• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

CL Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame its not after a trip to the Ukraine, but Atalanta wont be easy either. They'll surprise a few people I reckon.

Pretty good. Couldn't have asked for much better, even the City game has us playing on the Tuesday, away at Genk, before Saturday 15.00 (likely to be moved).

Genk is wednesday 23 october and City is 9th November or so.

At least I hope so since I just booked my flight to Brussels tuesday night...

Genk is wednesday 23 october and City is 9th November or so.

At least I hope so since I just booked my flight to Brussels tuesday night...
Here's the Echo quote - think you're mixing up Home & Away which follow each other ? For us it's 4 days between Genk and City as it stands, and 3 days rest for City after their Wednesday game. It's likely to undergo a date change though.

The return fixture against Genk is just under a fortnight later at Anfield - Tuesday 5 November (8pm KO) - and follows a trip to Villa Park the previous weekend, before Liverpool face the first potential title showdown of the season against Manchester City at Anfield on the weekend of 9/10 November.

Here's the Echo quote - think you're mixing up Home & Away which follow each other ? For us it's 4 days between Genk and City as it stands, and 3 days rest for City after their Wednesday game. It's likely to undergo a date change though.

The return fixture against Genk is just under a fortnight later at Anfield - Tuesday 5 November (8pm KO) - and follows a trip to Villa Park the previous weekend, before Liverpool face the first potential title showdown of the season against Manchester City at Anfield on the weekend of 9/10 November.

Yeah. Silly me. How could I believe you were referring to an away game when saying "away at Genk".

Will be very interesting to see Erling Håland play for Salzburg. Apparently a big talent, better than his Pop.

I guess they didn't know or forgot about those no-marks. I mean, did they ever did something of notice in Europe?

I assume they didn't want City because they get them every year, and despite their ridiculous team, it's still not a glamour tie like us, Barcelona, Bayern, Juve etc.

That's exactly it.

You're playing a top class side packed with stars, could easily lose points, but get little of the credibility or gloss if you do beat them compared to Barca, Madrid, us etc.

I can see why no player would want them.

Well all I can say about these disgruntled players like Can, Eriksen, Neymar etc is that January is 4 months away.

Call me crazy but having Eriksen playing behind in our midfield would be very interesting.

Well all I can say about these disgruntled players like Can, Eriksen, Neymar etc is that January is 4 months away.

Call me crazy but having Eriksen playing behind in our midfield would be very interesting.

everytime-i-see-a-verified-nobody-in-the-facebook-comments-clearly-they-fishing-for-likes_o_4407737.jpg

@Kay Age El is the fish.

Just kidding, Eriksen is great and due to the nature of his playing style should stay at the top of his game for a long time. Whoever gets him on a free next season will get a bargain.

Liverpool have submitted their Champions League squad for the 2019-20 group stage to UEFA.

The Reds begin their defence of the trophy this month having been drawn alongside Napoli, Salzburg and Genk for the first phase of the competition proper.
The following squad lists have been submitted ahead of the opening fixture of Group E, against Napoli away from home on September 17.
List A: Alisson, Elliott, Firmino, Salah, Gomez, Henderson, Keita, Lallana, Lonergan, Lovren, Mane, Matip, Milner, Origi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Adrian, Shaqiri, Fabinho, Van den Berg, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum.
List B: Alexander-Arnold, Brewster, Jones, Kane, Kelleher, Larouci, Lewis.
List B includes players born on or after January 1, 1998 who have been eligible to play for the club for any uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday.
UEFA rules state a club can register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season but the list must be submitted by no later than midnight CET the day before a match.

Liverpool have submitted their Champions League squad for the 2019-20 group stage to UEFA.

The Reds begin their defence of the trophy this month having been drawn alongside Napoli, Salzburg and Genk for the first phase of the competition proper.
The following squad lists have been submitted ahead of the opening fixture of Group E, against Napoli away from home on September 17.
List A: Alisson, Elliott, Firmino, Salah, Gomez, Henderson, Keita, Lallana, Lonergan, Lovren, Mane, Matip, Milner, Origi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Adrian, Shaqiri, Fabinho, Van den Berg, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum.
List B: Alexander-Arnold, Brewster, Jones, Kane, Kelleher, Larouci, Lewis.
List B includes players born on or after January 1, 1998 who have been eligible to play for the club for any uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday.
UEFA rules state a club can register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season but the list must be submitted by no later than midnight CET the day before a match.

Why has Ki-jana Hoever been left out of CL squad and other youngsters like Larouci and Lewis are in?

Paul Gorst:I must admit, I was surprised to see Ki-Jana Hoever’s name left out of the 29-man squad this morning.

I think Jurgen Klopp has perhaps looked at the numbers and saw that he already five centre-backs in the list and two right-backs in Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joe Gomez, as well as James Milner, who can operate there, too.

Larouci and Lewis are left-sided players where the strength in depth is perhaps not as great.

Plus Lewis will have been included as he fits the criteria for List B, something Hoever doesn’t, I believe.

I know Liverpool staff have big hopes for Hoever and feel his progress is on track.

He’s still just 17, too, so this is not a huge slight on the young Dutchman.

His time will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom