• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Chelsea (Anfield South) - Sunday 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
some-boss-squad-pics-with-the-carabao-cup-v0-gxtvfkcm2tkc1.jpg

New profile pic.

Just want to mention that for Virgil it was his first trophy as captain - for some reason that surprised me. Here's to many more big man !

We ought to learn from the last time we tried to win the quadruple with threadbare squad. Leave something in the tank for the big trophies in May.
With the time out from injuries I'm sure they'll have more than enough left in the tank - they could probably play through the Summer!

For Southampton (who are flying in the Championship) :

The young lads will be well up for it. Adrenaline pump for sure once they put a foot on the Anfield turf. We can give Gomez+Konate 45 mins each (they've each played roughly just over half the minutes VvD has this season), they'll get that anyway in training.

Ditto Gakpo who has just over 1,000 mins so far this season (50% of some). Elliott has only 660 mins and he's 20 years old - he'll deffo be good to start.

Endo is our Duracell Bunny (and under a 1,000 mins) - give him 45-60 mins then McConnell can come on.

Mo. will get minutes. Either he starts for 45-60 mins or comes on after 60 mins. Maybe Nunez too for 20-30 mins.

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Tsimikas

Endo
Macca
Clark

Gordon
Danns
Gakpo

"What we see today is so exceptional," a beaming Klopp told a press conference post-match. "We might never see it again, these things don't happen in football. Apparently, you don't win trophies with kids, I didn't know that.

"It is easily the most special trophy I've ever won. It's absolutely exceptional. I wish I could feel pride more often, tonight that's the overwhelming feeling - nothing to do with maybe my last game at Wembley. It was how everyone contributed.

"Seeing the faces of these kids. Nobody will ever forget this story - it's so difficult. This tonight, if you find the same story with academy players coming on against a top side and still winning it, wow."

For Southampton (who are flying in the Championship) :

The young lads will be well up for it. Adrenaline pump for sure once they put a foot on the Anfield turf. We can give Gomez+Konate 45 mins each (they've each played roughly just over half the minutes VvD has this season), they'll get that anyway in training.

Ditto Gakpo who has just over 1,000 mins so far this season (50% of some). Elliott has only 660 mins and he's 20 years old - he'll deffo be good to start.

Endo is our Duracell Bunny (and under a 1,000 mins) - give him 45-60 mins then McConnell can come on.

Mo. will get minutes. Either he starts for 45-60 mins or comes on after 60 mins. Maybe Nunez too for 20-30 mins.

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Tsimikas

Endo
Macca
Clark

Gordon
Danns
Gakpo

I think your going to see a lot of 45 minutes. We'll probably start strong but go more youthful as the game goes.

I suspect Endo and Virgil will be rested so with that.

Will post my full line up when @Brizzle gets his shit together.

Most of the players from last night will be knackered. The game on Wednesday will be pretty tough I reckon.

I think your going to see a lot of 45 minutes. We'll probably start strong but go more youthful as the game goes.

I suspect Endo and Virgil will be rested so with that.

Will post my full line up when @Brizzle gets his shit together.
Yeah it's been almost 15 hours since the last match ended and STILL no new match thread !

I think I may have to go out on the street and sell my body (this may take a while) to get my fix.

@Brizzle

This. No senior first teamer should be involved. If the kids win great. If not so be it. We can put the boys through another 90 so close together.
Think we are over-reacting, @Modo - yes Gomez has played 3 games in a row, but from memory they were not 100% of the game, so we can play Gomez and Q, as the CB pairing on Wednesday.

Tsimi can start, so can Conor. As for midfield - we can play Szobo if he is fit, and I think he will play, then it becomes if Mac (if fit) and youngsters to partner him, I think Endo will not be played/risked.

Up front, I don't think Diaz will play - he ran his boots/socks/bollocks off, so I think it will be Gakpo and Darwin if fit plus that youngster with the long hair.

I am hoping there is enough.

Don't think winning the league cup has or ever will bring this much joy again. Truly satisfying. Immensely proud of all the lads. The embodiment they have for this club is......unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom