• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Chelsea (Anfield South) - Sunday 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an additional bonus to beating Southampton other than progress in the FA Cup in that our game away to Everton in the league would be postponed to after the International break at which point we should have a good few of the currently injured players available

Do we have a squad available for Soton?

Dunno about you guys, but I'd very much be up another cup run. Nothing beats the feeling.
A very youthful squad. I've thought about it and the only problem position for me is going to be the CB position. Obviously Quansah starts, but Gomez and Konate played 90 mins.

My line up would be:

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Tsimikas

McConnell
Macca (60 mins)
Clark

Gordon
Danns
Koumas

I really hope that Salah, Szobo and Nunez can take part in this in some capacity.

There is an additional bonus to beating Southampton other than progress in the FA Cup in that our game away to Everton in the league would be postponed to after the International break at which point we should have a good few of the currently injured players available
Diaz Nunez Mo front 3 with Szobo and Mac playing the fancy balls into them it is then.

A very youthful squad. I've thought about it and the only problem position for me is going to be the CB position. Obviously Quansah starts, but Gomez and Konate played 90 mins.

My line up would be:

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Tsimikas

McConnell
Macca (60 mins)
Clark

Gordon
Danns
Koumas

I really hope that Salah, Szobo and Nunez can take part in this in some capacity.
A little too youthful for me. I'd start Gakpo again, Danns can get half hour from the bench.

Would also like to see what this Nyoni is about, him ahead of Clark and if Szobo is fit I'd have him in for Mcconnell.

Unfortunately for me it will be moved to a midweek slot, I'm sure, which means likely missing it.

All must be sacrificed for the quad.

Unfortunately for me it will be moved to a midweek slot, I'm sure, which means likely missing it.

All must be sacrificed for the quad.
I am sure I can think of a worthy donor for your ticket;)
It would be a shame for you to miss the game so if we lose on Wednesday I will see you getting to a matchday as a silver lining

Last edited:
Yes I did see the game. However, we do pretty much have our best backline and two of our best midfielders on the pitch. Yes I reckon that Endo is a good DM.
The only worry I have is in attack, but if the defence do their job we'll just have to take our chances up front.

Shame on me, but I am so proud of that team, that win felt better than a CL win, because of the youngsters that played in that game. Those kids have proper bollox I tell you, to play the way they did in a Wembley final where some have barely less than what a handful of first team experience is just mind-boggling and unbelievable. What brilliant team, and what great support from the fans that attended, I missed the first 5 mins of the game, and was listening on the radio - and all I could hear was the singing of the Liverpool fans, honestly it had me thinking if there were any actual Chelsea fans at the stadium. Endo was absolutely brilliant in that game.

Honestly - though what the fuck is wrong with that plastic club ? - the only player amongst them that ran their heart out was Connor Gallagher, and that Cole Palmer created enough for them.

some-boss-squad-pics-with-the-carabao-cup-v0-lfqx3kcm2tkc1.jpg

My line up would be:

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Tsimikas

McConnell
Macca (60 mins)
Clark

Gordon
Danns
Koumas

No point making 5th round of we don’t try. That team is too light in defense and upfront. Will require at least some experience upfront, Gakpo and Elliot at least.

No point making 5th round of we don’t try. That team is too light in defense and upfront. Will require at least some experience upfront, Gakpo and Elliot at least.
Gakpo possibly. Elliott is a no go, he played 120 mins.

Gakpo possibly. Elliott is a no go, he played 120 mins.
We could play Gomez at CB if needed, let's not forget how well he did in those 3 games while VVD was banned after the Newcastle sending off. Gomez was the leader at the back in those games, and he played with both Q, and Konate, and I think Matip with him.

We could play Gomez at CB if needed, let's not forget how well he did in those 3 games while VVD was banned after the Newcastle sending off. Gomez was the leader at the back in those games, and he played with both Q, and Konate, and I think Matip with him.
It’s not about ability, it’s about playing him for three games in a row.

We ought to learn from the last time we tried to win the quadruple with threadbare squad. Leave something in the tank for the big trophies in May.
This. No senior first teamer should be involved. If the kids win great. If not so be it. We can put the boys through another 90 so close together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom