• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League Last 16 Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
The draw is taking place at Uefa's headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland, with the 'ceremony' scheduled to start at 11:00 GMT.

Who could Liverpool face?
PSG, Inter Milan, Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Villarreal, Red Bull Salzburg

Who could Manchester United meet? Atletico Madrid, PSG, Inter Milan, Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Red Bull Salzburg

Who could Manchester City play? Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, Sporting Lisbon, Red Bull Salzburg, Villarreal, Benfica

Who could Chelsea draw? Ajax, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Lille
--------
When will the last-16 ties be played?

Ties will take place over two legs. The first legs will be spread out on 15, 16, 22 and 23 February, with the second legs on 8, 9, 15 and 16 March.
Seeded teams will be away for the first leg before being at home for the return matches. All kick-offs are at 20:00 GMT.
The draw for the quarter-finals is on 18 March.
What changes are there this season?

The away goals rule has been removed, so ties level after 180 minutes will go to extra time.
If the teams still cannot be separated after the additional 30 minutes then it goes to a penalty shoot-out.
When is the final and where?

St Petersburg, Russia, will stage the 2022 Champions League final, with the game scheduled for 28 May 2022.

----------

Perfect draw ?
Liverpool vs Sporting or Villareal
United vs PSG
City vs Atletico or Inter
Chelsea vs Bayern Munich

I suspect City would batter Atletico or Inter sadly. I think we are very likely to see another all English final this year.

Sporting Lisbon for us please
Athletico for Man City (City will beat them but Athletico might at least kick some lumps out of them)
United to get PSG
Chelsea to get Bayern

Sporting Lisbon for us please
Athletico for Man City (City will beat them but Athletico might at least kick some lumps out of them)
United to get PSG
Chelsea to get Bayern
Quiffer (not that it isn't the most obvious 4 opponents) ! You could have just copy/pasted ;)

Benfica vs Real Madrid
Villareal vs Man City
Athletico vs Bayern
Salzburg vs Liverpool
Inter vs Ajax
Sporting vs Juventus
Chelsea vs Lille
Man U vs PSG​

That's three English teams into the quarters then I reckon.
Chelsea couldn't have got a kinder draw

Fuck sakes missed it already??

Must've been the quickest ceremony in history, isn't it usually like half hour long....

Anyway very pleased with Salzburg....watch us sign Adeyemi off the back of this tie.

As far as Atleti and Utd go.........

Benfica vs Real Madrid
Villareal vs Man City
Athletico vs Bayern
Salzburg vs Liverpool
Inter vs Ajax​
Sporting vs Juventus​
Chelsea vs Lille​
Man U vs PSG

I reckon the bolded teams will go through comfortably with the other two ties a bit more open

Ajax should beat the Italians, after AC's performance I view that league on the same level as the Scots.

Yeah...bit of a shame City and Chelsea will both be in the final 8. I'd be devastated if 1 of them won it this year.

Imagine City winning it and Chelsea winning the league.

Or Chelsea retaining it and City winning the league.

Bit of a boring draw overall (like ours of course). Chelsea could have at least drawn Real or Bayern but really got away with it (a bit like Verstappen).

Utd v PSG, a repeat of the Fr Ted Over 7O's Priests final. :) yiz are both SHIT Arghhhhhhh.

If I am going to pick one huge upset from those ties - I'd go with Lille over Chelsea.
That would be great but not expecting it.
I feel a "shock" result would more likely be Atletico beating Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom