• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

People; We are being lied to

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club never gave a reason why Fekir's transfer fell through. It was only after a season or two, when Fekir moved to Betis that his agent, Jonathan Barnett tried to insinuate that the later involvement of player's brother and family caused us to have second thoughts, and now, Fekir has weighed in to suggest otherwise.

Remember in 2018 when we were linked with Nabil Fekir and as a result of his medical we were told that there were concerns about his operation on his knee. So we will not be signing him..?

How spectacularly wrong were the medical staff there a grand total of 59 days missed since 2018

[xtable=skin1]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Muscle Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 19, 2021{/td}
{td}Mar 3, 2021{/td}
{td}12 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Muscular problems{/td}
{td}Nov 5, 2020{/td}
{td}Nov 29, 2020{/td}
{td}24 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Dec 7, 2019{/td}
{td}Dec 14, 2019{/td}
{td}7 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Sep 21, 2019{/td}
{td}Oct 3, 2019{/td}
{td}12 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}17/18{/td}
{td}Bruised Knee{/td}
{td}Feb 26, 2018{/td}
{td}Apr 2, 2018{/td}
{td}35 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16/17{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Aug 28, 2016{/td}
{td}Sep 20, 2016{/td}
{td}23 days{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Cruciate Ligament Rupture{/td}
{td}Sep 7, 2015{/td}
{td}Apr 7, 2016{/td}
{td}213 days{/td}
{td}39{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/09/nabil-fekir-reflects-on-dark-moment-of-failed-liverpool-transfer-in-201/

Maybe it is in the past, but if you believe that the Torres/Chelsea deal was arranged many months before it took place then the conclusion is that FSG, Liverpool FC and manager at the time Kenny Dalglish; lied to us then and lied to us about Torres and lied to us about Fekir.

Makes you question the whole Coutinho transfer, and what if we end up selling Salah..?? will we be lied to there about the reasons surrounding that sale..?

And how does it now make you feel knowing that Kenny Dalglish and Jurgen Klopp may have when along with these lies...?

For me, it just saddens me, because I would like to believe they did not. But being a US base company, I feel pretty sure that both Dalglish and Klopp signed confidentiality clauses when signing up for the club

Edit:- added https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/transfers/nabil-fekir-breaks-silence-over-failed-liverpool-move
I think there have been bigger sins than not signing Fakir. I think last winter waiting to the last day of the window is such a sin.
PC wanted to goto Barcelona, that paved the way for us to get VVD and AB.
I think FSG are tight wads, but deserve the credit for your getting Klopp and extending his stay.

First he denies it had anything to do with his family, then just at the end he slips that bit in about "surround yourself with the wrong people". At best the above is confused. At worst that last bit is a giveaway that the first bit is bullsh!t.
Didn't he sack his agent after the failed transfer? So probably the agent was a bell-end and asked for some ridiculous agent fee?

That does ring a bell, but I don't buy it. The idea that Fekir wouldn't have known in advance what his agent would be charging seems distinctly iffy to me.

I think there have been bigger sins than not signing Fakir. I think last winter waiting to the last day of the window is such a sin.
PC wanted to goto Barcelona, that paved the way for us to get VVD and AB.
I think FSG are tight wads, but deserve the credit for your getting Klopp and extending his stay.

It is not the buying/selling or not signing players that I have the problem with Here. It is the not giving us the real reasons that irks me, the whole You can't handle the truth" thing

It is not the buying/selling or not signing players that I have the problem with Here. It is the not giving us the real reasons that irks me, the whole You can't handle the truth" thing

Yep…. civilisation would dissolve into a dew, mere anarchy would be unleashed on this world, the pillars of society would crumble into dust and disaster would reign supreme, if we were ever to learn the terrible truth behind THE FEKIR AFFAIR!!!!!

Business can just not be done effectively having a completely open policy when it comes to negotiations regarding players. And to then reveal everything afterwards, well that's just going to make people be hesitant doing business with us. The Torres situation is a case in point. Torres had itchy feet, that was clear. It was also clear that he was making a fraction of the runs that he once did-- perhaps because of his fitness problems, perhaps his attitude--- perhaps both. The club absolutely could not have trumpeted the situation to supporters-- Torres was adored. I'm not sure what you think the club was meant to do. We got £50 million, which was an incredible amount at the time, and we spent it immediately.

Business can just not be done effectively having a completely open policy when it comes to negotiations regarding players. And to then reveal everything afterwards, well that's just going to make people be hesitant doing business with us. The Torres situation is a case in point. Torres had itchy feet, that was clear. It was also clear that he was making a fraction of the runs that he once did-- perhaps because of his fitness problems, perhaps his attitude--- perhaps both. The club absolutely could not have trumpeted the situation to supporters-- Torres was adored. I'm not sure what you think the club was meant to do. We got £50 million, which was an incredible amount at the time, and we spent it immediately.

I agree to a point, but what would have been so hard to say after selling Torres that the Club had been in negotiation with Chelsea for some months as Torres expressed a desire to leave LFC instead of the whole "It was a last minute thing" ?

Yep…. civilisation would dissolve into a dew, mere anarchy would be unleashed on this world, the pillars of society would crumble into dust and disaster would reign supreme, if we were ever to learn the terrible truth behind THE FEKIR AFFAIR!!!!!

Duck, and water,[bcolor=#ffffff] @StevieM [/bcolor]Duck and water :rolleyes:

I agree to a point, but what would have been so hard to say after selling Torres that the Club had been in negotiation with Chelsea for some months as Torres expressed a desire to leave LFC instead of the whole "It was a last minute thing" ?

Why are you arsed?

As a general rule selling your best players is unlikely to have a positive impact on the team. Also we had gone through a period where we just sold off any decent player as soon as they got a decent valuation.

Selling Coutinho got us the best CB in the world and the best GK in the world. So swings and roundabouts.

"Duck and Water".....?

Is that what the Persians were after from the Spartan's in 300?

It might be the name of a Donner-Vans favourite pub with a fine range of hand pumped real ales, serving a selection of flavoured pork pies, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom