• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

City post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was good in the final 3rd and had a good final ball, Wini would be world class. As he is, he's still pretty good in the big games.

I just worry when we need to beat the bus, how we'll do without Phil's bit of magic.
Phil beat the bus ? We could not beat most busses with phil...will make no difference.

Someone asked Klopp after the game what his favourite cake was. Is this an example of the ill-famed manc humour?

For those that havent seen the clip.
What a manager. What a man. Boss!

Klopp: “You can have a look at this game in different ways. You can look at it as a manager and say 'OK, we could have done this or that better.' Or you can have a look at it as a football fan and say 'What the f*** was that?' It was unbelievable."

It's great. Matt McCann must have passed out!

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was still emotionally charged when he was interviewed live on NBC following his side's 4-3 win over Manchester City.

So much so that he forgot that swearing on live television is still frowned upon even in the United States.

While in conversation about the win at Anfield with presenter Arlo White and pundits Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux, Klopp said: 'You can look at it as a manager and say "we could have done this or that better" or you can look at it as a football fan and say "What the f*** was that?"'

It forced an apology to NBC's American audience before Klopp added: 'I thought in America it's OK and in England it's not.'

Gini skillset is only required for 12 games a year. Against the big 6 his touch and power are great.

On Gini - we may see a changed man since his friend VVD is going to play and shout at him constantly.

Can I just ask all of you - how the fuck do they honestly calculate those possession stats ? - It says we had some shit like 36% and they had the rest - that just cannot be true - there were periods where we had the ball and were camped into their half - its bollocks.

Matip stops Agüero all game gets a 6 for doing boring things
Mate - don't bother most people on here would like one of city's defenders more than Matip. Needs to be an understanding that the high pressing game we play leads to these goals - and also exhausts players. Our defenders have to support the attack on occasions more so than any other team - of course they are going to get tired in the last 10 and make mistakes but also this is where the midfield come in to keep the ball and protect. But lets not dwell on this shit.

Gomez had much more than one lapse. He was far from the only one at fault, but he had a part in all of their goals and he keeps getting done by the same bloody ball from the opposite channel, it's happened a half dozen times this season, there's a reason city started targeting him and Gini started covering him more. Not knocking the lads potential, some of the great stuff he did even in this game or detracting from a great win, but if goalkeeper is a problem area then so is RB right now.

Can as DM today was brilliant. His partnership with Gini was 10/10. They played similarly well against Arsenal at the start of the season. I think Can excels in the role when the game is open rather than when we might get caught high up the pitch and countered when he is liable to have gone on a wander.

Between Can and Gini MOTM for me, followed by Ox. Ideal to have all three of that midfield three firing for such a big game.

Henderson will be worried watching that game - maybe he ups his game

Can as DM today was brilliant. His partnership with Gini was 10/10. They played similarly well against Arsenal at the start of the season. I think Can excels in the role when the game is open rather than when we might get caught high up the pitch and countered when he is liable to have gone on a wander.

Between Can and Gini MOTM for me, followed by Ox. Ideal to have all three of that midfield three firing for such a big game.

Those three in midfield make sense to me - they play well together and are at a similar age too. All three can go forward but also play a semi-holding role. It is such a shame we will lose Can but overall his performances are inconsistent from game to game - but I reckon a lot of that is down to playing with Henderson. I don't think it clicks well when its Henderson and Can - could be wrong on that. But I tell you what regarding Man City - for me their midfield supporting cast to Kevin - is kind of unknown to me - and I don't really think much of them when you have Fernandinho - I mean he is one of those idiots that played in the 7-1 loss to Germany in the Brazil world cup. And yes - I will always think any Brazilian in that game is a pile of shit.

Jürgen Klopp on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: "I could not have had kind of an idea of what a good guy he is, to be honest. If you asked me what is better, the football player or the person, I would have to think a little bit about it. He is on a good way and enjoys it."

Van Dijk as captain next season and Oxlade as our vice captain?
Have to say I really like him.

Gomez had much more than one lapse. He was far from the only one at fault, but he had a part in all of their goals and he keeps getting done by the same bloody ball from the opposite channel, it's happened a half dozen times this season, there's a reason city started targeting him and Gini started covering him more. Not knocking the lads potential, some of the great stuff he did even in this game or detracting from a great win, but if goalkeeper is a problem area then so is RB right now.

Not knocking Gomez, because he has done well since he came back from injury, but I currently prefer Trent Alexander Arnold at right-back. I think his defending is better, and he brings a bonus with his ability to cross, shoot, and bring a bit of magic to dead ball kicks.

Not knocking Gomez, because he has done well since he came back from injury, but I currently prefer Trent Alexander Arnold at right-back. I think his defending is better, and he brings a bonus with his ability to cross, shoot, and bring a bit of magic to dead ball kicks.

Clyne > TAA > Gomez

But nice to have so many good players

Matip stops Agüero all game gets a 6 for doing boring things

I haven't noticed anyone comment on his role in Sane's goal. Went past him like he wasn't there. Poor for that - but played a good game otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom