• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

People; We are being lied to

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit like that time when you remember an old girlfriend and think back to what could have been. Then go on Facebook and find out she's put on 300lbs has 20 kids to 5 different men and is missing her front teeth.

Then you look at your current Mrs who's 300lbs less than the ex, has her own teeth and who's vagina hasn't been destroyed by 20 births by 5 losers. And you realise wow moving on was the best thing to do. Let it go man

It's also a bit like moving on when you were wrong about the Coutinho fee but can't let go and you have too keep bringing it up to prove a point but no-one cares or is listening.

People still go on about the add ons and we're like screw the add ons, we don't care.

Move on

Not the transfer itself, but truth around it

Who cares. I have been critical of FSG but the way they handled all aspects of Coutinho transfer was masterful. Denied the transfer in summer transfer window. Made Barca and the player desperate. Bought Van Dijk first and then Allison in the summer. Controlled the media narrative brilliantly to create an us against them mentality among the fans. That gave an extra edge to the atmosphere in Barcelona's return leg, not that Anfield needs it, but still it helped.

If they were disingenuous or selective with the truth and used it to paint Coutinho as the villain, even more respect to them.

Who cares. I have been critical of FSG but the way they handled all aspects of Coutinho transfer was masterful. Denied the transfer in summer transfer window. Made Barca and the player desperate. Bought Van Dijk first and then Allison in the summer. Controlled the media narrative brilliantly to create an us against them mentality among the fans. That gave an extra edge to the atmosphere in Barcelona's return leg, not that Anfield needs it, but still it helped.

If they were disingenuous or selective with the truth and used it to paint Coutinho as the villain, even more respect to them.
But what the £42 mlion owed to us?

To be fair, Fekir has been excellent at Betis and there were times it would have probably helped us to have him in the team. But no one knows if his knee would have held up in the EPL, especially with his tendency to provoke players into tackles. Not a bullet dodged IMO, but not someone to cry over either.

You must be the only one on the planet to question the Coutinho transfer. Widely regarded as the greatest piece of transfer business done by any club in the last 7-10 years. And if LFC was a shitehouse and lied to push Coutinho out of our club and into Barca's hands, then that makes it even better.

Don't forget there was a large contingent of people who said "you should never sell your best players"

Don't forget there was a large contingent of people who said "you should never sell your best players"

To be fair, at that time trust in our transfers was only beginning to increase. Our transfer committee had not handled the Suarez replacement money very well. I am not sure what my stand was but there was a good chance I was also in the don't sell Coutinho, group.

But to question that transfer or the circumstances around the transfer now is different gravy.

Remember in 2018 when we were linked with Nabil Fekir and as a result of his medical we were told that there were concerns about his operation on his knee. So we will not be signing him..?

How spectacularly wrong were the medical staff there a grand total of 59 days missed since 2018

[xtable=skin1]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Muscle Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 19, 2021{/td}
{td}Mar 3, 2021{/td}
{td}12 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Muscular problems{/td}
{td}Nov 5, 2020{/td}
{td}Nov 29, 2020{/td}
{td}24 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Dec 7, 2019{/td}
{td}Dec 14, 2019{/td}
{td}7 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Sep 21, 2019{/td}
{td}Oct 3, 2019{/td}
{td}12 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}17/18{/td}
{td}Bruised Knee{/td}
{td}Feb 26, 2018{/td}
{td}Apr 2, 2018{/td}
{td}35 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16/17{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Aug 28, 2016{/td}
{td}Sep 20, 2016{/td}
{td}23 days{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Cruciate Ligament Rupture{/td}
{td}Sep 7, 2015{/td}
{td}Apr 7, 2016{/td}
{td}213 days{/td}
{td}39{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/09/nabil-fekir-reflects-on-dark-moment-of-failed-liverpool-transfer-in-201/

Maybe it is in the past, but if you believe that the Torres/Chelsea deal was arranged many months before it took place then the conclusion is that FSG, Liverpool FC and manager at the time Kenny Dalglish; lied to us then and lied to us about Torres and lied to us about Fekir.

Makes you question the whole Coutinho transfer, and what if we end up selling Salah..?? will we be lied to there about the reasons surrounding that sale..?

And how does it now make you feel knowing that Kenny Dalglish and Jurgen Klopp may have when along with these lies...?

For me, it just saddens me, because I would like to believe they did not. But being a US base company, I feel pretty sure that both Dalglish and Klopp signed confidentiality clauses when signing up for the club

Edit:- added https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/transfers/nabil-fekir-breaks-silence-over-failed-liverpool-move

Your posts get more deranged by the day.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that missing out on Fekir was, all things considered, a blessing in disguise. As for Torres, we got 50m for a player who'd lost all his heart, and was physically shot, and bought Luis Suarez in the beginning of a period when we were a hair's breadth of winning the league.

I'm not saying that FSG have been perfect owners, but Donavan seems to have found straw-strength sticks to beat them with.

Its not just about Fekir is it. Were we lied to about Torres and when the decision made to sell him, Suarez and Coutinho...
Mane, why is it only if Barca or Real..?

Its not just about Fekir is it. Were we lied to about Torres and when the decision made to sell him, Suarez and Coutinho...
Mane, why is it only if Barca or Real..?
Why do you care? The club don’t actually have to tell us anything that doesn’t impact us.

Hang on a minute ... wasn't it Donovan who used the club's version of events, which was clearly the absolute truth and beyond any doubt, to categorically prove that the purchase of Suarez was covered by the Babbel sale & NOT by the Torres sale .... ????

This reminds of the time that Grand Moff Tarkin got all offended when Princess Leia lied to him about the rebel base being on Dantoine.

Vader knew she was talking balls… but didn’t give two hairy fucks.

Be more like Vader Donner-Van… be more like Vader.

I love that this keeps coming up, so I can say

"I can't believe we tried to sign that Fekir"

Or

"That Fekir is still moaning"

Or
"That Fekir turned out to be a dud"

Or

"who's idea was it to sign that Fekir anyway"

Hang on a minute ... wasn't it Donovan who used the club's version of events, which was clearly the absolute truth and beyond any doubt, to categorically prove that the purchase of Suarez was covered by the Babbel sale & NOT by the Torres sale .... ????

Yes I did, that was until @StevieM stated that Torres casted doubt on that saying It (The Transfer) had been in negotiation for months before the deal was stuck.
I try and keep an open mind, and will correct my thoughts on matters "if" I can find there is a good reason to do so, and while I still believe that the set of events surrounding Suarez's arrival at the club is the correct one I have to admit I could be wrong on this and If so the story about Fekir only seems to back up the story about Torres sale being a few months in the making

Yes I did, that was until @StevieM stated that Torres casted doubt on that saying It (The Transfer) had been in negotiation for months before the deal was stuck.
I try and keep an open mind, and will correct my thoughts on matters "if" I can find there is a good reason to do so, and while I still believe that the set of events surrounding Suarez's arrival at the club is the correct one I have to admit I could be wrong on this and If so the story about Fekir only seems to back up the story about Torres sale being a few months in the making

I think you’re confusing me with Ross.

Or

Or

Or

Or "Feck, that feckin' Fekir is a feckin' fecker"

You are the strangest stranger from strange town, county strange

Or

Or

Or

I came here only to say that the deal was clearly scuppered because his brother was acting like a real Fekir.

As a general rule selling your best players is unlikely to have a positive impact on the team. Also we had gone through a period where we just sold off any decent player as soon as they got a decent valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom