• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League Last 16 Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do (did) they have that many fans called 'Andy' then?
Would you go to the stadium if you thought there was a chance they would start on other names soon? I think not. Although with a name like Frogfish you would probably be safe enough.

Alexis Sanchez, Edin Dzeko, Arturo Vidal, Ivan Perisic, Samir Handanović.
Not the youngest team in the world but definitely enough experience to cause us problems.
That's not the core of their team though. Their core includes Barella, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Skriniar, Dumfries, Bastoni and Lautaro all of whom are largely in their prime. This will be a very tricky tie. Inter are a lot better than Milan.

I'm waiting for Bluemooners to start posting about how 'the game is rigged' and 'the cartel' after today's fiasco lolz

BTW the EL is looking interesting this year.

Sevilla v Dinamo Zagreb
Atalanta v Olympiakos
RB Leipzig v Real Sociedad
Barcelona v Napoli
Zenit St Petersburg v Real Betis
Borussia Dortmund v Rangers
Sheriff Tiraspol v Braga
Porto v Lazio

Tricky tie, always evokes memories of '65. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to the wire. We might need a supersub...have we got one.

Tricky tie, always evokes memories of '65. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to the wire. We might need a supersub...have we got one.
iu

Red Bull Salzburg vs. Bayern Munich – easy win for Munich
Sporting CP vs. Manchester City – easy win for City, unfortunately
SL Benfica vs. AFC Ajax – Ajax will go through
Chelsea vs. Lille OSC – I wouldn't write Lille off, but Chelsea are favourites
Atletico Madrid vs. Manchester United – rooting for the asteroid
Villarreal CF vs. Juventus – I think it's about 50/50 on current form
Inter Milan vs. Liverpool – one of the tougher match-ups for us, they are a flexible team that can cause problems
Paris Saint-Germain vs. Real Madrid – Mbappe will probably be a Real Madrid player on a pre-contract by then. I actually think Madrid will win rather easily.

Last edited:
Glad the away goals counting as double has been scrapped. Never liked it. Suppose it might mean Inter will park a fleet of buses, they'll do that anyway. Getting through them will likely be the difference.Away leg first help I suppose, know what we're up against.

Is it true that Barella is suspended for the first leg and possibly the second?

Red Bull Salzburg vs. Bayern Munich – easy win for Munich
Sporting CP vs. Manchester City – easy win for City, unfortunately
SL Benfica vs. AFC Ajax – Ajax will go through
Chelsea vs. Lille OSC – I wouldn't write Lille off, but Chelsea are favourites
Atletico Madrid vs. Manchester United – rooting for the asteroid
Villarreal CF vs. Juventus – I think it's about 50/50 on current form
Inter Milan vs. Liverpool – one of the tougher match-ups for us, they are a flexible team that can cause problems
Paris Saint-Germain vs. Real Madrid – Mbappe will probably be a Real Madrid player on a pre-contract by then. I actually think Madrid will win rather easily.

Pretty much agree with your assessment here

I'm waiting for Bluemooners to start posting about how 'the game is rigged' and 'the cartel' after today's fiasco lolz

BTW the EL is looking interesting this year.

Sevilla v Dinamo Zagreb
Atalanta v Olympiakos
RB Leipzig v Real Sociedad
Barcelona v Napoli
Zenit St Petersburg v Real Betis
Borussia Dortmund v Rangers
Sheriff Tiraspol v Braga
Porto v Lazio

Yep, some tasty ties in the Europa.

A re-draw giving us Inter after having Salzburg is puuuuuuuure bullshit IMO.

It is also a shame Bayern don't get the chance to knock Atletico out...

Ah well.

I must be one of the few to like the away goals rule (though if even after 180 mins and going into extra time to decide the tie it then gets scrapped) - I don't get the logic in scrapping it TBH. Clearly it encouraged teams to actually attempt to score a goal(s) rather than defend for 0-0 and hope to win at home, which is what we can now look forward to having the pleasure of watching.

I must be one of the few to like the away goals rule (though if even after 180 mins and going into extra time to decide the tie it then gets scrapped) - I don't get the logic in scrapping it TBH. Clearly it encouraged teams to actually attempt to score a goal(s) rather than defend for 0-0 and hope to win at home, which is what we can now look forward to having the pleasure of watching.
Yep. Been saying that too.

Should count until extra time. Then it shouldn't count.

UEFA don't know their arse from their elbow (the draw proved that beyond reasonable doubt)

Love this rule. Step backwards to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom