecting klopp to rest two out of Mane, Salah, Coutinho & Firmino every game until after new years, with the possible exception of Spartak due to its importance.
Hopefully only one, two is asking for trouble in my books.

Klopp will no doubt just bring in Klavan, but I don't think that will work for a month, given Lovren's fragility.

Sooner or later he will have to give TAA a deserved start at right back and hope Gomez can do the business at CB.

Lovren and Klavan and fine dont go in the same sentence unless you were planning to do an extremely delayed not joke.

No not really - I think they will manage well. As has become clearer to many on here by now and also the pundits - our defenders are not actually the problem - its the three numb nuts that play in front of them regularly - Henderson, Can, Gini - all three are shit at ball winning, and providing any defensive cover to the back line. No matter who we sign (if we sign a defender in Jan) - it will make NO NO NO NONE ZILCH difference - if we don't buy midfielders that have a defensive game understanding and are able to smoke out danger. I am not for a defensive midfielder - I want someone who knows when and how to defend in front of a defence and also know when to join the attack. The three regulars we have are ... well just thick.

Also - I don't buy into our defenders being shit - I actually think if you put any defender into our team from those defenders that you all have wet dreams about - they would be shown to be garbage in our system.

Put the treble winning Babbel, Henchoz, Hyppia and Carra in our team and I guarantee you we’d concede way less.
Midfield is definitely a problem. But our defenders and keeper are very poor.

Another important game to keep the momentum going, get three wins in the next 8 days and we will look strong going into xmas

Losing Matip for a month would be awful for us.
Lets hope he returns sooner than that.

Put the treble winning Babbel, Henchoz, Hyppia and Carra in our team and I guarantee you we’d concede way less.
Midfield is definitely a problem. But our defenders and keeper are very poor.

And we’d also score less goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom